redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000)

Can you play for your college's football team after you graduate?

Before you read this question isn't so much training related as it is sports/ncaa rules and regulations related

I'm a sophomore now. Tore my acl over summer and have lost a ton of weight and am pretty out of shape so I won't be ready to try out for my school team this next spring meaning the only year I would be able to try out for would be my senior year.

I was wondering if I still have those 4 years of eligibility? So if i play for the team senior year, then maybe enroll in graduate program (or get a job) could I still play on the team for another 3 years?

Cam
    Dallas Cowboys -

Mavericks-

carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Is the NCAA web sight down again ? I would say that would be the place to start not here. No matter what is said here they are the final athourity and can grant wavers under certion condituons.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are burning eligibility right now. Some players that graduate early are allowed to continue playing if they enroll ingraduate school (see Boise State starting TE for an example). But you are a sophmore and are out of shape, quit kidding yourself about playing college ball and move on with your life (like the fact that you will be joining the workforce where no one cares you were atraining squad body)

redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000) redfield11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    But you are a sophmore and are out of shape, quit kidding yourself about playing college ball and move on with your life
    its not really keeping me from moving on, not like i'm planning on f***king going to the nfl junior year and not having a job after college. There is really no reason for me to "move on" because there is nothing to move on from. So why not try and do something I love if it wouldn't hurt anything? Don't be such a negative nancy
    Dallas Cowboys -

Mavericks-

brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NCAA FAQ
    Graduate Student Eligibility
    A student-athlete who is enrolled in a graduate or professional school of the college or university which he or she previously attended as an undergraduate student may participate in intercollegiate athletics, provided he or she has eligibility remaining and is within five calendar years of initial full-time collegiate enrollment for Division I and within the first 10 full-time semesters of collegiate enrollment for Divisions II and III.
    If you stay at your school and enroll in grad school you are eligible provided
    #1 You have played less than 4 years of NCAA sports
    #2 It has been less than 5 years since the first day you enrolled in college.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by redfield11 View Post
    its not really keeping me from moving on, not like i'm planning on f***king going to the nfl junior year and not having a job after college. There is really no reason for me to "move on" because there is nothing to move on from. So why not try and do something I love if it wouldn't hurt anything? Don't be such a negative nancy
    If you really loved it you wouldnt be out of shape. Wake up and move on.

did you skip the part where I said I tore my acl? Kind of hard to stay in shape when you spend nearly a month in bed and spending the next 7+ months rehabbing leg after massive knee surgery....
    Last edited by redfield11; 09-14-2011 at 10:08 PM.
    Dallas Cowboys -

Mavericks-

Originally Posted by brownj12 View Post
    If you stay at your school and enroll in grad school you are eligible provided
    #1 You have played less than 4 years of NCAA sports
    #2 It has been less than 5 years since the first day you enrolled in college.
    so essentially like people have been saying, it's a 5 year clock that's already running
    Dallas Cowboys -

Mavericks-

paskicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paskicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paskicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paskicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paskicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paskicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paskicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paskicker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    IF you are at a Division I school, yes, the clock is ticking. I think that there are some exceptions for medical problems. (It is possible to get both a NORMAL freshman redshirt IN ADDITION to a medical redshirt, or two redshirt years, under certain circumstances.)

For DII and DIII, it doesn't matter. You could go for 9 semesters straight, then go back when you are 40 years old and still play one more semester.

What position do you play?

Originally Posted by paskicker View Post
    IF you are at a Division I school, yes, the clock is ticking. I think that there are some exceptions for medical problems. (It is possible to get both a NORMAL freshman redshirt IN ADDITION to a medical redshirt, or two redshirt years, under certain circumstances.)

For DII and DIII, it doesn't matter. You could go for 9 semesters straight, then go back when you are 40 years old and still play one more semester.

What position do you play?
    My school is D1-AA. What if I go to graduate school at a new school that has a D2 football team? Does the clock reset? (i keep forgetting there are plenty of great schools without d1 sports haha)

played mostly cornerback in high school and love the position (played safety a few times too), i've been using my entire time injured watching tape of first round draft picks like amukamara and peterson and learning new ways to be better. If for some reason i'm a bit less athletic then I think I am (which is of course a possibility but I think i have a good handle on the level of my abilities) I might do pretty good at safety

If for some reason I just can't make it then I'll probably be trying to join a semi pro league and go from there, but as it is why not go for gold
    Dallas Cowboys -

Mavericks-

josh57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) josh57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) josh57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) josh57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) josh57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yeah because some guys do four year degrees and play a full 5. As long as you dont use up your years you can play. ACL injuries suck I play hockey seen lots of guys get hurt in the knees. Rough one bro. Hope you at least get to try. Curious what school you go to are we talking D1 here? NCAA is a load of **** though too many regulations.
    Insightful and witty comment...

