Registered User ichoosenottorun's Avatar
    ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cardio after lifting?

I lift heavy for about an hour, and do cardio immediately after for a half hour followed by a meal a half hour after that, making the meal 1 hour after the end of my lifting session.

Realistically, and roughly speaking, how much will this hinder my gains with respect to not doing the cardio at all, or doing the cardio on my off days?

Thank you
    owe reps to : read_me

nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000)
    Won't hinder if you eat for calories burned during the cardio session.

It is said that cardio speeds up recovery, so you can benefit from it on off days with the same "eating for burning" concept in mind.

ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10) ichoosenottorun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've heard that it's a misconception that you can't lose fat while putting on muscle, something to do with your muscles resorting to your fat reserves if there is a calorie deficit.

nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ichoosenottorun View Post
    I've heard that it's a misconception that you can't lose fat while putting on muscle, something to do with your muscles resorting to your fat reserves if there is a calorie deficit.
    You can't loose fat in a surplus and you can't gain muscle in a deficit except rare cases of obesity/totally untrained people.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...ass-gains.html
    You might wanna read this.

Perhaps not at the same time, but can't the body go through cycles of gain/loss (muscle and fat respectively) within a week? Like, right after lifting, doing cardio for 30 minutes and not eating for another 30, there has to be some fat loss there? (maybe other instances as well, just an example)

It's hard to believe that the human system can be so linear

Originally Posted by ichoosenottorun View Post
    Perhaps not at the same time, but can't the body go through cycles of gain/loss (muscle and fat respectively) within a week? Like, right after lifting, doing cardio for 30 minutes and not eating for another 30, there has to be some fat loss there? (maybe other instances as well, just an example)

It's hard to believe that the human system can be so linear
    Your body actually does both processes simultaneously, but the caloric intake determines which will prevail (may be it's not how it is, but i guess it's close)

You can try recomping, which is eating +20%/-20% calories on the WO/OFF days, so in time your body composition changes for the better (burn fat/build muscle) but it's a VERY slow process, takes like twice the time if you would have perceived one goal at a time.

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    it wont hinder your gains do it when ever is easiest imo not before hand

if your in a surplus of calories gaining 200-500 grams a week

but if your doing it because you wont to loose fat while building muscle it wont happen unless your a newbie or on cell tech bruh ..... but if your doing it to eat more ect keep the cvd system in check all G
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

Primarily doing it to balance the system... feels much better ending workout with cardio than with the strenuous lifts...

Wouldn't mind losing some BF as well, around 10% right now... I'll just continue with what I'm doing until I get to the weight I want and run my way down to 8% when the time comes.

Thanks

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If your losing, then tone down the cardio.

If your gaining then keep everything the same.