beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10)

500 lb squat 600 lb deadlift

I lurked this forum for a while. Now im gonna post a log in it >: )

I am a bench bro. It is unacceptable. I have had trouble lifting consistently for more than a couple months at a time during the 5 or so years I have been training due to various assorted dumb things.

Best lifts in the last couple weeks
    Squat-345x9(bad)
    Bench-315x6
    Deadlift-435x5(very bad)

There is an APF meet I want to do in December. Hopefully I can go 475/375/550+ as a 181. I weigh 188 lbs atm so I need to lose a little bit of weight. Long term goal is the fecking title of the thread dude. Hopefully accomplish that by graduation in May of next year. I train instinctuallly because I am a goddamned animal. This usually means doing sets of 3 or 5 with whatever weight feels good. Its quite complicated and I don't expect you to understand.

Yesterday
    Upper Back/Legs

3 sets wide grip chinups to failure
    3 sets neutral grip chinups to failure
    Low Row Machine

Squats
    225x5
    315x3
    345x9
    295x2x5(Beltless)

beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I worked out a couple of times this week, but I didn't log them. I got a 405 lockout off about 2 board height the other day. I tweaked my back wednesday, so I didn't deadlift on friday. I'm dropping flat bench out of my rotation for about a month and just doing lockouts, incline, and military press on chest day because I have weak shoulders/triceps.

Today

Backsquat
    315x3
    385x4
    315x2x5
    325x5

NG chinups
    3xto failure

Low Row
    3x8

Lat Pulldown
    3x8

good morning
    155x3x8

Some sickening curls x about a billion

eugh

Yesterday

Squat
    275x2x6
    315x13(i will get x20 soon hopefully)

I had a confrontation. A confrontation at the gym. Some five foot nothing 140 lb asian guy with gelled hair and a cutoff shirt started screaming at me for taking an empty bar. His body was red and pulsating like a video game boss from sega genesis. I called him a ***got and just walked off. He put the bar to good use.rowing 135 lbs literally heaving his body up and down to generate the momentum necessary to move the bar. /story

Bench

185x5
    235x5
    275x2x3
    305x6x3

Squat
    275x2x4
    325x5
    345x5
    365x5
    385x2
    335x3

Chinups
    3x8

BB Row
    205x3x8

Rear delts
    3x8

Notes:
    I wasn't really doing well with unstructured training or switching out flat bench for incline. I am going to do sheiko CMS MS for a month and see where that gets me. I don't really like the way deadlifts are in the program, so I'm going to take a nifty surovekskey spreadsheet and switch the deadlift days. I will do the heavy deadlift day on the "wednesday" of sheiko and the light deadlift day on the "saturday". I'm also going to switch out one of the bench days and dedicate it to doing lockouts. /autism

The squat portion of todays was ad libbed because I usually lift in the early morning(like 5am), but I got up late today because I feel like **** lately. I cannot justify taking up the one squat rack at my gym for an hour doing 17 sets of squats if other people are waiting.

I'm going to start using that auto diet generator swole.me or whatever and hopefully I will weigh 178 at the end of the month. My macro spilts are terrible, so this will help.

bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100) bigkarl is not very well liked. (-100)
    if srs, that bench press is crazy strong

I guess i should post at least one video so people know im legit. Bodybuilding.coms spam machine won't let me post a link so youtube.com/watch?v=N96n1-vdd08

Workout

Bench
    190x6
    225x5
    265x4
    285x2x3
    305x2x2
    285x2x3
    265x4
    245x6
    225x8

Deadlift(No chalk...still super easy)
    345x5x5

Bent Row
    135x3x8

Chest Supported Row
    3x8xsomething

I always thought the thing most strength coaches say about having a ratio of upper back to bench days
    roughly equivalent to 1 was stupid, but I'm going to try to do a few upper back exercises in the horizontal plane on bench day and see how it works out. Bench is going down not up. Bodyweight is 186.

