- Leg/cardio day
- Watch friend squat 405lbsx5 easy ATG
- Friend finishes; I proceed to start my workout and squat how I've been taught.
- Apparently, I've been squatting the wrong way since day one..with toes slightly outboard ATG.
- Friend lectures me on the pros/cons of both ways and says he squats with his toes pointed straight.
- I give it a shot. 185lbsx12(light because I was trying something new.) Legs shoulder width apart, toes nearly straight and ATG.
- That little change in technique made the motion of the lift feel a lot smoother and natural...and tougher.
How do you squat?
I've always performed the squat based on what feels natural to me. But it seems like I've been doing them wrong.
BRB starting from scratch.