Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Kodiak Bear's BodySpace

Best Outdoor Basketball Shoes?

I mostly play outdoor, and need a good pair of shoes that won't get torn up on pavement.

I'm a point guard first, shooting guard second. I've modeled my game around Iverson's since 98 or so, but I don't hesitate to pass. What I mean is that I use my speed/quickness/explosiveness to my advantage, and I have great handles, so I look to beat people off the dribble to create scoring/playmaking opportunities. If it helps, I'm from Boston area and Rajon Rondo is my favorite PG currently, so you know I'm not selfish running the point.

The cheap "cross-training" shoes I'm wearing now have holes on the outside from changing directions too fast. If I explode to my right, then plant my right foot to explode to my left, it puts a ton of stress on the right side of my right shoe. The cloth sided "cross-training" shoes can't handle that type of stress, and have holes in them. Plus these cross-trainers are too low-cut, they don't give me proper ankle support. I sprained my right ankle 3x from April till August.

So I definitely need basketball shoes, and there are lots of options, BUT, I need a pair that can handle outdoor use. I need to protect my ankles, and also offer traction, but won't wear out too quick.

My current pair of garbage "cross-trainers", I make a hard move to the right and switch direction (on concrete), and I "slide" about a foot before I can change direction. I can smell the rubber burning.

Any suggestions for a good pair of outdoor basketball shoes for an explosive point guard?

ih00p is just really nice. (+1000) ih00p is just really nice. (+1000) ih00p is just really nice. (+1000) ih00p is just really nice. (+1000) ih00p is just really nice. (+1000) ih00p is just really nice. (+1000) ih00p is just really nice. (+1000) ih00p is just really nice. (+1000) ih00p is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go with derek rose's shoe or lebrons or any non post player shoe since ur a guard. and u should probably not wear cross trainers to play ball n if u do be sure to get ankle insurance !!!!

Stats: 5'8"
    ryanyoung88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ryanyoung88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ryanyoung88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ryanyoung88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ryanyoung88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ryanyoung88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ryanyoung88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ryanyoung88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ryanyoung88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ryanyoung88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ryanyoung88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit ryanyoung88's BodySpace
    Kobe V's are awesome
    #TEAM IF

''Someone, Somewhere is working on their game right now. They could be your competition some day. Don't let them out-work you''

''Everyone is equal: Some just work harder in pre-season''

** Twitter: @ryanyoung88 **

Stats: 5'11", 180 lbs
    slovakboxa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) slovakboxa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) slovakboxa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) slovakboxa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) slovakboxa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) slovakboxa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) slovakboxa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) slovakboxa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) slovakboxa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) slovakboxa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) slovakboxa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit slovakboxa's BodySpace
    Derrik Rose shoes are good. I've been playing outdoor on them (original rose shoe) most days for the last 7 months and they still have most of the grip. I want to buy the 1.5 version but it is hard to find in my country.

Stats: 5'9", 162 lbs
    paskicker is just really nice. (+1000) paskicker is just really nice. (+1000) paskicker is just really nice. (+1000) paskicker is just really nice. (+1000) paskicker is just really nice. (+1000) paskicker is just really nice. (+1000) paskicker is just really nice. (+1000) paskicker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit paskicker's BodySpace
    The best outdoor shoe meets the following criteria:

-Fits you perfectly.
    -Is inexpensive.

It doesn't matter how good a shoe is...if you are playing basketball on blacktop, then you are going to bust the hell out of the soles, and they will usually only last for a year if you play regularly.

So simply, don't focus on brand or name. Focus on price, fit, and feel on the court. Try them once, and return the suckers before they get dirty if they don't perform or give you blisters.

Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kodiak Bear has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Kodiak Bear's BodySpace
    nice, thanks for the advice. the derrick rose ones look nice i'll have to find a pair to try on.

Originally Posted by ih00p View Post
    Go with derek rose's shoe or lebrons or any non post player shoe since ur a guard. and u should probably not wear cross trainers to play ball n if u do be sure to get ankle insurance !!!!
    tell me about it i got 2 minor sprains (week off each) and then a nasty one that kept me off the court 5 weeks, all on same foot. they all happened the same way though, coming down off-balance on a layup then tripping on the base of my portable hoop. none of these would have happened on a real court. but still it's only a matter of time before it happens on flat ground if i don't get some real shoes.

biggest problem is lack of traction though. literally sliding a couple feet on a hard cut.

daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit daveshit's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Kodiak Bear View Post
    nice, thanks for the advice. the derrick rose ones look nice i'll have to find a pair to try on.

tell me about it i got 2 minor sprains (week off each) and then a nasty one that kept me off the court 5 weeks, all on same foot. they all happened the same way though, coming down off-balance on a layup then tripping on the base of my portable hoop. none of these would have happened on a real court. but still it's only a matter of time before it happens on flat ground if i don't get some real shoes.

biggest problem is lack of traction though. literally sliding a couple feet on a hard cut.
    Those situations, when you twist your ankle, most of the time happen when you land on other player foot. To reduce the likehood of injury you must have good mobility in your ankles. That way you will twist it but if your ankles are mobile enough you wont end up injured. If your ankles are stiff then when this happens you get few months off. Taping and bracing ankles, along with shoes that reduce the mobility of ankle presents problem because lack of mobility in ankle tends to get that mobility from knee, which is not a good thing.
    You would do much better with doing some ankle mobility drills and strengthen your calves and tibialis anterior.
    And definitely buy some shoes with cushion just because you play outside.

Stats: 6'0", 185 lbs
    slalomx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) slalomx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) slalomx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) slalomx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) slalomx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) slalomx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) slalomx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) slalomx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) slalomx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) slalomx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) slalomx has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit slalomx's BodySpace

Stats: 5'7", 255 lbs
    g2damo1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit g2damo1's BodySpace
    1st of all D rose's shoe are for indoor only and any other other basketball player shoes due to them playing only indoors, the best shoe for outdoors are a cheap shoe or a shoe that has a thick outer sole or thick tred such ass the reebok basketball zigs