Squat

Sets that matter
    315x3x5
    375x2x2
    355x3x2

Sets that don't matter

alotxsomething

Strolled into the gym today to be greeted by a bigass board that says my school will be holding a PL meet on the first of next month. I'm going to do my first/second attempts there, since it coincides almost perfectly with the end of the sheiko cycle. If I cannot win the 181 lb class at this backyard university meet, I'm just going to quit PL. With my luck there will be some 5'3 181 lb(cut down from 220) guy with 22 inch arms and 5% bodyfat screaming "100% Natural hard work thats it" interspersed with bible verses and he will outtotal me by like 500 lbs. Planning for 445/340/525 or something.

Lifts are down because I haven't been eating well. I'm doing the bench/upper accessory part of the workout this evening. Been feeling pretty horrific/not sleeping well/extremely stressed. Going to the gym feels like a random walk lately....

Speaking of which like 5 minutes ago walking across campus today I passed a guy who appeared to be in his mid 30's. He was wearing business attire and looked like a professor. As I passed him I smelled something strange. It took a second for my brain to register what it was....I realized he absoutely reeked of weed. I cannot stop laughing.

I've did a workout but didn't log it and am working around semi-injury now.

Front Squat
    165x5
    185x4
    225x8x3

Good Morning from safeties
    185x5x5

My right bicep is ****ed. Was unable to bench today, maybe I can bench wednesday. Back Squatting heavy 2x a week just isn't going to happen for me I'm afraid. Getting rid of one of the back squat days to do front squats and good mornings. In an ideal world I would have a SSB or cambered bar to work with.

Bodweight 186

Deadlift
    315x3
    405x5(no chalk...need to buy some)
    425x2x1
    +straps

355x2x5

Rows
    155x3x8

Chest Supported Rows
    3x8

Back to doing what I feel like, because of the bicep issue. 405x5 without chalk probably means I can pull 500+ with chalk cause my grip was always a limiting factor. Gonna Keep squats out of the rotation until at least next week and start doing about 1.5 hours of fasted incline walking on my off days to drop some chub and ensure I make weight.

Bench Lockouts
    315x5
    335x3x5

Flat
    285x3x5

Deadlift
    315x5
    365x5
    385x5
    415x5
    455x3
    I got my chalk in the mail so I didn't use straps. This workout pleases me greatly. I'm going to the gym to do accessory **** later in the day.

Bodyweight is 185 my bicep is still ****ed. I never got around to doing that incline walking thing. Still deciding whether I want to do that meet at my uni or just focus on training for december. I am thinking of doing the school meet, holding back and not trying very hard...which will probably result in me doing the school meet not holding back and trying very hard.

No cussing on bodybuilding.com

Today was a ****e

BB Bench
    275x3x5

DB Bench
    100x12
    110x2x5

I haven't done dumbbell bench in probably about 2 years. I realized today the reason is that its a stupid exercise.

DB Shoulder press
    3x8 Some randomly chosen weight

I wanted to do deadlift 425x5x5 today for some reason but that didn't happen. Minimum amount of days rest between deadlifting is ~4 days for me I imagine. Making a mental note of that.

Deadlift
    315x5
    425x3
    385x5
    365x5

Front Squat
    185x5
    205x5 on my last rep I ripped a huge concussive exertion fart while squatting in the rack placed in front of the stretching area which is populated almost entirely with hot women stretching. This would have bothered me in the past but I didn't care. I think its because I have reached self actualization.
    185x3x5
    Last edited by beardofstars; 10-25-2011 at 01:24 PM.

First day of highbar squatting...my biceps felt so goooooooood. It is yet to be determined if this is a result of the new form or the bitch weights that I was using. The bar position hurt a good bit, so I didn't go very heavy at all.

Squat
    275x3x5
    295x2

Flat bench
    275x5 (Just didn't feel that great so switched to DB)

DB Bench
    105x8
    115x6
    100x2x8

Bench continues to stagnate/regress. I bought a slingshot. Should get here this week. Hopefully it will do good things.

DB Shoulder Press
    Assorted light weights for 4 sets of 8

Swiss Bar Close Grip
    I have no idea how much the bar weighs. I did some sets with 45's on each side and some sets with 25 on each side.

