Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post future of mens physique division?

hey, guys so how do you think this division will evolve in the future, since it is just introduced it hard to tell right away what they want, but it seems right now to be more of a male model competition very similar to the model america and wbff competitions, forgiv me if im wrong which i very well may be just going of what i could find, however i do think its a good idea altough there are some things i dont lik, to add this division despite the many negective critism about it women division have figur bikini phsique as well as bodybuilding now men can have the goal to compete in the ifbb without having to get insanly huge, not that i hav anything agaist ifbb bodybuilders im a big fan of bodybuilding and hav a great deal of respect for them, but this is also a great look as well for those looking for a more natural and diferent look, if i could compare mens physique right now to a womens division it is most closely resembles bikini, this is the part i dislike about the division, i think it is based much more on looks and presence than actualy body and aesthetics, they made that pretty clear i think with the board shorts where you cant even see your leg development, is really like to see this evolove or maybe a new mens division which is more judged on the body and aesthics rather than majority on presence somthing like the womens figur or new phsique division which is beteween figure and bodybuilding, the wbff made a new division i tought was good called "male muscle model" which is basically that i think somthing between bodybuilding and physique, id really like to see somthing like that added to the mend division in the npc and iffb since i doubt natural bodybuilding will replace bodybuilding of today i think having these new division is great way natural bodybuilders can one day compete at the ifbb level, what your toughts on this, thank u for taking the time to read all this
    "Embrace Your Dreams..."

Ditched the hooker heels! elainedeluca's Avatar
    elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ppaul24 View Post
    hey, guys so how do you think this division will evolve in the future, since it is just introduced it hard to tell right away what they want, but it seems right now to be more of a male model competition very similar to the model america and wbff competitions, forgiv me if im wrong which i very well may be just going of what i could find, however i do think its a good idea altough there are some things i dont lik, to add this division despite the many negective critism about it women division have figur bikini phsique as well as bodybuilding now men can have the goal to compete in the ifbb without having to get insanly huge, not that i hav anything agaist ifbb bodybuilders im a big fan of bodybuilding and hav a great deal of respect for them, but this is also a great look as well for those looking for a more natural and diferent look, if i could compare mens physique right now to a womens division it is most closely resembles bikini, this is the part i dislike about the division, i think it is based much more on looks and presence than actualy body and aesthetics, they made that pretty clear i think with the board shorts where you cant even see your leg development, is really like to see this evolove or maybe a new mens division which is more judged on the body and aesthics rather than majority on presence somthing like the womens figur or new phsique division which is beteween figure and bodybuilding, the wbff made a new division i tought was good called "male muscle model" which is basically that i think somthing between bodybuilding and physique, id really like to see somthing like that added to the mend division in the npc and iffb since i doubt natural bodybuilding will replace bodybuilding of today i think having these new division is great way natural bodybuilders can one day compete at the ifbb level, what your toughts on this, thank u for taking the time to read all this
    Personally, I feel that the new Men's Physique is the equivalent of Women's Bikini and has no place in a bb competition. These divisions were created TO MAKE MONEY!!!
    ********: http://www.********.com/Chickthatlifts
    ******** Fan Page: http://www.********.com/ChickThatLiftsElaineDeLuca
    Twitter: @chickthatlifts
    Blog: http://www.chickthatlifts.com

Top Secret Nutrition Sponsored Athlete

Dedication + motivation = annihilation
    Live, love, lift

Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ppaul24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by elainedeluca View Post
    Personally, I feel that the new Men's Physique is the equivalent of Women's Bikini and has no place in a bb competition. These divisions were created TO MAKE MONEY!!!
    i have to agree wit u sadly this is tru, they wer both made to market to modeling agencies i think, however what do u think of figure and womens physique divisions? im hoping there will be one day a similar division for males more of a natural bodybuilding type division except not labeled as bodybuilding, and muscluratiy not too the extream off pro bodybuilders these days, mens physique claims they do this but obviously it is not , the board shorts are a obvious sign this is not a competition of aesthetics
    "Embrace Your Dreams..."

bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000)
    i have to agree wit u sadly this is tru, they wer both made to market to modeling agencies i think, however what do u think of figure and womens physique divisions? im hoping there will be one day a similar division for males more of a natural bodybuilding type division except not labeled as bodybuilding, and muscluratiy not too the extream off pro bodybuilders these days, mens physique claims they do this but obviously it is not , the board shorts are a obvious sign this is not a competition of aesthetics
    As someone who has competed in this new division I would argue strongly with the above statements. The amount of work that goes in to build ones body ot perform well in these competions is hardly comparable to a beauty contest. If you take an honest look at the guys who are winning on the national level you will see muscular well rounded physiques. Many if not all have great wheels, just not seen at this point. My guess is the shorts will evolve over the next few years. Many of the competitors that are doing well are guys who have dropped down from bodybuilding, I think this throws out the argument that it is not bodybuilding and doesn't belong. I know the hours, weeks, months, of dieting and hard work I put in to get to the point where I felt good enough to step on that stage. That's my $.02 anyway.
    ***Co-Founder DIVERGENT NUTRTION**

"The Worst you can be is like everyone else..."
    ~Arnold Schwarzeneggar

divergentnutrition.com

Originally Posted by bsnyds View Post
    As someone who has competed in this new division I would argue strongly with the above statements. The amount of work that goes in to build ones body ot perform well in these competions is hardly comparable to a beauty contest. If you take an honest look at the guys who are winning on the national level you will see muscular well rounded physiques. Many if not all have great wheels, just not seen at this point. My guess is the shorts will evolve over the next few years. Many of the competitors that are doing well are guys who have dropped down from bodybuilding, I think this throws out the argument that it is not bodybuilding and doesn't belong. I know the hours, weeks, months, of dieting and hard work I put in to get to the point where I felt good enough to step on that stage. That's my $.02 anyway.
    i also agree i think u may hav mmisunderstood what i said there i wasnt saying it didnt hav its place and that the competitiors dont work hard, however what they are looking for is a more model look, and the model look for men is by no means a beuty pagent you still hav to be musclular and have a well rounded physique, what i am disapointed in is the way it is judged to be honest from looking at this it was not the ones who had the best phsique who won the competitions or got pro status it was the ones who had the best stage presence and loosk, when i take a look at an mens physique contest and compare there physiques seing those who placed where hardly the ones who had the best physique, again not bashing the new categoriy just do not agree on the way it is judged currently and hoping it will evolve to be better, then again i may be wrong just my opinion
    "Embrace Your Dreams..."

Ditched the hooker heels! elainedeluca's Avatar
    elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bsnyds View Post
    Umm, both men's physique and bikini require a "model" look. Bikini competitors do have to workout and diet, just like Men's Physique, just not to the degree of a figure competitor/female bb'r. Same as men's physique...I have no doubt you train hard, but your training is surely different than that of someone who is competing in bodybuilding (any weight class).
    ********: http://www.********.com/Chickthatlifts
    ******** Fan Page: http://www.********.com/ChickThatLiftsElaineDeLuca
    Twitter: @chickthatlifts
    Blog: http://www.chickthatlifts.com

Top Secret Nutrition Sponsored Athlete

Dedication + motivation = annihilation
    Live, love, lift

bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000) bsnyds is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by elainedeluca View Post
    Umm, both men's physique and bikini require a "model" look. Bikini competitors do have to workout and diet, just like Men's Physique, just not to the degree of a figure competitor/female bb'r. Same as men's physique...I have no doubt you train hard, but your training is surely different than that of someone who is competing in bodybuilding (any weight class).
    Agreed on your point about physique verses bodybuilding. However, my wife is a figure competitor and training for the last comp along side of her I would say Physique much more closley resembles Figure than Bikini in terms of diet and preperation.
    ***Co-Founder DIVERGENT NUTRTION**

