Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Of The Clan Of Christ. Uber-neggR's Avatar
    Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000)

Question is bodybuilding a sin?

i was wondering if bodybuilding was a sin, after all it is vanity isn't it?
    but then again, the modern world seems to be based on money and vanity.

oh, and plz don't come and post your opinion on whether there is a GOD, this isn't the point (i don't want this thread turning into a flame war because some prick wants to say there is no GOD). if you don't believe in GOD, fine but don't turn it it into a flame-throwing thread.

so what do you think?, is it? cuz that would be my biggest weakness (apart from sex).
    Isaiah 43:2: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.

bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bts327 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

Yes I believe that bodybuilding is a sin, and thats why I do it. You see, unlike most people that are trying to go to heaven, I wish to reserve a nice, warm, cozy seat in Hell. So if its a sin, youll probably see me doing it-except homosexuality, if thats what it takes to get in to Hell...well..., Satan can just keep it.

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Re: is bodybuilding a sin?

Originally posted by Uber-neggR
    i was wondering if bodybuilding was a sin, after all it is vanity isn't it?
    but then again, the modern world seems to be based on money and vanity.

oh, and plz don't come and post your opinion on whether there is a GOD, this isn't the point (i don't want this thread turning into a flame war because some prick wants to say there is no GOD). if you don't believe in GOD, fine but don't turn it it into a flame-throwing thread.

so what do you think?, is it? cuz that would be my biggest weakness (apart from sex).
    It depends on your motivation for doing it. If you are seeking to be strong and healthy and be a good steward of the body you were given, I see no problem with it.

Registered User GulfCoastAquari's Avatar
    GulfCoastAquari is just really nice. (+1000) GulfCoastAquari is just really nice. (+1000) GulfCoastAquari is just really nice. (+1000) GulfCoastAquari is just really nice. (+1000) GulfCoastAquari is just really nice. (+1000) GulfCoastAquari is just really nice. (+1000) GulfCoastAquari is just really nice. (+1000) GulfCoastAquari is just really nice. (+1000) GulfCoastAquari is just really nice. (+1000) GulfCoastAquari is just really nice. (+1000) GulfCoastAquari is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree with Derek. God would want us to take care of our bodies and be healthy. Even beyond healthy, I think it is ok to want to be a powerful, muscular man simply because you can. You're bringing your apetite for gluttony into subjection and teaching self-discipline. Those are all good things.
    I've read that "Bodily exercise profiteth little" scripture, but seriously, the intent there is simply to show that exercising your faith is more worthwhile than your biceps.

On the flip side, I think that if bodybuilding (or anything) becomes an obsession that causes you to neglect your family, loved ones, spiritual life, work ethic, etc. then it's no longer a good thing.

Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: is bodybuilding a sin?

Originally posted by derekmac
    It depends on your motivation for doing it. If you are seeking to be strong and healthy and be a good steward of the body you were given, I see no problem with it.
    but we all know deep inside every bodybuilder, there is an urge of vanity. even pro's how do it to for physical perfection (so they say) end up on the stage wearing a thong and loving the reception they get (who wouldn't).
    fact is, must if not all people have the feeling of vanity (especially bodybuilbers).

p.s: i know this is off-topic in my own thread, but what bts said (homosexuality) reminded me of something, and the last flex mag (the one with priest in front), one of the last pages, where ronnie is posing and everone is taking a pic, there is some guy on the left that smiles and watches his dick.
    Isaiah 43:2: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.

any ways, if your offended about the my last paragraph, sorry i didn't mean to offend anyone, so i hope we can stick to the subject.
    i'll be back in two hours.

ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think it is if you let it consume your life.

Protozoalord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You aren't endowed with the ability to improve just so you can have that potential. It's there to be utilized.
    "Ambition without discretion will bring only ruin." -Alkanphel

"You are what you do when it counts." -The Masao

"I'll send you to the deepest pits of Hell. While you're there, you can lick the Devil's ass!" -Arucard

John Promise has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John Promise has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John Promise has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John Promise has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John Promise has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John Promise has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John Promise has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John Promise has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John Promise has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John Promise has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John Promise has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Think about the end of the world when our bodies are supposed to join our souls in heaven. Would you rather spend eternity in a fit, muscular body, or a fat, obese, disgusting body?

That's what I thought.
    I'm #12 in Y2J's "club"...and I'm scared.

This week on The Buff and the Beautiful: Colleen comes up with a new scheme to win over Carlos. But first she has to gain the trust of her captor.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158857

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DBSVPQ4

Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jimmy El Greco is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    no where in the bible does it say bodybuilding is a sin
    To be the "great one" you got to beat the great one.

El Greco's favourite website:
    www.fortifiediron.com
    Http://forums.fortifiedIron.com

ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000)
    Actually Jesus somewhere says something like "Do not worry about your body or the clothes you wear".. So if you're a Christian and body building or your appearance just consumes your life than I would say it's not of God, but if you do it for recreation and discipline than I say it makes you stronger, in body and in mind.

