EZ-Bar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZ-Bar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZ-Bar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZ-Bar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZ-Bar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZ-Bar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZ-Bar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZ-Bar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZ-Bar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZ-Bar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EZ-Bar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Power cleans - Hang Cleans

Yeh, I have been doing both of these exercises for about a year now, and just recently i noticed that I was hang cleaning what I was power cleaning much easier. I was wonder why this is? I am pretty sure I have good form, but maybe there is something i am missing. What do you guys think? I just feel like I explode easier when doing hang cleans and when I power clean that first pulling part slows it down and also it might be because I start the shrug..jump etc. part to soon when I power clean because there is a wide area and its all going really fast, where as hang cleans there is not as much room for that error I guess.

Any Ideas?

BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLT. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EZ-Bar View Post
    Yeh, I have been doing both of these exercises for about a year now, and just recently i noticed that I was hang cleaning what I was power cleaning much easier. I was wonder why this is? I am pretty sure I have good form, but maybe there is something i am missing. What do you guys think? I just feel like I explode easier when doing hang cleans and when I power clean that first pulling part slows it down and also it might be because I start the shrug..jump etc. part to soon when I power clean because there is a wide area and its all going really fast, where as hang cleans there is not as much room for that error I guess.

Any Ideas?
    If your form is good, then don't worry about it. Power cleans give you a better mechanical advantage since you are pulling it from the floor, allowing for more time for acceleration. You probably just aren't good at accelerating the bar yet. Keep doing what you're doing and you should find yourself swaying towards power cleans, I think.