Mirotic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I Think I've Plateaued .... Read this story ! =(

Last year at the beginning of college I decided I wanted to gain some muscle so I started working out. Every week I learned more and more about lifting and gained 20 pounds (125-145, 5'6) by the end of two semesters (roughly 9-10 months). I didn't work out much about 3 times a week but the workouts are a little more intense than what I see most people doing. I finish my routine in under an hour and do supersets. I didn't work on my legs much, and did more isolated exercises. Basically I was your typical beginner working on chest/arms 2-3 times a week..

Now we get to summer.... I started eating more ...probably around 2500-3000 calories a day. I started doing more compound exercises (deadlifts, squats), consuming more protein. I started doing more exercises and cutting down on my chest/arm workouts to once a week. I still go about 3 times a week but the crazy part is that I'm soar after every workout + the next day which wasn't the case before summer (a clear indication that my workouts improved). It's now been 4 months and I haven't gained one single pound. I fluctuate between 142-146. As the months went on my apetite decreased, I've lost some motivation, and I'm getting frustrated. The past 14 months I've stayed on routine working 3 times a week consistently. I've changed my workouts up every 2 weeks, and do less reps more weight on the majority of my exercises.

I will say that losing my apetite is probably the major factor into contributing to this, but I can't really get it back. Through the reading I've done, I'm guessing my body is fatigued? I've been thinking about taking a week off and spending that time doing stretches, going for walks, etc.

Any suggestions to cope with this would be nice. I feel like I'm at the point where I'm only going to the gym to maintain weight ..and it's hard to get motivated when you don't see results.

alromaithi93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alromaithi93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alromaithi93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alromaithi93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alromaithi93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alromaithi93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alromaithi93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alromaithi93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alromaithi93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alromaithi93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alromaithi93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1. take 2-3 protien shakes a day.
    2. cardio every other day. (app. 30min.)
    3. Sleep at least 8 hours a day.
    4. Healthy diet. (ex: egg whites,oats,wheat bread,peanut butter, milk, tuna ect.)
    "Experiencing this pain in my muscles and aching and going on and on is my challenge. The last three or four reps is what makes the muscles grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens."

- Arnold Schwarzennegger

Mirotic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1. I am taking 4 servings of protein shakes a day (24g per serv)
    2. Cardio?
    3. I'm sleeping around that much if not more
    4. Eating all of those including nuts