T.McManus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New Circuit Training Routine

Hi,
    I have recently started a new routine. My aim for now is to lose fat. I started the routine last week and plan on doing it for 12 weeks.

Routine:-

5 Min Warm up

Circuit 1:
    1:30 min Medium Paced Treadmill
    0:30 min Sprint
    Squats (1x12)
    Military Press (1x12)
    Leg Press (1x10)
    Lateral Raises (1x10)

Rest 1 Min

Circuit 2:
    Bench Press (1x12)
    Deadlift (1x12)
    Dumbbell Incline Press (1x10)
    Lat Pulldown (1x10)

Rest 1 Min

Circuit 3:
    Tricep Pushdown (1x12)
    Barbell Curl (1x12)
    Tricep Extensions (1x10)
    Dumbbell Incline Curls (1x10)

Rest 1 Min

Circuit 4:
    Pushups (1x10)
    Sit Ups (1x25)
    Pushups (1x10)
    Sit Ups (1x25)

Rest 1 Min

Cooldown: 5 Min

--x--

I am going to do this 2 days a week. Maybe 3. Is this a good routine? I don't rest between exercises but 1 minute rest after each circuit. Done it two times last week, was sweating a lot. It lasts about 40 minutes.
    Is this a good routine?

Regards.

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Try not to be offended but that looks f*cking retarded.

Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
    Try not to be offended but that looks f*cking retarded.
    Are you gonna elaborate on how it looks "f*ckinh retaded?"
    I posted in the section so I'd get help on making the routine better.

Arkansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arkansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arkansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arkansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arkansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arkansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arkansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arkansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arkansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arkansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arkansan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah that reply was pretty retarded.

Anyway I don't know about that kind of workout. That one seems a little much. If your interested at mens fitness there is a workout called custom fat loss which seems pretty good.

Originally Posted by Arkansan View Post
    Yeah that reply was pretty retarded.

Anyway I don't know about that kind of workout. That one seems a little much. If your interested at mens fitness there is a workout called custom fat loss which seems pretty good.
    Thanks for the reply. I've opened it up and had a read. It seems pretty good. I'll have a proper read of it tonight. Bookmarked.

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Doing high rep deadlifts in the middle of circuit training is asking for an injury.

Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    Doing high rep deadlifts in the middle of circuit training is asking for an injury.
    Thanks for the reply. On my second day, I could feel something wrong with my back when doing the Deadlifts. So I guess that's the reason. What could I replace the deadlifts with?

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by T.McManus View Post
    Thanks for the reply. On my second day, I could feel something wrong with my back when doing the Deadlifts. So I guess that's the reason. What could I replace the deadlifts with?
    I would agree with you there.

I am not a fan of this type of circuit training, why don't you try something like clean and press with 30%1rm doing singles with 5-10 seconds between for 30 mins nonstop or something similar if you want to do resistance training for conditioning?

I would agree with you there.

I am not a fan of this type of circuit training, why don't you try something like clean and press with 30%1rm doing singles with 5-10 seconds between for 30 mins nonstop or something similar if you want to do resistance training for conditioning?
    Would that be good? As my main aim for now is shredding the fat. I need to lose about 15 pounds or so. And I'd ideally like to get started with strength training in the new year. So I have till the end of the year to lose the fat.

Thanks

Would that be good? As my main aim for now is shredding the fat. I need to lose about 15 pounds or so. And I'd ideally like to get started with strength training in the new year. So I have till the end of the year to lose the fat.

Thanks
    Why weight to start your strength training routine? It will help you cut body fat faster if you start doing heavy training now.

Why weight to start your strength training routine? It will help you cut body fat faster if you start doing heavy training now.
    Would that be the best way in your opinion? Which Strength training routine would you recommend, bearing in mind that I can't live that heavy?
    Thanks.

Would that be the best way in your opinion? Which Strength training routine would you recommend, bearing in mind that I can't live that heavy?
    Thanks.
    Anything the stickies for a novice is fine. All Pro's, starting strength etc. Anything that promotes muscle growth will be helpful in speeding up your fat loss... otherwise you will be burning off muscle tissue along with fat while in a caloric deficit... I think you would rather just use your bodyfat for fuel than your muscle tissue also.

Anything the stickies for a novice is fine. All Pro's, starting strength etc. Anything that promotes muscle growth will be helpful in speeding up your fat loss... otherwise you will be burning off muscle tissue long with fat while in a caloric deficit... I think you would rather just use your bodyfat for fuel than your muscle tissue also.
    Thanks for the help Jason. I will definitely look in to Strength training. And will look in to throwing cardio in at the end of workouts.

Thanks for the help Jason. I will definitely look in to Strength training. And will look in to throwing cardio in at the end of workouts.
    Adding cardio is always a plus for fat burning. Hop over to the nutrition forum and figure up what macros and calories you should be shooting for, to achieve your fat loss goals also.

Adding cardio is always a plus for fat burning. Hop over to the nutrition forum and figure up what macros and calories you should be shooting for, to achieve your fat loss goals also.
    Thank you very much Jason. Much appreciated. Reps added.