jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Protein Shake During Dinner? Bad?

I am trying to bulk up or gain lean weight. I have been taking a weight gainer / protein shake every day during my workouts. I am 6'3 185lbs and I am trying to get to ATLEAST 200 lbs by December. My diet/schedule usually goes like this:

9:30 am - Cereal or Frozen Waffles or Oatmeal
    1:00 pm - Tuna or Deli Meat Sandwich
    6:30 pm - Off of work
    8:30 pm - Finish my workout
    9: 00 pm - eat dinner (chicken or shrimp with rice etc...) WITH protein shake (2.5 scoops with water)
    12:00 pm- Bed

Is this a problem? I know I am not PERFECT, but I am wondering if I shouldnt be eating a high calorie/protein meal with a high calorie/protein shake at the same time. Is this bad for me?

I dont really see any other options. By the time I am done my workout its so late in the day I dont have time to space it out.

Any advice??

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jordanlevin8 View Post
    I am trying to bulk up or gain lean weight. I have been taking a weight gainer / protein shake every day during my workouts. I am 6'3 185lbs and I am trying to get to ATLEAST 200 lbs by December. My diet/schedule usually goes like this:

9: 00 pm - eat dinner (chicken or shrimp with rice etc...) WITH protein shake (2.5 scoops with water)

Is this a problem? I know I am not PERFECT, but I am wondering if I shouldnt be eating a high calorie/protein meal with a high calorie/protein shake at the same time. Is this bad for me?

I dont really see any other options. By the time I am done my workout its so late in the day I dont have time to space it out.

Any advice??
    Id probably rather take it in the morning if I were you, just my personal suggestion.

See if you can tweak your diet a bit, check out this site for some free golden info, diet is everything when it comes to training.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Any advice??
    Bro.. your diet sucks hardcore. If you are trying to gain weight with that diet you better be an 11 year old (skinny) school girl. If you are trying to gain 15lbs by December you are going to put on a lot of fat also. Check out the nutrition forums. You need to up your overall food intake, and definitely your protein. Ditch the cereal and waffles and go with eggs and oatmeal for breakfast (not instant oatmeal).
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanlevin8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mtpaquette View Post
    Bro.. your diet sucks hardcore. If you are trying to gain weight with that diet you better be an 11 year old (skinny) school girl. If you are trying to gain 15lbs by December you are going to put on a lot of fat also. Check out the nutrition forums. You need to up your overall food intake, and definitely your protein. Ditch the cereal and waffles and go with eggs and oatmeal for breakfast (not instant oatmeal).
    I wish I could do eggs man. I do not have the desire to wake up early just to cook breakfast. I eat the instant oatmeal and cereal at work because they provide it for free.

I am not going to die if I dont gain 15lbs by December, but my goal is definitally to break 200lbs.

If I drink the shake in the morning, will it have the same effect?

How am i supposed to increase my food intake if I work 10 hours a day? Its tough man!

KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I wish I could do eggs man. I do not have the desire to wake up early just to cook breakfast. I eat the instant oatmeal and cereal at work because they provide it for free.

I am not going to die if I dont gain 15lbs by December, but my goal is definitally to break 200lbs.

If I drink the shake in the morning, will it have the same effect?

How am i supposed to increase my food intake if I work 10 hours a day? Its tough man!
    I dont think your going to get much gains with the diet you have in play.

Why dont you cook a big bulk tray of chicken, and you can eat that in the morning and not have to cook it. Its your responsibility to set your diet up to help you establish your goals. You cant get caught up in whats free or not...your body is your investment.

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

Originally Posted by KimJong-il View Post
    I dont think your going to get much gains with the diet you have in play.

Why dont you cook a big bulk tray of chicken, and you can eat that in the morning and not have to cook it. Its your responsibility to set your diet up to help you establish your goals. You cant get caught up in whats free or not...your body is your investment.

Awesome idea man thanks I will definitally do that. Any other sugguestions?

What about the protein shake during dinner... Is that bad?

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Boil the eggs the night before. Use 2 scoops of protein and 1 cup of steel cut oats or something similar. Pack your lunch. I know it's tough man I have a crappy schedule too working 2 part time jobs and going to school full time, but where there is a will there is a way. All you have to do is ask around and there will be plenty of people willing to help most likely.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

Awesome idea man thanks I will definitally do that. Any other sugguestions?

What about the protein shake during dinner... Is that bad?
    Well, its not that its bad...Generally you want to get some solid meals in, and quality foods. If you really have trouble getting your protein intake in, then that fine, but make sure your getting plenty of protein from solid foods. Id pick the tuna over deli mean any day, unless its some natural roast beef or turkey.

