Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by phozosado View Post
    Curls are a peripheral exercise.
    Your opinion is peripheral.
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by devanb3 View Post
    ok i have been working out for about 1 year now steady and i keep doing curls and different lifts and what not... my problem isn't that im not getting stronger it just doesn't show...i have over doubled my curl weight in the past year started at 25 each or 50 on an E-z bar now at about 50-55 and 115 but my arms look no bigger unless im working out am i doing something wrong or should i be working out in some other way???
    You're mixing strength gains with mass gains? Depending on you, of course everyones different, but let's say in general most people will find working to overload in hypertrophy produces gains faster than the strength repitition range (theres a reason why its called hypertrophy, which if you don't know, means muscle growth). Just thought i'd tell you that even though it's slightly off topic but is useful to know.

Secondly, you're increasing the weight, which is good, but are you sacrificing form and allowing synergists and momentum to get involved to the point the agonist muscle is working less and less? If so, drop the weight, do the movements slow and controlled. and when i mean slow i mean do it for a count, i.e. 4 seconds up, 4 seconds down on the curl. Additionally, don't rely on isolation exercises too much, good compound movements like heavy rows and chin-ups will produce fantastic results.

Also many people don't eat enough, i'm sure you've been told this. Complex carbs, fats and protein are vital! figure out your calorie maintenance level (largely through trial and error) and eat over it, not to much of course, don't want unnecessary fat gain. Once you have that down, you're half way there!
    *** Pull Up Crew ***
    *Official Lettuce Relish In Likes crew*
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆
    <¬ Extreme Callisthenics ¬>

Muay Thai, K1-rules Kickboxing

Personal Trainer. YMCA-fit cert. (CYQ)

TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Post your arm routine

buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100) buildhealth is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Imp64 View Post
    In the future instead of walking try getting around using both arms and legs.
    Use your legs to push foward and keep the weight on your arms.
    Keep doing this and your arms and shoulders will get huge, it will also toughen your hands.
    Is this supposed to work? I think the guy will grow tired after a while assuming that he has to go the convenient store as well as attending to other chores

xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My arms are probably my weakest body part - biceps especially. I think isolation exercises are very much needed. I've been only doing EZ curls but now I'll be incorporating incline DB curls, hammer curls, and chinups instead of EZ curls; 3 sets of each. What do you guys think?

As for triceps, I'll be doing skullcrushers and dips (as usual), but I'll also be incorporating some CGBP and a french press to end the routine.
    "Get up, and don't ever give up".

KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by phozosado View Post
    Yeah, you're doing something wrong: curls.
    haha.. 'fine' advice..

he didnt say curls were the only type of exercise in his current program..
    then you tell him 'curls' are 'WRONG' ?!

curling exercises are a big part of building up ones arms.. the OP obviously has other issues to address.

umerakhan5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umerakhan5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umerakhan5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umerakhan5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umerakhan5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umerakhan5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umerakhan5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umerakhan5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umerakhan5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umerakhan5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) umerakhan5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I might not be an expert but my trainer tells me thatbif you follow a routine your muscle get used to that routine and only grow very little or hardly at all, he says that mixing up a routine challenges your muscle from a new aspect and hits the muscles with a new angle, mixing up the diet might also help.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by umerakhan5 View Post
    I might not be an expert but my trainer tells me thatbif you follow a routine your muscle get used to that routine and only grow very little or hardly at all, he says that mixing up a routine challenges your muscle from a new aspect and hits the muscles with a new angle, mixing up the diet might also help.
    Hellz yeah, bro! Shocking the muscles FTW! Also add in some squatz for big armz!

xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Hellz yeah, bro! Shocking the muscles FTW! Also add in some squatz for big armz!

I've always thought that was a mental thing. You 'think' it makes a difference, and it makes a different. A placebo of sorts.
    "Get up, and don't ever give up".

