Seymer82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what are my chances of playing d1 football?

My main position is linebacker. i weigh 170 lbs and i am 5 ft 10 inches tall. i run 4.63 in the 40 yard dash and i workt he hardest in the weight room. my max bench is 225 but im trying to get that up. my max clean is 185 my max squat is 350. I want to play for the university of washington as a walk on or something. i go to a 2b school which right now we are 2-0. i avg 7-10 tackles a game and so im pretty good at my position. im tyring to get my gpa this year to atleast a 3.0. what are my chances of playing for the huskies? il do whatever it takes. also i have a lot of room for improvement. i am still getting taller so i might end up to be 6ft maybe 6 1 or 6 2, and with the right training i could get my weight up to 215, 220 lbs easy maybe even more.
    You will not win because I will not lose.

GottaHavePride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaHavePride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaHavePride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaHavePride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaHavePride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaHavePride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaHavePride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaHavePride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaHavePride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaHavePride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaHavePride has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    With your height and speed right now...not likely. If you get faster, but don't grow then you have a chance at a different position. If you grow to about 6'1 to 6'2 then you could play LB at the D1 level. You will have to impress the scouts and get some amazing stats to even be noticed. Go to camps.

Mehall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mehall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's a sport. Coaches aren't gonna worry about your bench press or forty time. If your good at football, they will find you. If not, they won't. The numbers you put up aren't gonna matter nearly as much as that. 40 times, bench press, etc. never are nearly as big of a deal until the NFL combine. Best of luck.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What does your coach say about your chances of playing college ball?

bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdains is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Here is some ideas for you. I am 5'8 175 (going for 180) and I am looking to play DB or WR in a D2 school. I run a 4.45 and my max on bench is 255 (I rep 225) My squat is 360 (I rep 280-300) depending on the day. Now since I am giving you advice, you might look into a position change OR start eating like there is no tomorrow, gain 30-40 LBS and work out strength like no other, it is possible to get alot stronger in that amount of time (half a year or so). What you have to focus on for college IS: Lowest 40 time possible, ability to be a play maker, you have to be able to play with the big boys, but most of all, speed speed speed and acceleration acceleration acceleration. Since we are both small guys we have to make up for Strength in Speed which can be done, look at Chris Johnson, fast and he doesn't need a ton of strength. You will need strength being a linebacker, but if I were you, I would switch positions.

brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Seymer82 View Post
    My main position is linebacker. i weigh 170 lbs and i am 5 ft 10 inches tall. i run 4.63 in the 40 yard dash and i workt he hardest in the weight room. my max bench is 225 but im trying to get that up. my max clean is 185 my max squat is 350. I want to play for the university of washington as a walk on or something. i go to a 2b school which right now we are 2-0. i avg 7-10 tackles a game and so im pretty good at my position. im tyring to get my gpa this year to atleast a 3.0. what are my chances of playing for the huskies? il do whatever it takes. also i have a lot of room for improvement. i am still getting taller so i might end up to be 6ft maybe 6 1 or 6 2, and with the right training i could get my weight up to 215, 220 lbs easy maybe even more.
    Huskies 2011 LB Recruits Name Ht/Wt/40

Waller 6-2.5/210/4.60
    Lyons 6-2/190
    Lawyer 6-2/200/4.80
    Tutogi 6-1/235/4.55

Bottom line you are going to need to get bigger, keep in mind that those Heights and weights are their measurements during senior year in HS.