jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How to Effectively cut without losing muscle mass

Any thoughts or ideas. I've thought of doing EC stack but unsure (health reasons). What do?

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    - Lift heavy on a professionally designed program (ton of em the workout section)
    - Get adequate protein (min of 1g/lb of lean body mass)
    - Use a moderate calorie deficit (500 calories/day or 1lb/week
    - Plenty of rest

Don't sweat it past those things because its up to genetics after that.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpream has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    thanks man. But what about cardio can I do just before or just after a workout or do i have to split into 2-a-days

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jpream View Post
    thanks man. But what about cardio can I do just before or just after a workout or do i have to split into 2-a-days
    Most do it after lifting except on leg day. Its really personal preference.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jpream View Post
    If not losing muscle is one of your main concerns I wouldn't even bother messing with the cardio. Just get your diet perfect, lift heavy and sleep a lot like someone mentioned in a earlier post. If you gotta do cardio do intervals or keep it extremely short and never in a fasted state.

Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Keep your diet rich in proteins, essential fats, and a small amount of complex carbs. Also make sure to keep your meals evenly based throughout the day.. that puts ur body's metabolism in its prime... Lift hard and you can mix in some cardio, as others have said just limit how much you actually run-to me 10min on elliptical on a higher level is sufficient. Be also sure to drink plenty of water too because that will help your overall appearance due to a decreased water weight. When push comes to shove, it just comes down to you being in a slight caloric deficit while still meeting your body's nutritional needs.

Everyday I'm Muscling eternalprimate's Avatar
    eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Tbillionaire View Post
    Keep your diet rich in proteins, essential fats, and a small amount of complex carbs. Also make sure to keep your meals evenly based throughout the day.. that puts ur body's metabolism in its prime... Lift hard and you can mix in some cardio, as others have said just limit how much you actually run-to me 10min on elliptical on a higher level is sufficient. Be also sure to drink plenty of water too because that will help your overall appearance due to a decreased water weight. When push comes to shove, it just comes down to you being in a slight caloric deficit while still meeting your body's nutritional needs.
    I agree with all but the bold. Tons of people have had a lot of success using a Warrior or IF diet. Meal timing is irrelevant. Hit your macros, eat at a deficit, and lift hard.
    IIFYM/IF Crew.
    R.I.P. Zyzz - Son of Zeus, Brother of Hercules, Father of Aesthetics

Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by eternalprimate View Post
    I agree with all but the bold. Tons of people have had a lot of success using a Warrior or IF diet. Meal timing is irrelevant. Hit your macros, eat at a deficit, and lift hard.
    True, just giving my advice what has worked best for me.

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Muscle is extremely hard to lose, eat less, run more, lift heavy.

roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Electricheadd View Post
    - Lift heavy on a professionally designed program (ton of em the workout section)
    - Plenty of rest

What this guy said.
    -80 kgs in 15 months.
    -100 kgs goal (75kgs bodyweight)

Abs on a skinny guy is like a fatgirl with big tits, it doesn't count.

RossBeef87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RossBeef87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RossBeef87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RossBeef87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RossBeef87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RossBeef87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RossBeef87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RossBeef87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RossBeef87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RossBeef87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RossBeef87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    alot of these comments are irrelevant.

eat meat, chicken, steak, fish pork, the more the merrier. 300 calories worth of meat is not going to be the same as 300 calories worth of coca-cola. whatever extra protein you eat that your body doesnt necessarily need your body will get rid of. although eating less calories will help anyone lose weight its dumb.

1 pound of muscle is 600 calories, 1 pound of fat is 3500 calories. which one do you think your body is going to burn first? both.

one pound of muscle will burn 50 calories a day while sedentary. that being said the way to effectively be lean, have a six pack, see every veins, get this heres the kicker BUILD MORE MUSCLE! TONS OF IT! the rock eats a whole box of cereal with a gallon of milk in the morning. the only reason why that guy would be counting calories is if he is worried he isnt eating enough. his muscle mass NEEDS a **** ton of calories in order to not be burned for fuel.

you dont have 3 inch thick pecs like these other builders. chances are if you have excess fat on top of your muscles its because you eat crap, relying on protein powder for protein and eating pizza with soda and your muscles arent big enough to consume the excess calories stored in your body.

in real life there is no cutting/bulking phase. theres lifting and eating correctly.

I love paleo but only 75% of it. I eat carbs for energy but I dont consume anything that can be stored on a shelf for years at a time. if you eat garbage youll look and feel like garbage. if you eat good clean natural foods youll look and feel good.

