Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

You thoughts on women going topless in public

I heard this court case discussed on a local radio station today, and I'm curious to hear what the R/P thinks about it. http://www.northjersey.com/news/crim...in_public.html

My views are somewhat mixed on this one. I generally think it should be legal (indubitably legal on beaches, parks, and a person's private property), but I'm not sure how it would work out walking down city streets. I'd generally OK it as long as the intent wasn't to harass, arouse, or titillate, but I could see how it could be disruptive. I can definitely see how it could cause a traffic hazard. I imagine there would be MANY fender benders if a girl with a fantastic pair was walking topless down the street.
    *Type O Negative Crew*
    Give Blood: http://www.redcrossblood.org/

Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000) Greco-Roman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Did not read link.

Why would a woman want to do it? I would think either extremely attractive ones would want to show off, which would just be distracting, and get so much unwarranted attention, or disgusting one's that don't care, or think they're extremely ones would do it, and no one wants to see that.

Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This happened in Canada bro about a decade ago. I remember being in high school walking through the mall and there would be a table of old ladies asking to sign their petition to let women go topless like men (on beaches or wherever I forget which).

Today, NO ONE is topless in Canada. NO women are topless on Canadian beaches. The social stigma is far stronger than women's dedication to following a law. Those old women asking for petitions were simply feminists looking for equal rights. They got what they fought for, but it made no difference.

GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrokTheCube is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Greco-Roman View Post
    Did not read link.

Why would a woman want to do it? I would think either extremely attractive ones would want to show off, which would just be distracting, and get so much unwarranted attention, or disgusting one's that don't care, or think they're extremely ones would do it, and no one wants to see that.
    IDK, I take my shirt off when I go to the beach because it's more physically comfortable, and so I can get an even tan. I suppose it'd be the same way for women. For whatever reason, female breasts tend to be more objectified than male bodies (even though a shapely and muscular body is an erotic asset on a man), so I think that thought probably would enter into the mind of many women. Then again, it enters into the mind of men too. Everyone has seen the fat guy in a t-shirt.

Originally Posted by Tamorlane View Post
    This happened in Canada bro about a decade ago. I remember being in high school walking through the mall and there would be a table of old ladies asking to sign their petition to let women go topless like men (on beaches or wherever I forget which).

Today, NO ONE is topless in Canada. NO women are topless on Canadian beaches. The social stigma is far stronger than women's dedication to following a law. Those old women asking for petitions were simply feminists looking for equal rights. They got what they fought for, but it made no difference.
    I agree that social views have a much greater impact. I've been to some beaches in Europe where it seems like a huge percentage of the women are topless, and no one seems to think anything of it.
    *Type O Negative Crew*

Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000) Birdy69 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can cause accidents, yes.

But I also think women showing skin significantly increases quality of life.

frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I seriously don't understand why people give a f*ck about it.

As far as I am concerned if someone wants to go topless or bottomless in public good luck to them. I really don't care. I don't find the human form repulsive an any but the most extreme cases and someone walking down the street with her baps out is a lot less titillating than you might think (lived in Spain for a while, was common on the beaches).

I am not a naturist but I see no problem with going naked anywhere. I don't think kids need to be coddled in this subject either, hiding the more perverse aspects of sexuality sure but having genitalia out in public is not in itself a sexual act.

TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by GrokTheCube View Post
    I heard this court case discussed on a local radio station today, and I'm curious to hear what the R/P thinks about it. http://www.northjersey.com/news/crim...in_public.html

My views are somewhat mixed on this one. I generally think it should be legal (indubitably legal on beaches, parks, and a person's private property), but I'm not sure how it would work out walking down city streets. I'd generally OK it as long as the intent wasn't to harass, arouse, or titillate, but I could see how it could be disruptive. I can definitely see how it could cause a traffic hazard. I imagine there would be MANY fender benders if a girl with a fantastic pair was walking topless down the street.
    If men can do it women should be able to. Breasts aren't sex organs except from a cultural standpoint and it's stupid that women have to walk around in steaming clothes when men don't have to.

With that being said, it would take time for me to adjust due to cultural conditioning. For instance, I think it's dumb that women have to shave their legs and underarms, but I'm happy they do. It's a weird disconnect in my brain.
    Last edited by TheAdlerian; 09-14-2011 at 07:06 PM.

RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GrokTheCube View Post

I have no problem with it. USA culture has this weird sensational obsession with breasts; it's not uncommon at all for women to go around topless on a Dutch beach/in parts of Africa etc. This court case is essentially asking people to grow up and get over it. Men and women both have breast tissue, so move on.

Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boffothe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The "it can cause accidents because people will look at it" argument is freaking retarded, it's not illegal to ride a unicycle in a penguin suit and that could cause accidents too

anonymous
    Is there any logical reason for censoring?

inb4 bro science of "it causes accidents" without empirical evidence

Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000)
    It should only be legal if they are at 15% bodyfat or less and pass an ugly test as judged by men

Men should be held to a similar standard, judged by women.

Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Boffothe View Post
    The "it can cause accidents because people will look at it" argument is freaking retarded, it's not illegal to ride a unicycle in a penguin suit and that could cause accidents too
    Actually, you could be charged with creating a public disturbance, or impeding traffic, etc. So, it's not quite the 'freaking retarded' argument you think it is.

ITT virgin miscers think this change in law will let them see real boobies up close.

Originally Posted by farquezy View Post
    Is there any logical reason for censoring?

inb4 bro science of "it causes accidents" without empirical evidence
    I was half joking there brah. The only negative would be disruption caused by gawkers, I was trying to put it in a more humorous way.

