Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Torrent vs Dark Matter vs Recon (reps)

Hi All,

Looking to try out a post workout supplement, after doing some research I've found the top 3 are:

Musclepharm Recon - Carbs / Aminos - $38.99 for 30 servings
    MHP Dark Matter - Carbs / Protein / Aminos - $34.99 for 2.6lbs (20 servings)
    Universal Torrent - Carbs / Protein / Aminos / Creatine - Can't ship to Australia - $33.38 for 3.28lbs (15 servings)

Anybody have any experience with the 3 above?

Which one is the best value for money?

Anybody try one of these and had experience with another product?

digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) digler84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've used dark matter, good stuff. Currently using aftershock by myogenix...check the profile...good stuff too. Another good one without creatine is after mass by pro source. Love all 3 of these.

c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Xyruul View Post
    Hi All,

Looking to try out a post workout supplement, after doing some research I've found the top 3 are:

Musclepharm Recon - Carbs / Aminos - $38.99 for 30 servings
    MHP Dark Matter - Carbs / Protein / Aminos - $34.99 for 2.6lbs (20 servings)
    Universal Torrent - Carbs / Protein / Aminos / Creatine - Can't ship to Australia - $33.38 for 3.28lbs (15 servings)

Anybody have any experience with the 3 above?

Which one is the best value for money?

Anybody try one of these and had experience with another product?
    Originally Posted by digler84 View Post
    I've used dark matter, good stuff. Currently using aftershock by myogenix...check the profile...good stuff too. Another good one without creatine is after mass by pro source. Love all 3 of these.

Recon From MP seems very expensive for the money, and even if it were cheap I wouldn't buy it because they conceal to many ingredients with their proprietary blend. I also hear it tastes bad

DarkMatter look at the serving size it is listed as 60.7 grams, it has 48 grams of carbs, and 12 grams of protein. and the 48+12 is the proprietary blend, so that is just ridiculously expensive even if the protein blend is all aminos

Torrent is real good 50 carbs, 20 protein, and 8 grams lucine with 3 grams creatine --> Torrent is great for post workout

aftershock by myoglenix is good I have used this one personally 35 grams protein, 7 grams of aminos, 30 grams carbs, some creatine and glutamine too-----> this is good too

hope I could help
    R.I.P. Zyzz. -The Son of Zeus, Brother of Hercules, Father of Aesthetics, and My Inspiration.

degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by c1o1o1l View Post
    Recon From MP seems very expensive for the money, and even if it were cheap I wouldn't buy it because they conceal to many ingredients with their proprietary blend. I also hear it tastes bad

DarkMatter look at the serving size it is listed as 60.7 grams, it has 48 grams of carbs, and 12 grams of protein. and the 48+12 is the proprietary blend, so that is just ridiculously expensive even if the protein blend is all aminos

Torrent is real good 50 carbs, 20 protein, and 8 grams lucine with 3 grams creatine --> Torrent is great for post workout

aftershock by myoglenix is good I have used this one personally 35 grams protein, 7 grams of aminos, 30 grams carbs, some creatine and glutamine too-----> this is good too

hope I could help
    MP lists all the ingredients of the blends. Recon is better used during workouts with the bcaa then use MP combat post

Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You could always just eat a meal afterwards...in order to defend that stance I'd have to post more studies than I have time to look up right now. But (never start a sentence with "but") honestly, if you're bringing in enough total calories and your supplements are filling any gaps that you can't provide through your diet alone AND you don't have a second practice/workout during the same day that you need to be prepared for, post-workouts supplements are marginal at best in helping you recover from your workouts. They do have their place, and although I wouldn't likely use the ones listed above, they should be reserved for more extreme circumstances and otherwise out-of-the-norm conditions such as:

1. Multiple practices per day
    2. No possible way get your hands on any food
    3. Only liquid nutrition is viable for the accentuating circumstances
    4. You used to be obsessed with supplements like me and had to buy every products from the company in order to feel like you were on a "complete stack" (Hence why I have experience with both Recon and Dark Matter) which by the way, are 0 for 2 in the taste category (Fruit Punch Recon and Blue whatever Dark Matter). That being said, taste shouldn't matter when looking for supplements, and there aren't many excpetions to that rule.

Hope this helps.
    With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. - Matthew 19:26

c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50) c1o1o1l will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by degibson84 View Post
    MP lists all the ingredients of the blends. Recon is better used during workouts with the bcaa then use MP combat post
    the amounts of ingredients are not listed
    R.I.P. Zyzz. -The Son of Zeus, Brother of Hercules, Father of Aesthetics, and My Inspiration.

Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thinking of getting Aftershock now, looks very good.

Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anavation05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by c1o1o1l View Post
    the amounts of ingredients are not listed
    ^This^ All we know is that 50% of the ingredients are carbs. 20g Carbs in a 40,000mg serving. Also, the label I have says 8.8g BCAA & EAA's. The rest is proprietary.
    With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. - Matthew 19:26