Feels nice to be in the gym again and squatting

Originally Posted by beardofstars View Post
    Feels nice to be in the gym again and squatting
    The day after I posted this, my knees began aching tremendously. Highbar lowbar...I can't catch a break. I'm going to focus on push/pull for a while. I feel like a bitch, but what can you do? Save up for a rackable cambered bar and only use a straight bar for competitions/competition prep >: D

RDL
    135x8
    225x8
    315x2x8
    275x6

Bent Row(fried lower back limiting factor here)
    155x3x8

Hammer Strength Lat Pulldown
    3x8

Chins
    1 set to failure(6 lol)

I'm going to try to go to the gym every weekday even if its just for a short workout like this one.

Slingshot BP
    325x3x5

BB Military
    135x5x5

Close Grip index finger on smooth paused floor press
    205x5x5

Rear Delts with 25 lb plates
    3xF

Weighed 186 @ 9pm

Estimated 95% CI for my actual fatness
    (179, 184)

Squat
    255x9
    275x9
    295x9

I figured out a grip that allows me to squat lowbar with no bicep issues. Index finger, middle finger and the thumb over the bar and the rest of tucked under. Going to go full on retard with squats for a while. I was tired and felt bad this morning so I just did some light squats and left.

I plan on doing upper body later today, but I probably won't log it.

I've been working out sporadically since the last post. Just busy with a lot of school bs. lifts have gone down significantly. weighed in at a paltry 179 the other day.

Today

Bench
    275x7
    285x4x4

Rack Bench
    315x10x3

CG Rack Bench Elbows in
    225 to failure
    205 to failure

Chins
    3x8

Rows
    205x3x8

Rear Delts
    25 lb plates 3xf

bleh

Yesterday
    Bench
    295x2x4
    285x2x5

CG Paused Floor Press
    245x10x3

I am now using a 1 fingered grip on squat. I am doing base meso of smolov over winter break with 380 lbs as my max just to get back into squatting. My biceps don't hurt at all so far.... Using common sense and keeping the max the same throughout. Going in at 5 am and just squatting has been very calming and makes me feel better.

Day 2 Smolov
    285x5x7

Hip abductor/aductor (hips feel like **** man)

Bench
    270x9
    260x2x9

Paused CG floor press index finger on smooth
    225x10x3

Military Press
    135x2x8

BB Row
    185x3x8

fin

gym has been closed and that interrupted my squatting. getting back to that tomorrow morning. anyway, i was able to do an upper workout today. going to bring the bench in my parents basement back to my apartment with ~300 lbs worth of weight to make it the centerpiece of my living room...perfect for entertaining. benches at the university gym are f u c k i n g garbage and i hate them. i'm kind of afraid of having a pec tear guillotine i've fallen and i can't get up type incident.

Bench
    280x4x7

Chin
    3x8

Row 225x3x8

Relt Delt
    3xf

ps i weight 186

Squat

305x7x5

Little bit of hip pain. New ipod nano is nice for lifting. Shooting for a 430 squat when this thing is done. I will try to get it on video.

Squat
    325x8x3(skipped 2 sets because I felt horrible from not getting adequate sleep)

DB Row
    85x3x8 lol

Chins 3x8

Bench
    305x4x4
    290x3x4

(trying for 7 sets of 4 across and was a little bit too ambitious with the weight I choose)

Bench
    285x3x8

long workout that really tested my fortitude, but i persevered

Squat
    3x7x315 (taking it easy)

Rows
    A bunch of sets with 205

Chins
    3x8

DB Row
    95x3x9

Having terrible issues with hips and in other aspects of life so I stopped working out for a while. I am going to try and bench 300x8 tomorrow. Will probably put a video up.

ok

Started HRT today. My total testosterone was 300. Motivation was ****. Mood was ****. Everything was ****. Kept getting hurt and my training was going nowhere. Dosing is 150mg test cyp every 10 days via butt injection by some young nurse chick > I know talking about 'roids is expressly prohibited , so that is all I am going to say.
    Last edited by beardofstars; 02-03-2012 at 03:38 PM.