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by umerakhan5 View Post
    Perhaps not a whole routine but varied exercises for sure, however this isnt even an option yet.. OP can grow his biceps up to 15'' at least from just barbell curls now, his 6' 150 ish or something, which means no amount of 'varied' exercises or routine changing can help. Only food can now
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raubahn is just really nice. (+1000) Raubahn is just really nice. (+1000) Raubahn is just really nice. (+1000) Raubahn is just really nice. (+1000) Raubahn is just really nice. (+1000) Raubahn is just really nice. (+1000) Raubahn is just really nice. (+1000) Raubahn is just really nice. (+1000) Raubahn is just really nice. (+1000) Raubahn is just really nice. (+1000) Raubahn is just really nice. (+1000)
    ok i have been working out for about 1 year now steady and i keep doing curls and different lifts and what not... my problem isn't that im not getting stronger it just doesn't show...i have over doubled my curl weight in the past year started at 25 each or 50 on an E-z bar now at about 50-55 and 115 but my arms look no bigger unless im working out am i doing something wrong or should i be working out in some other way???
    I had the same issue until quite recently. I tuned into the Dorian Yates Webinar & asked him for advice as I'd tried pretty much every variation of training - Slow reps, High rep's, low rep's heavy weight e.t.c. He said that my front delt's were taking most of the load and that perhaps I should try fatigue my biceps first. He suggested using the cable curl machine for 3 set's of 15 rep's & really get squeeze the bicep at the top. Then move onto heavier lift's - 4 month's on and I've added just over 2 inches.

I also followed Layne Norton's arm routine - http://www.muscle-munch.com/lock-loa...e-growth.html/ at the start of last year & this worked really well.
    Muscle-Munch.com | Get motivated!

Discount Supplement Tracker - http://www.muscle-munch.com/category/discount-supplements/bodybuilding-com-coupons

devanb3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok first off when i started i weighed about 145 now i way between 155 and 160 6'3 inches tall

my workout

Day 1 Sets Reps

Single arm dumbell snatch 3 start with 10 then 8 then 5 increasing weight
    Rear lateral raise 3 10
    Lateral raise 3 10
    Barbell Curl 3 6-10
    Ez Curl (switch every other week) 3 8-10
    Preacher (^) 3 8-10
    Wrist Curl 2 As many as possible
    Dips 3 As many as possible

Day 2
    Barbell squat 5 8-10
    Deadlift 3 3
    Dumbbell lunge 2 20
    Calf Raises 3 20 (switching foot possition)
    leg press (if at a gym 3 8-10

Day 3
    Bench press 3 10-3 i do sets of 10 and increase the weight to do 8 no problem then i max out and do 3 or 4
    Incline Press 3 10-5 i do sets of 10 and increase the weight to do 8 no problem then i max out and do 4 to 5
    Decline press 3 10-5 i do sets of 10 and increase the weight to do 8 no problem then i max out and do 4 to 5
    Push Up 3 25
    Pull up 3 15
    Kneeling dumbell row 5 12-6 same as press i start high rep low weight decrease reps increase weight
    shrug 3 15

Days1 and 3 i do abs and off days i do cardio if time presents

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok well, your only doing 2 tricep exercises and it should be double that at least bro.

--Routine looks alright as i looked at it quickly

Add some rows more son!! Where are the heavy t bar rows< barbell rows
    Heres whats going to happen: Add in Heavy CGBP, Skullz, and pushdowns and divide them into the routine, with the first 2 hit 3-5 sets and 6-8 reps nice and heavy, keep high rep push ups and pushdowns IMO.