Sangster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sangster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ^^ I think thats more talking about if you are poor, or cannot afford clothes, or have something like acne, don't worry about it.

BennyDHS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennyDHS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennyDHS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennyDHS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennyDHS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennyDHS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennyDHS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennyDHS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennyDHS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennyDHS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BennyDHS has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by John Promise
    Think about the end of the world when our bodies are supposed to join our souls in heaven. Would you rather spend eternity in a fit, muscular body, or a fat, obese, disgusting body?

That's what I thought.
    well there is a middle ground..but i do agree...your body is gods gift to you..what you do with it is your gift to god
    Benny
    the kid from columbo

stats
    sqaut 295x1
    bench 195x1
    deadlift 355x1
    handclean 220x1

"the good lord gave you a body that can withstand almost anything, it's your mind you have to convince"-vince lombardi

"up the shut ****"-yoda

Originally posted by Sangster
    ^^ I think thats more talking about if you are poor, or cannot afford clothes, or have something like acne, don't worry about it.
    I think you're wrong. The meaning lies with vanity and pride.

Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's"
    Corinthians 6:19-20

Paul tells us to glorify God in our body, as well as our spirit.

AtomAnt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by John Promise
    Would you rather spend eternity in a fit, muscular body, or a fat, obese, disgusting body?

That's what I thought.
    I somewhat find this phrase hilarious

Ihateeveryone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't bring religion into bodybuilding, please....

Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Ihateeveryone
    Don't bring religion into bodybuilding, please....
    Sinner!
    Poofy Nesbit is my bitch

Originally posted by Y2J
    Sinner!
    I didn't say I wasn't
    I wouldn't mind committing a few sins with Ms Imogen Bailey

Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Y2J is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I didn't say I wasn't
    I wouldn't mind committing a few sins with Ms Imogen Bailey
    Oh hell yeah!
    You owe me some major props for finding those pictures, *******.
    Poofy Nesbit is my bitch

Originally posted by Y2J
    Oh hell yeah!
    You owe me some major props for finding those pictures, *******.
    Here ya go:

Props to Y2J!!

Thats all ya gettin' outta me, arsehole!

Arse?! You yobbo.
    Poofy Nesbit is my bitch

Originally posted by Y2J
    Arse?! You yobbo.
    Yobbo?! You, erm....arse

Skippy.
    Poofy Nesbit is my bitch

Originally posted by Y2J
    Skippy.
    Redneck

well, talk about thread hijacking.
    but bodybuilding isn't the most healthy sport to take if you want to be healthy. i'm sure all bodybuilders choose it to transform thier physical look and enjoy what they see in the mirror (most of the time). but all of this comes down to vanity.
    bodybuilding is a sport of vanity and vanity is a sin, so what does that truly make bodybuilding to religious people? (like me).

LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    BUMP for more input

I would like to hear from mntbikedude and other bro's on this subject.
    WOW, STRONG TEA - MY BRUV FITNESSMAN

One of the most educational threads thats ever been posted. Thankyou DF1, madcow, Dom etc for increasing my knowledge on training tenfold. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=591896

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Re: Re: Re: is bodybuilding a sin?

but we all know deep inside every bodybuilder, there is an urge of vanity. even pro's how do it to for physical perfection (so they say) end up on the stage wearing a thong and loving the reception they get (who wouldn't).
    fact is, must if not all people have the feeling of vanity (especially bodybuilbers).

p.s: i know this is off-topic in my own thread, but what bts said (homosexuality) reminded me of something, and the last flex mag (the one with priest in front), one of the last pages, where ronnie is posing and everone is taking a pic, there is some guy on the left that smiles and watches his dick.
    Again, it all boils down to the motivation for it. If your motivation is to glorify your creator by b.b., then your motivation is right, as long as it doesn't consume everything else.

well, talk about thread hijacking.
    but bodybuilding isn't the most healthy sport to take if you want to be healthy. i'm sure all bodybuilders choose it to transform thier physical look and enjoy what they see in the mirror (most of the time). but all of this comes down to vanity.
    bodybuilding is a sport of vanity and vanity is a sin, so what does that truly make bodybuilding to religious people? (like me).
    I dunno. I mean, many bodybuilders follow a decent diet (high protein, moderate carbs, low saturated fats and moderate natural fats) but I guess it really comes down to being unhealthy if you are artificially modifying your bodily functions, ie changing test levels using synthetic test, oral steroids affecting liver functions, not using enough water and killing your kidneys due to excess protein levels ala Tom Prince etc. Sure, you have to monitor your health properly but if you do so I don't think it can be unhealthy.

Redneck
    Shut up! Ohh you've won this round, but watch your back.
    Poofy Nesbit is my bitch