Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Franco300992 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Working in Construction. How should I workout now?

Title says it. Ive barely started doing that and although only the first couple of days were hard for me, I still get home really tired, definitely not wanting to go to the gym. Im working with a paver company so all I do is break concrete if needed, carry pavers, install pavers, shovel a lot, and carry wheelbarrows a lot which I think its like a whole back workout by itself!

So I do that monday thru friday, 7:30am -4:30 pm and i go to school at 6pm to 7:20pm or even 9:50 some classes, but i still have time to go to the gym during the week and weekends, but all im saying is that im doing a lot these days. Maybe it just seems like a lot for me since ive barely started this whole busy all day routine.

But anyways all im looking for is for ways to train that can help me keep gaining muscle now that im on my bulk. Im definitely eating a lot! I got an app on my phone where i log all i eat and it says i gotta shoot for 4500 cals with all I do! idk if thats crazy or if its right, but id think 3900 would be enough so sometimes thats as far as i get. I also know sleep is important so no more staying up late this time, especially when i gotta wake up so early again after like a year after i graduated!

So again, im wondering what kind of workouts could i do? Like should i do HIT or should i just do normal workouts, or get into some especial workout program? The thing is that sometimes i miss a day or two of the gym cuz i just dont have time to go or i might be to tired to go. So i need just something that i can do even if i miss a day.

Im asking those who have experienced doing what im doing, or something like it, and that have made good gains doing everything right. Or anyone that can help lol

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Franco300992 View Post

So again, im wondering what kind of workouts could i do?
    Just stick with what's been working for you in the past. Just because you're more physically active in your everyday life doesn't mean your training requirements change.

If you're eating and resting adequately when you're not working or training, you'll adapt relatively quickly to your new and increased everyday level of activity; especially at your age.

I speak from RL experience here; before I retired 4 years ago, I worked a very physical outdoor utility company construction job while still maintaining a consistent training program. I made steady progress during that time, and I didn't even start training until I was 45. You're way ahead of the curve I trained on. Just get busy. Do work.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Excellent post above, Bill.

I did a bit of work doing brickies labouring and similar tasks to you, wheelbarrowing sh.it loads of cement, mixing cement water etc, and non stop moving bricks the whole day. I ate enormous amounts during those days 6,000 calories on some days as i played football too which burned energy like mad. I only did that work for a brief time frame as i had another job come my way. But that type of physical work is by far the hardest days work a man can do IMO. Keep with it, and sleep heaps..no late nights, limit drinking to next to nothing, have a nice big breakfast daily, 1,500 calories minimum. As post above says, implement your sessions and try not to alter too much unless recovery is an issue then just hit 2x workouts per week total body or something.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

POTA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) POTA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) POTA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) POTA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) POTA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) POTA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) POTA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) POTA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) POTA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) POTA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) POTA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been working construction with my dad every single summer break, Christmas vacation and many weekends. Wheeling wheelbarrows full of concrete up steep slopes, sledgehammering out existing pieces, etc. It's physically draining. But it's no reason to change your routine. I didn't change my routine and I continue to see good results. Each body part gets 4-5 exercises and 4 sets each for each exercise, pyramided, of course.