HGM1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HGM1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HGM1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HGM1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HGM1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HGM1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HGM1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HGM1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HGM1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HGM1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HGM1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ive read up on this quiet a bit because my college is adding a football program that begins play in 2013 and I would have loved to walk on as a grad student, but for D1 the clock starts as soon as you being your first semester. I began school in 2007, so 2013 would be 6 years. It could have been done had it been 5 because you get 5 years to complete 4 years of eligibility. So yea if you try to walk on your senior year you could have 2 years to play because of that 5th year. So other option that has been mentioned is D2. In D2 you get 10 semester of eligibility, but it doesn't have to be continuous, so you could go to a d2 grad school and play. D3 you can't play in grad school unless you went to that school for undergrad.

carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    redfeild11: GO TO THE NCAA WEB SIGHT...you have several issues going on that may get you a waiver from the NCAA to extend your eligability. Problem is your asking people who can't give you the proper info, only the NCAA officals can do that. Stop wasting time here and call them so you can get your pation started.

NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NHfootball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Forty years old and talking **** on an online bodybuilding forum, sounds like you've done alot with your life, and just cause you didn't do **** with your life doesn't mean no one else can. Redfield don't listen to this *******, if you want to, go for it no one can guarantee success tho, just work your ass off, and again it's not like you wanna play in the NFL, your goals don't seem that unrealistic.

Originally Posted by NHfootball View Post
    Forty years old and talking **** on an online bodybuilding forum, sounds like you've done alot with your life, and just cause you didn't do **** with your life doesn't mean no one else can. Redfield don't listen to this *******, if you want to, go for it no one can guarantee success tho, just work your ass off, and again it's not like you wanna play in the NFL, your goals don't seem that unrealistic.
    Actually what I am saying is that your now a ****ing adult, if you really wanted to play football you wouldnt have waited till your junior year in college to get serious about it, life is going to come kick you in the face unless you get serious about things and chasing stupid football fantasies. if that offends you prepare to get real offended the next 20-30 years.

restlium has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) restlium has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) restlium has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) restlium has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) restlium has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) restlium has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) restlium has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) restlium has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) restlium has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) restlium has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) restlium has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You may have a try.

jayt8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jayt8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jayt8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jayt8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jayt8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jayt8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jayt8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jayt8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jayt8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jayt8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jayt8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you always have those 4 years of eligibility. i played college baseball for 2 years. therefore i still have 2 years of college baseball eligibility left. if i ever enrolled in a college again, i would have 4 years of college football eligibility because ive never used any of it. your eligibility is specific to each sport and only goes away if its actually used

brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brownj12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jayt8 View Post
    you always have those 4 years of eligibility. i played college baseball for 2 years. therefore i still have 2 years of college baseball eligibility left. if i ever enrolled in a college again, i would have 4 years of college football eligibility because ive never used any of it. your eligibility is specific to each sport and only goes away if its actually used
    You have no idea what you are talking about.

You have to use that eligibility within a certain time period. If you went to a D1 school then after 5 years from the day you enroll you are no longer elligible, regardles of how many seasons you played. If you went to a D2 or 3 school then it is 10 semesters, either way if you played 2 years of college baseball then you definitely can't now play 4 years of college football.

Strength/Speed Coach Jhawk Fitness's Avatar
    Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by redfield11 View Post
    Before you read this question isn't so much training related as it is sports/ncaa rules and regulations related

I'm a sophomore now. Tore my acl over summer and have lost a ton of weight and am pretty out of shape so I won't be ready to try out for my school team this next spring meaning the only year I would be able to try out for would be my senior year.

I was wondering if I still have those 4 years of eligibility? So if i play for the team senior year, then maybe enroll in graduate program (or get a job) could I still play on the team for another 3 years?

Cam
    In short, no. Once you enroll as a fulltime student at any level your NCAA eligibility-clock starts counting down and only stops for military service, religious missions and/or documented medical issues such as cancer. Now, the NAIA has different rules and allows you to play 10 semesters as long as you are still working towards a degree, but you have to be enrolled as a fulltime student.
    Director of Sports Performance
    NSCA-RSCC & CSCS , NASM-CES
    Nike SPARQ Trainer

Vist www.TopSpeedTraining.com, also find us on social media:
    http://www.********.com/TopSpeedSportsPerformance
    Twitter & Instagram = @TopSpeedLLC