Another idea is to make an omelet the night before for you to have breakfast that way you can eat it in a hurry in the morning if you dont find time to bulk cook.

If you must eat cereal try to eat quality cereal and not candy cereal.

Id really do some studying, and check out that link daily if I were you to get a good solid understanding on how to diet properly for both bulking and cutting and make adjustments with time. There is to much info to post here, and you have to find whats right for you.

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

Noted about the eggs and chicken. Going right now to the store haha.

My main concern is the shake with dinner. Its gotta be like a 1500 calorie intake. Is this bad?

Noted about the eggs and chicken. Going right now to the store haha.

My main concern is the shake with dinner. Its gotta be like a 1500 calorie intake. Is this bad?
    Thats probably a bit to much....You can take a shake before bed if you want,

You can buy a blender bottle, dry it out and put protein powder in it (the night before makes your morning easier) and take it during work at some point. If you dont have access to cold water get a 16 poland spring bottle and freeze it over night, or half freeze it and fill the rest with water in the morning.

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

Originally Posted by KimJong-il View Post
    Thats probably a bit to much....You can take a shake before bed if you want,

You can buy a blender bottle, dry it out and put protein powder in it (the night before makes your morning easier) and take it during work at some point. If you dont have access to cold water get a 16 poland spring bottle and freeze it over night, or half freeze it and fill the rest with water in the morning.
    Isn't the purpose of shakes for immediately after the workout? Same effect if I take it in the afternoon??

cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Isn't the purpose of shakes for immediately after the workout? Same effect if I take it in the afternoon??
    The purpose of protein shakes are to be a meal replacement if your on the go. As far as shakes after the workout, we're not gonna point fingers but that was just good marketing. I don't see any veggies listed in your diet and that's a problem. Whatever goal you set has to match your lifestyle, so if your always busy you have to plan plan plan. You'll find that with good meal planning it's a lot easier to get in the amount of food you need to gain that amount of weight.

degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You really need to eat more. Take some high protein snacks with you to work. I always take almonds to snack on between the time I get there and lunch then again after lunch and before quitting time. The shake would be better closer to bed as your body will only utilize so much protein digested at one time. You will either end up with gas or Piss it all out

Originally Posted by cr357 View Post
    The purpose of protein shakes are to be a meal replacement if your on the go. As far as shakes after the workout, we're not gonna point fingers but that was just good marketing. I don't see any veggies listed in your diet and that's a problem. Whatever goal you set has to match your lifestyle, so if your always busy you have to plan plan plan. You'll find that with good meal planning it's a lot easier to get in the amount of food you need to gain that amount of weight.
    so your saying that my weight gainer / protein / creotine shake do nothing for me in terms of gaining lean muscle? Should I not be taking it?

cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    so your saying that my weight gainer / protein / creotine shake do nothing for me in terms of gaining lean muscle? Should I not be taking it?
    Yes they help but you have to look at your total intake. Whatever calories, carbs, protein and fat is in your shake gets added to your daily total. You need a surplus of 3500 calories to gain a pound. Since your always on the go you need to turn your shakes into mass gainers. Add milk, oats, PB, sweet potatoes, vegetable powder, etc..

Originally Posted by cr357 View Post
    Yes they help but you have to look at your total intake. Whatever calories, carbs, protein and fat is in your shake gets added to your daily total. You need a surplus of 3500 calories to gain a pound. Since your always on the go you need to turn your shakes into mass gainers. Add milk, oats, PB, sweet potatoes, vegetable powder, etc..
    So when do I take the shake? If I take it during dinner is it pointless? Or before bed?

GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GregW1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So when do I take the shake? If I take it during dinner is it pointless? Or before bed?
    Taking it WITH dinner is redundant. You're already (probably) getting a substantial amount of protein w/ your dinner, so there's no need for extra.

I take protein between meals, and I make a protein breakfast shake with PB and some fruit (usually). So that's about 3-4 times a day.
    Body Nutrition - The Best Protein in the World!
    Magic Pudding & Trutein Now available on the bb.com store: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/body-nutrition.html

"The supplement business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

THE HEAVY IRON SQUAD,CUZZ ygbodybuilder10's Avatar
    ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No its not bad at all, why would it be?

My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What you consume in each meal is irrelevant. Drink it whenever you want.
    Team Beyond Fitness - http://********.com/beyondfitnessofficial
    For coaching, send me a personal message!