Thread: Check my squats

SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500)

Check my squats

the form was breaking down a bit. Any feedback is welcomed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axbjb3sfGG0

veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    August 2023:
    BW: 194
    B: 315 x 3, 225 x 14 (PR: 335)
    S: 315 x 2, 225 x 18 (PR's)
    DL: 405 x 1 (PR); Trap Bar DL: 405 x 1
    OHP: 185 x 3 (PR), 135 x 16
    Chins: 22(PR) Pushups: 83 (PR: 101)
    1 Mile: 6:45 (PR: 5:52)

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by veggie530 View Post
    From what I can see your low bar squatting right? If that's the case you should be breaking at the hips. In your case you're breaking at the knees as if you're high bar squatting. That walk out needs to be reduced drastically. All those steps is just wasted energy with heavy weight on your back.

Look at your feet. You shift the pressure to the front of your feet and you can see this with your feet moving forward.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by liketobodybuild View Post
    You need to arch your back more, also meaning u have to sit back more.
    Ur knees should not be going forward and tracking your toes like it does, it should remain as far behind as possible. As such shins should be perpendicular to the ground too during a low bar squat; yours is not.
    Please stop with bad advice. The toes passing the knee thing is well over played and is outdated. Look at Olympic squatters/High bar squatters. Look at their knees and where they go.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, form looked fine to me. Just activate your glutes more next time.

Ur knees should not be going forward and tracking your toes like it does, it should remain as far behind as possible. As such shins should be perpendicular to the ground too during a low bar squat; yours is not.
    STFU.

Registered User liketobodybuild's Avatar
    liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Anthony21 View Post
    Please stop with bad advice. The toes passing the knee thing is well over played and is outdated. Look at Olympic squatters/High bar squatters. Look at their knees and where they go.
    Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post

STFU.
    OP was not doing olympic style high bar squats.
    He was doing low bar squats. Come on.

liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liketobodybuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500) SexualLobster is not very helpful. (-500)

STFU.
    thanks brother, I appreciate the advise

Originally Posted by Anthony21 View Post
    From what I can see your low bar squatting right? If that's the case you should be breaking at the hips. In your case you're breaking at the knees as if you're high bar squatting. That walk out needs to be reduced drastically. All those steps is just wasted energy with heavy weight on your back.

Look at your feet. You shift the pressure to the front of your feet and you can see this with your feet moving forward.
    Yeah i realized i need to push off my heels, next time I squat I'll practice sitting back more, hopefully that helps

Stronger every day onelifenoregret's Avatar
    onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SexualLobster View Post
    Yeah i realized i need to push off my heels, next time I squat I'll practice sitting back more, hopefully that helps

First off why are you red?

Secondly, you need to change your avatar to a picture of you, forum rules. Otherwise you'll get infractions and can be banned.
    5/3/1 Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153251271&pagenumber=

Stronger every day onelifenoregret's Avatar
    onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SexualLobster View Post
    i could care less
    I think you mean couldn't care less. And suit yourself, was trying to be helpful
    5/3/1 Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153251271&pagenumber=

Originally Posted by onelifenoregret View Post
    I think you mean couldn't care less. And suit yourself, was trying to be helpful
    na i appreciate it, I just think I'm done with the bb forums. So whatever happens, happens.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Lightbulb

OP was not doing olympic style high bar squats.
    He was doing low bar squats. Come on.
    Here's your post: Ur knees should not be going forward and tracking your toes like it does, it should remain as far behind as possible. As such shins should be perpendicular to the ground too during a low bar squat

Anthony21 already told you why the first sentence was gibberish. The second sentence very conveniently defies the laws of Physics. You simply cannot get your shins perpendicular to the floor (the bar has to stay over the middle of your feet at all times). That's only possible if you were to perform a 'box squat' (if done correctly, your shins would be at obtuse angles). Search Youtube for Dave Tate's box squat video.

tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Slow it down and work on keeping your back straight: spread the chest, flex your abs, and arch the lower back.
    How to eliminate lower back rounding (aka "butt-wink") in the squat, a definitive guide:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153644231

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    1. Your weight is ending up on the front of your feet, it should always be on the back of your feet throughout the entire lift (nothing wrong with having some weight midfoot, but none on the front and most on the back).

2. It doesn't look like you're going down to just-below-parallel.

3. You are getting very noticeable butt-wink at the bottom.

Originally Posted by PaulRivers View Post
    1. Your weight is ending up on the front of your feet, it should always be on the back of your feet throughout the entire lift (nothing wrong with having some weight midfoot, but none on the front and most on the back).

2. It doesn't look like you're going down to just-below-parallel.

3. You are getting very noticeable butt-wink at the bottom.
    Yeah i agree, thanks man next squat session will be much different

NewbyGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewbyGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewbyGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewbyGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewbyGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewbyGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewbyGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewbyGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewbyGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewbyGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NewbyGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    use a translator french > english espace-musculation.com/squat.html
    http://www.espace-musculation.com/

Here's your post: Ur knees should not be going forward and tracking your toes like it does, it should remain as far behind as possible. As such shins should be perpendicular to the ground too during a low bar squat

Anthony21 already told you why the first sentence was gibberish. The second sentence very conveniently defies the laws of Physics. You simply cannot get your shins perpendicular to the floor (the bar has to stay over the middle of your feet at all times). That's only possible if you were to perform a 'box squat' (if done correctly, your shins would be at obtuse angles). Search Youtube for Dave Tate's box squat video.
    Aren't the knees not supposed to go forward in a low bar squat? Anthony21 said high bar olympic squatters have their knees forward but thats high bar, not low bar.

doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Aren't the knees not supposed to go forward in a low bar squat? Anthony21 said high bar olympic squatters have their knees forward but thats high bar, not low bar.
    Knees can and often will go forward slightly on any squat.