kachibi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kachibi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kachibi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kachibi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kachibi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kachibi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kachibi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Whey isolate (with 3% carbohydrate) and normal meals

I'm 23 and weigh 65kg (standard BMI) but with a little belly (other parts of my body are generally lean, but it seems the STOMACH isnt easy to extricate). I drink the whey isolate (with 3% carbo) 2 times a day. And for every week, I do workouts twice + jogging once. For non-exercise days, I eat little (cause i dont want to accumulate fat further around my stomach): a bread (morning)+ some meat, an egg white and rice noodles (lunch)+ some meat and rice noodles (dinner); For exercise days, i eat relatively more (in order to fuel my exercises): a bread (morning) + meat plus 1 bowl of rice (lunch) + vegetable plus meat plus 1 bowl of rice (dinner). Well, after half a year of workouts, I find that I dont have apparent changes for my body, say, my arms may FEEL like more solid, but they are not BULK. And hence I have the following questions:

1) I find that it takes me a long time to add WEIGHTS for my gym exercises. Say, i may need to do a month (around 8 times of workouts) of 30kg before being able to tolerate 35kg. What does it mean? Does it mean that my muscles grow slowly inspite of having drunk the isolate? And in other words, does it mean that even with the isolate, the nutrients from my normal meals ARE FAR FROM ENOUGH and hence I should EAT more CARBO and PROTEIN even with the help of the isolate?--> I wonder if this is also a reason for why my arms and other parts of body still appear to be LEAN even with workouts+the isolate

2) Other reasons like, sleeping for 8 hours, also count right?

3) I always worry that if im really gonna eat more protein+carbo, my little stomach will grow bigger. So I am always very sensitive about eating more protein+carbo. Do I concern too much? Hope somebody will tell me that what I am gonna to eat more will contribute themselves more to muscles rather than the stomach fat.

4) Any EFFECTIVE methods to KILL the little and difficult-to-extricate little stomach? (around 34 inch).

kachibi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kachibi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kachibi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kachibi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kachibi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kachibi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kachibi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    huh? no response?

push~~

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You seem to not understand much about whey. Whey isolate is just a form of protein. You can obtain protein from many sources, fish, beef, pork, chicken, etc. Whey comes from milk.

In general, when trying to gain mass, there are various recommendations for protein intake but somewhere in the range of 1-1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight is pretty standard. So that means if you weigh 180 pounds, you would shoot to ingest 180 - 270 grams of protein per day. If you can ingest that amount from whole foods, then you don't need any powder. If you are having trouble hitting your desired protein intake, then you can supplement with powder.

Whey isolate is nothing magical. It is simply a form of protein.

OK, I think I have gained enough protein per day. But what else MAY account for why I dont feel apparent results after so many months? I guess I did the workout exericises properly (as I had learnt them before). But I eat less per day and sleep at around 1:00-2:00am. I am thinking is it related to my diet and sleeping hours (<< but I guess my sleeping time isnt really that late right?). As you may know, I work out TWICE A WEEK. And for my diet habit, out of 7 days of a week, I have 4 days (2 days respectively for the first and second workout days) that I eat RELATIVELY more than the rest of the week in order to store more energy for the workouts. But for these 4 days, I eat a bread (breakfast) + rice & little meat & vegetables (lunch) and rice & little meat & vegetables (dinner) per day. And the rest 3 days I try to eat little i.e. without rice and just plain rice noodles with some toppings in order not to make my little belly GROW (yes, all fat mostly culmulates there, other parts of my body are leaner). And i will do CARDIO on one of these 3 low consumption days. (I adopt this 4 high 3 low method which is learnt from some SITES that teach people to BALANCE CARIO and MASS GAIN).

1) Well, just want to know, from your experience, do you think I really EAT INSUFFICIENTLY? I guess even for my high consumption days, the calories taken are still below enough right??

2) If you think I should really EAT MORE, then how to make sure the things I eat will not go to my little belly?

Registered User billybigbolocks's Avatar
    billybigbolocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) billybigbolocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) billybigbolocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) billybigbolocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) billybigbolocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) billybigbolocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) billybigbolocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) billybigbolocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) billybigbolocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) billybigbolocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) billybigbolocks will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's hard to tell exactly whats going on with you from your postings.
    I recommend addressing the intensity of your workouts and the particular exercises you do.
    I completely agree with SNORKELMAN's post above too.
    In a nutshell my advice is work harder eat less stodge.
    Good luck.
    If you appreciate what I've said, then give some rep ;)
    Current Supplements each Day:

6 Stars Pro Strength Creatine
    Dymatize Elite Protein Isolate (f**king loads of it!)
    B12 (additional to Multi-Vit) 1000 MCG
    Country-Life; High Potency Multi Vit
    Omega 3
    Evening Primrose Oil
    Calcium - Magnesium
    Tribulus Terrestris 800mg (Saponins 90%, Protodioscin 40%).
    Fenugreek 600mg (Fenuside 50%)
    *** Seriously go see Barlowe's Herbal Elixirs on E-bay or at BarlowesHerbalElixirs.com ***