In the last 2 weeks i've experienced a huge loss of strength in my right arm, some exercises far more noticeable than others.
Short background which is most likely related:
About two months ago i pulled my neck 3 weeks in a row doing shoulder presses. Most likely due to looking up at the weights which i've corrected.
Took about a week to recover each time and i could feel the soreness/pain go down my neck and down around my shoulder blade.
Ever since then, the right side of my neck and trap have felt a bit weird/painful, especially when i look up. No pain during exercises, however at times i would feel a dull, almost kind of burning soreness around my right shoulder/trap when my shoulder was resting/neutral.
When i started noticing loss of strength in right arm
About 3 weeks ago i started to notice a slight loss of strength doing side raises, that week i didnt notice much else.
About 2 weeks ago i got sick, took a week off, came back when i was abot 90% and lost heaps of strength doing upperbody work, figured it was coz i hadn't fully recovered
About 1 week ago did another session of upperbody, huge loss of strength still, completely frustrated/bummed/angry because i have no idea why.
Excercises where i noticed the biggest loss of strength on the right arm:
- bent over rows: i could see my right trap was lagging hard and made my form look lopsided coz i guess i was compensating.
- pull ups/chin racks/cable rows/rows/prettymuch any pulling movement: again, could feel and see that my right arm was dying out straight away
- shoulder press: this exercise felt weird coz i couldnt even get up super light weight on my right arm, balancing felt awkward, kind of the way you feel when you're pumped up almost at failure
- preacher curl: did arms individually, right arm (im right handed btw) couldn't even lift half of the left, again balancing/form felt really awkward
I was initially thinking it was my bicep because it feels like i can't tense it as hard as usual but its probably not the case.
After today (back n shoulders), im thinking its more my shoulder. specifically the middle and posterior deltoid as my flat bench and incline hasn't suffered as much as the other excercises.
I'm planning to see a physio because this is seriously bumming me out
But has anyone experienced anything similar?
- huge loss of strength in right arm
- over the course of 3 weeks
- most noticable in pulling excercises
- no pain at all (atm, see how i pull up tomorrow) other than dull trap and shoulder sensation few weeks ago from prior neck pulling
hope i get some responses!