NO REFINED SUGAR! NO WHITE BREAD! NOTHING THAT DOESNT MAKE ANIMAL NOISES OR GROW OUT OF THE GROUND OR IS DERIVED FROM THAT SPECTRUM! AND NO MC DONALDS PROCESSED FAST FOOD DEEP FRIED COLA GARBAGE!

cutting is a joke unless if youre some massive dude who can spare a few pounds of muscle to look ripped for a comp. you on the other hand only have a few pounds of muscle.

eat right. if you dont have the dedication to commit to a legit diet then youll never be where you want to be. you want a quick fix to being ripped and muscle? there isnt one. youre talking months or years of hard work.

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RossBeef87 View Post
    one pound of muscle will burn 50 calories a day while sedentary. that being said the way to effectively be lean, have a six pack, see every veins, get this heres the kicker BUILD MORE MUSCLE! TONS OF IT! the rock eats a whole box of cereal with a gallon of milk in the morning. the only reason why that guy would be counting calories is if he is worried he isnt eating enough. his muscle mass NEEDS a **** ton of calories in order to not be burned for fuel.
    Seriously?

Bumped an old thread as an excuse to spout some old BS.

Simple real world logic pretty much destroys the 50 kcals/lb of muscle thing.

Edit:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/res...ch-review.html

Six calories per pound at rest.
    Last edited by csb5731; 12-18-2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Add link

Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buttjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

eat meat, chicken, steak, fish pork, the more the merrier. 300 calories worth of meat is not going to be the same as 300 calories worth of coca-cola. whatever extra protein you eat that your body doesnt necessarily need your body will get rid of. although eating less calories will help anyone lose weight its dumb.

1 pound of muscle is 600 calories, 1 pound of fat is 3500 calories. which one do you think your body is going to burn first? both.

you dont have 3 inch thick pecs like these other builders. chances are if you have excess fat on top of your muscles its because you eat crap, relying on protein powder for protein and eating pizza with soda and your muscles arent big enough to consume the excess calories stored in your body.

in real life there is no cutting/bulking phase. theres lifting and eating correctly.

I love paleo but only 75% of it. I eat carbs for energy but I dont consume anything that can be stored on a shelf for years at a time. if you eat garbage youll look and feel like garbage. if you eat good clean natural foods youll look and feel good.

NO REFINED SUGAR! NO WHITE BREAD! NOTHING THAT DOESNT MAKE ANIMAL NOISES OR GROW OUT OF THE GROUND OR IS DERIVED FROM THAT SPECTRUM! AND NO MC DONALDS PROCESSED FAST FOOD DEEP FRIED COLA GARBAGE!

cutting is a joke unless if youre some massive dude who can spare a few pounds of muscle to look ripped for a comp. you on the other hand only have a few pounds of muscle.

eat right. if you dont have the dedication to commit to a legit diet then youll never be where you want to be. you want a quick fix to being ripped and muscle? there isnt one. youre talking months or years of hard work.
    Tempted to neg
    I'm comin out of Compton with a loose cannon

ambuletz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Without intending to hijack the thread too much, how would you go about measuring your fat loss progress if you are just lifting weights? Assuming you're gaining some muscle mass because of the weights wouldn't the scales look like you're not losing much weight? Swapping the fat for muscle.
    As far as I'm aware the only way to gauge it would be to look in a mirror every month (maybe take pictures to measure progress).

I'm sure for a person JUST doing cardio they would be looking at the scales and noticing another 2lbs down that week.

DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000) DatLurker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Try Lean Gains, I've been doing it for 2 months and haven't lost any strength
    --------2016----------
    Starting Weight: 217lbs
    Current Weight: 139.5lbs
    Total lost since May 6th: 78lbs
    Goal Weight: 140lbs
    --------2017----------
    Starting Weight: 139.5lbs
    Goal BF% 12
    Lean bulk - March - December 2017

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Electricheadd View Post
    - Plenty of rest

This. I'd like to add extra emphasis on genetics and experience. The higher your LBM is above your 'untrained' state, the more of it you're going to lose in a deficit.

Only one supplement works, and it is illegal. So forget your EC stack.

deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) deebee83 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Negged when I stopped laughing.

Also, old thread alert

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Eat high protein; lift heavy at least 3x/week. Keep in a deficit to lose fat.
    www.grazethesky.com

gurunutrition is not very well liked. (-100) gurunutrition is not very well liked. (-100) gurunutrition is not very well liked. (-100) gurunutrition is not very well liked. (-100) gurunutrition is not very well liked. (-100) gurunutrition is not very well liked. (-100) gurunutrition is not very well liked. (-100) gurunutrition is not very well liked. (-100) gurunutrition is not very well liked. (-100) gurunutrition is not very well liked. (-100) gurunutrition is not very well liked. (-100)
    for me too

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

The only thing better then this well written post is the fact you brought up a thread from over a year old to do it. I know you are trying to help but man a lot of what you are saying is just nonsense.
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.