Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Do you still use Kaneka Q 10 from Japan?

I heard Kaneka is the best Q10. I wanted to try it but then it came to my mind that this stuff is made in Japan. This freaks me out a bit.
    What do you think? Do you think it's safe to take this? I know that those companies which use it in their products say it's safe and that they test it for radiation but is this even possible? Can you rule out a possible radiation 100%?
    This really sucks.

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh man, I was going to buy this cellphone last month but then I saw that it was made in Japan, no thanks bro. And don't get me started on Honda's, I don't even dare driving behind them on the highway, all of that cancer just hitting me in the dick.
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol

i wouldn't worry about radiation, everything is screened on the way out of japan and on the way into usa/canada since the fukushima daiichi incident.

maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10) maggotz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    And this screening is absolutely safe? No possible errors or ways around the screening?

CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CAV40 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by maggotz View Post
    And this screening is absolutely safe? No possible errors or ways around the screening?
    You can never be sure about anything coming into the country, or even things made in the country. In general, Japan does a very good job of manufacturing nearly everything they export. In terms of mass production they have always done it right.
    Lighweight Baby!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138082293&p=757641763#post757641763 (UNSPONSORED DAA/LG Sciences Formadrol Log)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123436191 (My AI TestoPro Log)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124230451 (My A.I. HgH Pro Log)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125096891 (My XF Vengeance Log)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129038871 (Fighter's Food Log)

mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000)
    it's kinda hard to mess up using a dosimeter/geiger counter...

But would a geiger counter really detect even small radiation? I mean let's say the Q10 is totally in the back of a ship and they walk through the rows with a geiger counter and they're far away from the Q10 then would it really detect even totally small radiations? Or would it only detect it if you held it directly next to it?

But would a geiger counter really detect even small radiation? I mean let's say the Q10 is totally in the back of a ship and they walk through the rows with a geiger counter and they're far away from the Q10 then would it really detect even totally small radiations? Or would it only detect it if you held it directly next to it?
    if it's "really small" radiation, say equal or less than ******t levels - it wouldn't be detected. keep in mind you're always exposed to a tiny amount of radiation at any given time, and they fluctuate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Background_radiation

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mer-der-ah View Post
    if it's "really small" radiation, say equal or less than ******t levels - it wouldn't be detected. keep in mind you're always exposed to a tiny amount of radiation at any given time, and they fluctuate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Background_radiation
    That's why I always wear a lead suit. I feel it helps my overall training just like it did for Piccolo in DBZ.
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

Does this mean you'd not worry about using supplements from Japan?

Does this mean you'd not worry about using supplements from Japan?
    not one bit.

But what if it's also possible to sneak stuff from Japan in via ship or plane without it being tested for radiation?
    I mean if a plane from Japan lands on the airport then are the passengers tested for radiation, too?

But what if it's also possible to sneak stuff from Japan in via ship or plane without it being tested for radiation?
    I mean if a plane from Japan lands on the airport then are the passengers tested for radiation, too?
    Yes, and if there is any radiation the offending people and their things get incinerated.

And what happens then? Are you sure that every single person gets screened for radiation? How do they do this?

And what happens then? Are you sure that every single person gets screened for radiation? How do they do this?
    What do you mean, "what happens then?" They die, in a fire, horribly. Yes, every single person gets checked, they have these radiation dogs at the airports now that can smell it and will clamp down on a person's arm if they have any sort of radiation coming from them.

Making fun of my fears is not funny. I just worry about using Q 10 from Japan is this so bad?

why don't you buy a decent dosimeter and do it yourself if you're gonna keep trippin bout it...

Originally Posted by mer-der-ah View Post
    why don't you buy a decent dosimeter and do it yourself if you're gonna keep trippin bout it...
    Do these things not cost a fortune? I mean then I can as well throw my Q10 away and buy different Q10.

I just worry cause nowadays it is all about money. I don't trust companies very much. They can claim a lot and say they'd not use contaminated stuff but who guarantees this?

Do these things not cost a fortune? I mean then I can as well throw my Q10 away and buy different Q10.

I just worry cause nowadays it is all about money. I don't trust companies very much. They can claim a lot and say they'd not use contaminated stuff but who guarantees this?
    it's not the company that will scan it. it's the local gov't. so that means if you get sick from radiation, your government isn't doing their job.

since the march 2011 quake/tsunami/radiation thing in japan, all imported goods from japan are scanned when they arrive here, and are also scanned several times before leaving japan. stop being so paranoid. you're pointlessly raising your cortisol levels.

And there is no way to somehow get around the screenings? Does this mean that nothing, not even a letter can leave Japan without getting screened?

well, i think there was some rain that left the area of Japan shortly after the disaster and fell in the New England area. it raised background radiation a bit and i think might have contaminated some crops, albeit temporarily.

ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ryanco64 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's some intense radiation fears...

In any case, you should be fine. If the radiation was indeed that rampant, we wouldn't get anything from Japan imported period. And there is never any test that confirms anything 100%, so you either live with the fact that your products might have radiation (but doesn't necessarily mean that they do) or stop taking it altogether.
    Everything looks better with flames.

I only use 100% cGMP Powercage. It's protein, creatine and multi all in one. Still missing the fish oil though.

If it was radiated what would happen when I take it?

c01642 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) c01642 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) c01642 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) c01642 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) c01642 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) c01642 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If it was radiated what would happen when I take it?
    The cock on your head would probably drop off!

Originally Posted by c01642 View Post
    The cock on your head would probably drop off!
    You're a high quality member.

jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    did you have some huge radiation trauma?

lol
    dude if your so scared just don't take it.
    Anyways I heard that the people from japan are so used to their supps having radiation that they just got used to it. In this case they have no side effects while we americans are screwed. It has gotten as far as that they put radiation in their supps BECAUSE THEY LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would be careful man.. look it up

Originally Posted by jakebake View Post
    did you have some huge radiation trauma?

lol
    dude if your so scared just don't take it.
    Anyways I heard that the people from japan are so used to their supps having radiation that they just got used to it. In this case they have no side effects while we americans are screwed. It has gotten as far as that they put radiation in their supps BECAUSE THEY LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would be careful man.. look it up
    Seriously, is anyone here who lives in Japan and who knows if there is any radiation in the area where the Kaneka factory is?

Seriously, is anyone here who lives in Japan and who knows if there is any radiation in the area where the Kaneka factory is?
    I'm actually best friends with the owner of Kaneka, I'll give him a call in a minute and let you know.

I heard that Japan is becoming more and more polluted with radiation. This really worries me. What if Kaneka is also becoming more radiated?

Do you know if the government checks every ship or airplane from Japan for radiation or is this the job of the companies who ordered the stuff to control for radiation?