"The Worst you can be is like everyone else..."
    ~Arnold Schwarzeneggar

divergentnutrition.com

DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000)
    i also agree i think u may hav mmisunderstood what i said there i wasnt saying it didnt hav its place and that the competitiors dont work hard, however what they are looking for is a more model look, and the model look for men is by no means a beuty pagent you still hav to be musclular and have a well rounded physique, what i am disapointed in is the way it is judged to be honest from looking at this it was not the ones who had the best phsique who won the competitions or got pro status it was the ones who had the best stage presence and loosk, when i take a look at an mens physique contest and compare there physiques seing those who placed where hardly the ones who had the best physique, again not bashing the new categoriy just do not agree on the way it is judged currently and hoping it will evolve to be better, then again i may be wrong just my opinion
    Punctuation please. It makes it so hard to read...
    Don't complicate things (DCT).
    Hit your macros.
    Hit the gym.
    Get results.

viper-14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viper-14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viper-14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viper-14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viper-14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viper-14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viper-14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viper-14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viper-14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viper-14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) viper-14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am looking to get into this physique competition realm, can you better direct me to a link or site that gives me dates for 2012?
    Get BIG or go home!

DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000) DedicatedDad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by viper-14 View Post
    I am looking to get into this physique competition realm, can you better direct me to a link or site that gives me dates for 2012?
    http://www.npcnewsonline.com/PDFfile...estListing.pdf
    Don't complicate things (DCT).
    Hit your macros.
    Hit the gym.
    Get results.

burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DedicatedDad View Post
    Punctuation please. It makes it so hard to read...
    Beat me to it! Please, for the love of God, formulate a logical thought that is legible, well punctuated, and spelled correctly. It's difficult to actually get to the meat and potatos of your posts.

Registered User HighIntensityDriven's Avatar
    HighIntensityDriven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HighIntensityDriven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HighIntensityDriven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HighIntensityDriven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HighIntensityDriven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HighIntensityDriven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HighIntensityDriven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I train real hard all the time. Always at a high intensity. I stepped on state this weekend NPC texas state and not expecting took 1st place in mens physique 5'9 and under and then 1st in Mens Overall Physique. My diet was on point. I think it depends on the person and how they train. From experience some bodybuilders that have trained with me can't keep up with me or lift when I can lift. I like being a hybrid of bodybuilder, mens physique and sports athlete. Im very creative with my workouts. I train to grow in strength, power, functionality, and muscular developement. I admire all types of athletes. Everyone has different goals in how they want their body to look like. For my elf I dont like weighing any more than 190 lbs but thats just my personal preference. I admire all ranges my muscular body types and I admire anyone who trains like a beast. For my first time experience in a competition I really enjoyed it and plan on going to more. Everyone there looked good and I met quiet a bit of people
    "The definition of HELL: The last day you have on earth. The person you have become will meet the person you could have become."

“I absolutely believe that people, unless coached, never reach their maximum potential.”
    -Bob Nardelli, CEO, Home Depot

www.********.com/edwinlibreros
    www.exclusivefitnesspro.com

Registered User HighIntensityDriven's Avatar
    HighIntensityDriven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HighIntensityDriven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HighIntensityDriven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HighIntensityDriven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HighIntensityDriven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HighIntensityDriven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HighIntensityDriven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree because I could'nt pinpoint what they were looking for. I just tried not to get to vascular or shredded even though i wanted lol
    "The definition of HELL: The last day you have on earth. The person you have become will meet the person you could have become."

“I absolutely believe that people, unless coached, never reach their maximum potential.”
    -Bob Nardelli, CEO, Home Depot

www.********.com/edwinlibreros
    www.exclusivefitnesspro.com

burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burnstacp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What were your stats when you stepped on stage? I'm competing this weekend, and I'm looking to gauge where I should be. All the videos I see have been making me feel pretty confident I'll do well, but the first time jitters make me even more paranoid the closer I get.

Do you have any tips to pass along, or things you thought the judges would care about and didn't (or vice versa)?
    Last edited by burnstacp; 10-23-2011 at 11:44 PM.

azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000)
    Who cares why they were created, it's another division with a slightly different aesthetic that attracts more people to the culture. People once scoffed at figure and fitness