I don't think anyone would go into court and argue "Your honor, those magnificent titties could cause the prevalence of minor fender benders to increase by 17.895% according to this study."
    *Type O Negative Crew*

Originally Posted by Rdez View Post
    Actually, you could be charged with creating a public disturbance, or impeding traffic, etc. So, it's not quite the 'freaking retarded' argument you think it is.

ITT virgin miscers think this change in law will let them see real boobies up close.
    I actually think it would primarily be virgin miscers that would be thrown off by naked boobs.
    *Type O Negative Crew*

Originally Posted by PhenoTerminate View Post
    It already is legal in most places, simply socially unusual.

More power to any woman that wants to exercise her rights, any size, any shape, any color... we all own this world, it's shared. No one has the right to tell you what to eat, how to dress, what to speak, think...
    Where is this utopia of freedom that you speak of? I want to move there.

Everyone think about this for a moment, do we really want people like Rosie O'Donnel going around topless?

Have you seen the rallies for toplessness? It's all freakin troll women with hairy armpits.

vonDubenshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vonDubenshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vonDubenshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vonDubenshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vonDubenshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vonDubenshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vonDubenshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vonDubenshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vonDubenshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vonDubenshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vonDubenshire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't like it for the simple fact that most people are fat ugly slobs. Is it really worth it for that one hot chick? I'll throw principle out the window to avoid seeing all the fatties.

AOSpades will become famous soon enough. (+50) AOSpades will become famous soon enough. (+50) AOSpades will become famous soon enough. (+50) AOSpades will become famous soon enough. (+50) AOSpades will become famous soon enough. (+50) AOSpades will become famous soon enough. (+50) AOSpades will become famous soon enough. (+50) AOSpades will become famous soon enough. (+50) AOSpades will become famous soon enough. (+50) AOSpades will become famous soon enough. (+50) AOSpades will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I want to see girls walking around topless just as bad as anyone else. But realistically this could be one of the worst ideas I've ever heard petitioned for.

Inb4 rape rates SKYROCKET
    I Rep Back ANY

R.I.P. Zyzz

anonymous
    Why cant our laws be based on logic?

I hate society.

LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Greco-Roman View Post
    Does it matter why? If you think it shouldn't be legal because the only resons you can think of are showing off or not caring, I guess clothing should be regulated and we should all hve uniforms to wear. Same with cars.

Why do men sometimes go shirtless?

Originally Posted by farquezy View Post
    Why cant our laws be based on logic?

I hate society.
    Logically speaking, women going topless would create a public disturbance to the detriment of society, if done in most places.

I can understand it at a beach or pool. But not out in public in general.

LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AOSpades View Post
    I want to see girls walking around topless just as bad as anyone else. But realistically this could be one of the worst ideas I've ever heard petitioned for.

So you want to have laws forcing women to wear clothing to prevent men from raping them? I think we're big adults and can make choices for ourselves. Are you going to petition for laws mandating certain lengths for skirts and shorts? Limiting cleavage? Wearing a mask if attractive to prevent rape?

Originally Posted by vonDubenshire View Post
    I don't like it for the simple fact that most people are fat ugly slobs. Is it really worth it for that one hot chick? I'll throw principle out the window to avoid seeing all the fatties.
    Since when was this about you being turned on? Again, are we going to make other laws telling people how they can look and what they can wear based on how hot it makes them? In that case, I say we make a law stating that no man with beer belly can wear a tight shirt. If he does, he should pay a fine.

It actually is dumb, because people need to get over it and control themselves. What about a hot woman in clothing? Is that wrong, too, if she's hot enough? How do you draw the line? Sometimes I see mostly naked men running while I'm driving. Should they get tickets? Or should I watch where the f*ck I'm driving and let them run?

It's not a big deal other places, and shouldn't be here. I don't see why we should restrict things like this simply because some grown men are too immature to cope with human body parts.

Everyone think about this for a moment, do we really want people like Rosie O'Donnel going around topless?

Have you seen the rallies for toplessness? It's all freakin troll women with hairy armpits.
    I don't want to see it, but I don't want to see 350lb fat dudes topless at the beach either. That doesn't really have an impact on whether or not it should be legal.

Originally Posted by AOSpades View Post

That's the same argument they use over in the middle east for dressing women up in ninja costumes.

I've never seen any data to suggest that in nations where public nudity is more accepted, sexual assault rates are higher. IIRC, sex crime rates are significantly lower in many such nations.
    *Type O Negative Crew*

lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000)
    brb curtailing women's freedoms to "prevent rape"

frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000) frasersteen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Logically speaking, women going topless would create a public disturbance to the detriment of society, if done in most places.

So did public homosexuality and that's now mostly accepted.

I really don't see the issue. It's just a warped social context with no real reasoning behind it.

Originally Posted by frasersteen View Post
    So did public homosexuality and that's now mostly accepted.

I really don't see the issue. It's just a warped social context with no real reasoning behind it.
    Public homosexuality is widely accepted? How do you know this?

No reasoning behind it? There's reasoning - you just disagree with the reasoning.

Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is about how it would go for me.

It's not a case by any means, but I'm already bad enough around short shorts.
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee

anonymous

The only reason this argument has any merit is because of illogical laws and disgusting social views which have warped out notions of the human body.
    If society wasnt so ****ing retarded, being naked would not create a public disturbance

ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000) ijjy is just really nice. (+1000)
    how would that be acceptable...How awkward would it be walking with ur mother, grandma, sister and seeing that...

Not to forget about the increase in rapes
    ΦΔΘ

u mirin bruh?

i rep back