MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Ribose + ALA + L-Carnitine + Creatine combination

Currently I'm only taking 3g Creatine a day, no side effects. Drinking lots of water, lifting, mild cardio, losing weight.

I got some Ribose, Alpha Lipoic Acid, and L-Carnitine last week and took 5g ribose, 1g L-Carnitine and 250mg ALA with my pre-workout BCAAs and felt messed up all day. Had some good energy the first 2-3 hours after my workout but crashed, was jittery & feeling lightheaded/strung-out.

Is it just 'cause I had a good workout and I'm eating at a 500-700cal deficit daily, or are these known to cause this kind of effect when taken together? I haven't had any more of these 3 supplements since that day last week and haven't had the symptoms return.

I drink lots of coffee pre and post workout and don't like any other stimulants, so feeling like the ass end of a speed binge all day wasn't my thing.

I've been reading up that many say L-Carnitine and Ribose don't do anything, but looking for some specific feedback as to whether I should just chuck these, or work out a better dosage to get the stimulant effect.

amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I doubt the crash is being caused by ala, l-cart, or bcaa.. ribose could be causing sugar issues, so you might want to get that checked. If I had to guess though, it's the coffee/cal deficit/workout combo that causing your crash.. burning the candle at both ends imo. "Jittery" sounds like caffeine overload...

MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrEggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've had a pot or two a coffee a day for the past 10-12 years so caffeine barely affects me... probably the calorie deficit. Do ALA or L-carnitine even do anything, BTW? I've read multiple places that L-Carnitine, at least, doesn't do anything it purports....

amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MrEggs View Post
    I've had a pot or two a coffee a day for the past 10-12 years so caffeine barely affects me... probably the calorie deficit. Do ALA or L-carnitine even do anything, BTW? I've read multiple places that L-Carnitine, at least, doesn't do anything it purports....
    I've had ALA while on a cut, and it seemed that I could ingest more carbs than normal and my body seemed to ignore the water retention. As far as L-Carn, I used it years ago but didn't notice much of anything. That said, I take a tablespoon of BCAA's with a shake for muscle repair.

Originally Posted by amazongb View Post
    I've had ALA while on a cut, and it seemed that I could ingest more carbs than normal and my body seemed to ignore the water retention. As far as L-Carn, I used it years ago but didn't notice much of anything. That said, I take a tablespoon of BCAA's with a shake for muscle repair.
    Thanks for the feedback, always hard to tell what's really going on with these supplements since the folks selling them always say they have a million benefits.

I do take Scivation Xtend sipped during workouts and a serving of whey protein post-workout, trying to preserve as much muscle as possible while I lose some excess fat.