- Leg/cardio day
- Watch friend squat 405lbsx5 easy ATG
- Friend finishes; I proceed to start my workout and squat how I've been taught.
- Apparently, I've been squatting the wrong way since day one..with toes slightly outboard ATG.
- Friend lectures me on the pros/cons of both ways and says he squats with his toes pointed straight.
- I give it a shot. 185lbsx12(light because I was trying something new.) Legs shoulder width apart, toes nearly straight and ATG.
- That little change in technique made the motion of the lift feel a lot smoother and natural...and tougher.
How do you squat?
I've always performed the squat based on what feels natural to me. But it seems like I've been doing them wrong.
BRB starting from scratch.
09-09-2011, 04:44 AM #1
Squat form.. Toes slightly out or almost straight?
09-09-2011, 05:12 AM #2
09-09-2011, 05:14 AM #3
09-09-2011, 05:14 AM #4
Rippletits is pretty insistent on squatting with your toes pointed outward, ATG or otherwise.*Get nervous before going for a haircut crew*
*Girl sits next to me, I start sweating crew*
*Sacrifice to win crew*
*Bulked myself into diabetes crew*
*Over 20, live at home with parents crew*
*No future crew*
09-09-2011, 05:20 AM #5
09-09-2011, 05:33 AM #6
- Join Date: Jun 2010
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Age: 22
- Posts: 3,203
- Rep Power: 4602
i point them out abit, the reason why i do this is because, toes pointing forward is not a natural stance and if pointed out abit, it makes your knees follow your toes so your knees won't cave in.Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/k1Ngb1G
Journal - Kelei's Routine - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147480183
Lifts / Weight
Squat / 157.5kgx1
Bench / 105kgx1
Deadlift / 170kgx1
09-09-2011, 05:42 AM #7
09-09-2011, 05:54 AM #8
09-09-2011, 08:57 AM #9
09-09-2011, 08:58 AM #10
By ProTec in forum ExercisesReplies: 3Last Post: 10-18-2009, 10:17 AM
By Teench in forum Teen BodybuildingReplies: 22Last Post: 05-14-2009, 09:48 PM
By Skwidward in forum ExercisesReplies: 13Last Post: 02-07-2008, 04:12 PM
By Antiacus in forum ExercisesReplies: 10Last Post: 11-20-2006, 12:43 PM
By eagle in forum Over Age 35Replies: 17Last Post: 01-30-2004, 06:17 PM