190cm and 73kg is the sole reason here why arms arent growing, most ectomorphs the chest measurements will go up nicely first in a bulk and then shoulders, legs and finally arms. You gonna want to be at LEAST even with your height and weight in CM to see some nice changes, so 190cm and 90kg its gonna be
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looking at your height weight ratio this is probably more of a gap in nutrition than training. Your arms can't grow if your body has nothing to build with. JMO

Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post

Add some rows more son!! Where are the heavy t bar rows< barbell rows
    Heres whats going to happen: Add in Heavy CGBP, Skullz, and pushdowns and divide them into the routine, with the first 2 hit 3-5 sets and 6-8 reps nice and heavy, keep high rep push ups and pushdowns IMO.
    my biggest problem is i dont have a gym membership i just have alot of equipment so if you know how to build a t bar to do rows with that would be amazing other wise i really dont think ill be spending that much money on it

i try to eat i eat and eat and eat i try to eat healthy but i have never been able to put on that much weight...

y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    diet, and rest.
    Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA)

**Dallas Cowboys**
    **Sacramento Kings**
    **San Jose Sharks**

DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyChad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    my biggest problem is i dont have a gym membership i just have alot of equipment so if you know how to build a t bar to do rows with that would be amazing other wise i really dont think ill be spending that much money on it

i try to eat i eat and eat and eat i try to eat healthy but i have never been able to put on that much weight...
    Log your calories for a while then see if you are hitting your nutritional requirements. If not that is probably where the problem is. You have to figure out where the problem is before you can fix it. I would also try to add in something more for the triceps if you just want to increase overall arm size.

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    im not trying to get bigger
    Probably why your arms aren't getting bigger.
    My Journal (RIP 05/11 - 09/13):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134256491

DIY Plyo Boxes:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151765733

Originally Posted by PeterGibbons316 View Post
    Probably why your arms aren't getting bigger.
    reread the post you pulled this from it says i dont want my back and legs any bigger i want my chest and arms bigger but my legs and back are good strong and show but my arms and chest do not

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ...my legs and back are good strong and show...
    Okay. How much do you squat, row and deadlift?

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ok first off when i started i weighed about 145 now i way between 155 and 160 6'3 inches tall

my workout

Day 1 Sets Reps

Single arm dumbell snatch 3 start with 10 then 8 then 5 increasing weight
    Rear lateral raise 3 10
    Lateral raise 3 10
    Barbell Curl 3 6-10
    Ez Curl (switch every other week) 3 8-10
    Preacher (^) 3 8-10
    Wrist Curl 2 As many as possible
    Dips 3 As many as possible

Day 2
    Barbell squat 5 8-10
    Deadlift 3 3
    Dumbbell lunge 2 20
    Calf Raises 3 20 (switching foot possition)
    leg press (if at a gym 3 8-10

Day 3
    Bench press 3 10-3 i do sets of 10 and increase the weight to do 8 no problem then i max out and do 3 or 4
    Incline Press 3 10-5 i do sets of 10 and increase the weight to do 8 no problem then i max out and do 4 to 5
    Decline press 3 10-5 i do sets of 10 and increase the weight to do 8 no problem then i max out and do 4 to 5
    Push Up 3 25
    Pull up 3 15
    Kneeling dumbell row 5 12-6 same as press i start high rep low weight decrease reps increase weight
    shrug 3 15

Days1 and 3 i do abs and off days i do cardio if time presents
    -----

Is this routine every other day or three in a row? Sorry, gotta ask; one never knows. I don't like a couple of things about it.

1. Why do you need a d'bell snatch? It's a risky move and since you're training shoulders that day, overhead presses with a barbell or dumbbell are better. Not enough sets for triceps. You have three sets for them, six for your bis, and a couple of sets of wrist curls. Add in close-grip benches or lying d'bell extensions.

2. Day two looks okay, but I'd add in something direct for your hamstrings if you can. Stiff-loeg deads would serve that, assuming you don't have access to a leg curl machine.

3. Day three you have nine sets for chest and six for back. Shrugs are--well--they can be used but you should think about adding in barbell rows. After all, the back is a bigger area than the chest.

I'd also keep gradually progressing on all the weights if you can. If you haven't increased the basic exercises--squat, deadlifts, rows, benches, presses--then you're just spinning your wheels. Even if it's only a couple of pounds a week, over time it will add up, so keep pushing. Same deal with food. Eat more--gradually bump up the calories. If 2500 a day doesn't work, then go to 3000 or 3500 or more--but increase them gradually.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1