jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

IronAddicts SPBR Vs. Bill Starr 5x5 Vs. Lyle McDonald Generic Bulking Routine

IronAddicts SPBR Vs. Bill Starr 5x5 Vs. Lyle McDonald Generic Bulking Routine

Out of all these three, which would be most beneficial for someone looking to bodybuild, someone looking for mass/hypertrophy and size and not so wrapped up around strength.?

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lyle McDonald or IronAddict. Both have lots of compound movements and vary the volume and intensity of different exercises throughout the session, so I wouldn't feel comfortable making a clear cut claim for one over the other. Lyle's routine is pretty much focused on aesthetics and aesthetics alone. IronAddicts routine is a little from column A, a little from column B, so you should get both bigger and stronger on it. Bill Starr's 5x5 is intended to build strength first and foremost. Gaining weight is not the goal of the program, but you can bulk up on it.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

kiko808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kiko808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kiko808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kiko808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kiko808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kiko808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kiko808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kiko808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kiko808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kiko808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kiko808 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Depending on your lifts if there not really high I'd say build strength and follow Bill Star 5x5 and you will build muscle as long as your diet is in check

jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jon69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kiko808 View Post
    Depending on your lifts if there not really high I'd say build strength and follow Bill Star 5x5 and you will build muscle as long as your diet is in check
    thanks guys.. anyone else?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    You can build mass on any of them, providing you eat adequately to support the training, and rest enough to recover. More important than the actual routine is the effort you put into it.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Thanks.. but.. Theres so many schools of thought.. Some say you NEED a SOLID STRENGTH base before you should directly work for hypertrophy, others feel that no, if you want to get big, do a hyperetrophy based routine and let your lifts progress over time.

If they both would do all of the same more or less providing eating is right, then wouldnt it make more sense to do Bill Starrs or Iron Addicts SPBR because they are only 3 days a week in the gym, so less time in the gym, and more rest??

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by jon69 View Post
    Thanks.. but.. Theres so many schools of thought.. Some say you NEED a SOLID STRENGTH base before you should directly work for hypertrophy, others feel that no, if you want to get big, do a hyperetrophy based routine and let your lifts progress over time.
    You're right; there's information overload.

If they both would do all of the same more or less providing eating is right, then wouldnt it make more sense to do Bill Starrs or Iron Addicts SPBR because they are only 3 days a week in the gym, so less time in the gym, and more rest??
    Appropriate training volume/frequency for a particular individual are dependent on a multitude of factors; you can't just look at how many days you're training and make a judgement based on that one factor alone.

Don't overthink this. Any of the three you listed will work well, as long as you work consistently hard, eat consistently to your daily requirement, and rest as much as you're able. If you do these three things, you'll be way ahead of the curve, regardless of which of the three you choose.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

I don't mean to overthink, I just want to get the best results and not waste my time in the gym.

The reason I thought to go to the Upper/Lower Split is because once I hit 2x my bodyweight in Deadlifts for a few reps (300 lbs) and i weighed 145 lbs, and benched around240, and squatted around 260.. I didn't see much overall change in size.. Thats why I came to the conclusion that I don't think just strength based traiining is the best for size and you need to throw in some higher rep work and isolation work along with the compounds.. but idk

and if im going to get the same results from any, then i'd think to do 3 days cuz its less time in the gym

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    You're right; there's information overload.

Appropriate training volume/frequency for a particular individual are dependent on a multitude of factors; you can't just look at how many days you're training and make a judgement based on that one factor alone.

Don't overthink this. Any of the three you listed will work well, as long as you work consistently hard, eat consistently to your daily requirement, and rest as much as you're able. If you do these three things, you'll be way ahead of the curve, regardless of which of the three you choose.

bump

CompoundIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CompoundIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CompoundIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CompoundIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CompoundIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CompoundIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CompoundIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CompoundIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CompoundIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CompoundIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CompoundIron has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    im on week 3 of starr's right now. i can't speak for the other two since i havn't tried or researched either but its perfectly possible to gain strength and size on starr's just eat enough. I love it so far.
    "Nothing in life worth having comes easy"

KoolDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) KoolDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) KoolDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) KoolDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) KoolDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) KoolDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) KoolDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) KoolDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) KoolDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) KoolDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) KoolDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jon69 View Post
    I don't mean to overthink, I just want to get the best results and not waste my time in the gym.

The reason I thought to go to the Upper/Lower Split is because once I hit 2x my bodyweight in Deadlifts for a few reps (300 lbs) and i weighed 145 lbs, and benched around240, and squatted around 260.. I didn't see much overall change in size.. Thats why I came to the conclusion that I don't think just strength based traiining is the best for size and you need to throw in some higher rep work and isolation work along with the compounds.. but idk

and if im going to get the same results from any, then i'd think to do 3 days cuz its less time in the gym
    How much weight did you gain when you "didn't see much change." Because any of those routines will work fine provided you're eating enough.

monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) monkeyfrogO.O will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    got a link to them?
    check out my log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=605287503&posted=1#post605287503

will rep if you sub/post in it