TaunTaun has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is TKD okay during induction phase?

Hello,

This is my first time committing to a keto diet for a cut, although I was dabbling in a lower carb (around 100g/day) before this. I started a couple days ago, and I was wondering, since I should avoid carb refeeds for the first few weeks of a CKD, can I do a TKD up until then and not lengthen the effects of the induction period? I'd still like to have some energy for heavy squats, bench, deadlifts, etc, but I don't want to wait til my first carb up to have a good heavy workout (although I will if that's the smartest long term choice). And if a TKD is cool til I can refeed, how much pre/post, what kind, you know...

Thanks
    Male, 145lbs, 19 years old.

chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TaunTaun View Post
    Hello,

This is my first time committing to a keto diet for a cut, although I was dabbling in a lower carb (around 100g/day) before this. I started a couple days ago, and I was wondering, since I should avoid carb refeeds for the first few weeks of a CKD, can I do a TKD up until then and not lengthen the effects of the induction period? I'd still like to have some energy for heavy squats, bench, deadlifts, etc, but I don't want to wait til my first carb up to have a good heavy workout (although I will if that's the smartest long term choice). And if a TKD is cool til I can refeed, how much pre/post, what kind, you know...

Thanks
    Male, 145lbs, 19 years old.
    I'd say it's best to go carb-less for the first 2 weeks. You shouldnt notice a significant loss of strength (if at all) in the first little little while.

Don't use keto as an excuse not to lift heavy.

I'm 5 days into keto now, and this morning i did a PR deadlift. On my 2 day in, i did a PR squat.

When i did keto last year i found my strength slowly disappearing over the period of a few months. It didn't disappear instantly.

So try and last the 2 weeks first, give yourself the best chance to succeed instead of modifying the diet before you've started.

lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tauntaun View Post
    hello,

this is my first time committing to a keto diet for a cut, although i was dabbling in a lower carb (around 100g/day) before this. I started a couple days ago, and i was wondering, since i should avoid carb refeeds for the first few weeks of a ckd, can i do a tkd up until then and not lengthen the effects of the induction period? I'd still like to have some energy for heavy squats, bench, deadlifts, etc, but i don't want to wait til my first carb up to have a good heavy workout (although i will if that's the smartest long term choice). And if a tkd is cool til i can refeed, how much pre/post, what kind, you know...

Thanks
    male, 145lbs, 19 years old.
    do you understand that induction is? No you do not because you ask if you should do mini carb ups during induction

i mean ****ing seriously? are you serious?

Should you ingest 40g of carbs before a workout while you are trying to train your body NOT to live off carbs.

Is that what you are asking?
    Now i see why so many people here are so annoyed sometimes.
    The Ultimate Resource on Dieting and Intermittent Fasting
    http://www.blastthebelly.com

Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lvsteven View Post
    do you understand that induction is? No you do not because you ask if you should do mini carb ups during induction

i mean ****ing seriously? are you serious?

Should you ingest 40g of carbs before a workout while you are trying to train your body NOT to live off carbs.

Is that what you are asking?
    Now i see why so many people here are so annoyed sometimes.
    http://josepharcita.blogspot.com/201...osis.html#33NN maybe he read it there it says you could start it at day 1.

Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Personally, I would say for the first two weeks, you want to go as low carb s possible. If you bust your butt the first day or two, you can burn up all the carbs in your system - which puts you in ketosis faster.After your body gets used to being in Ketosis, you can enter the state with relative ease, it is just a matter of really getting there and staying there awhile.

And Chrisau is right on the money, just because you are changing diets is no reason to not go at your bodybuilding full force! In fact, now is the time to really go at it - because between this diet and lifting, you are going to see some dramatic results. Don't worry about not getting enough carbs - you will when you finally do a carb up.

The thing you have to keep in mind that you aren't "eliminating carbs from your diet", you are simply controlling when you have them via the carb up.

TT
    Tiny Tim

"In other words your body can't make fat without crabs." - Athletichunta