Adam718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Equinox info needed...

I'm looking to start a career as a PT. I am looking at Equinox to get my start and make my bones. I went in there today and asked what's ***** they prefer and a trainer there told me they'll get you certified once you're hired. My question is what cert will they get you, and would it be better to get certified before I start? I am in NYC. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

TyLivesFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know a few trainers that work for Equinox. Firstly, if you are CPT certified you would be looked at as a realistic candidate for the personal trainer position. Already being certified will make you a lot more attractive because you are already showing your interest and readiness to train clients (and sell packages)*. Also, this is one less step they'd have to walk you through once they do hire you. Equinox does provide their own orientation and in-house "specializations" that will add to your personal training toolbox. On the other hand; being hired without a certification is possible as well. In fact, I was told that if you were to get hired and another Equinox trainer referred you, then employee would get some sort of compensation for referring you as a candidate. Then your next step would be to network with Equinox trainers, tidy-up your resume (to better speak to your interest, skills-sets and knowledge of all things related to fitness), and of course finally applying to the location(s) you are most interested in working from.

-Tyree

Adam718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TyLivesFit View Post
    I know a few trainers that work for Equinox. Firstly, if you are CPT certified you would be looked at as a realistic candidate for the personal trainer position. Already being certified will make you a lot more attractive because you are already showing your interest and readiness to train clients (and sell packages)*. Also, this is one less step they'd have to walk you through once they do hire you. Equinox does provide their own orientation and in-house "specializations" that will add to your personal training toolbox. On the other hand; being hired without a certification is possible as well. In fact, I was told that if you were to get hired and another Equinox trainer referred you, then employee would get some sort of compensation for referring you as a candidate. Then your next step would be to network with Equinox trainers, tidy-up your resume (to better speak to your interest, skills-sets and knowledge of all things related to fitness), and of course finally applying to the location(s) you are most interested in working from.

-Tyree
    I'm going to go for a NASM cert before I apply, thank a lot, Tyree. Appreciate the reply.

TyLivesFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Adam718 View Post
    I'm going to go for a NASM cert before I apply, thank a lot, Tyree. Appreciate the reply.
    hey Adam,

Did you ever go for you NASM? How'd it go?

jkdfighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdfighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdfighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdfighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdfighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdfighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdfighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdfighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdfighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdfighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkdfighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

scanners

Equinox are scamers...
    They made tame their pt cost which was 1000 out of pocket and wouldnt hire me after mind you i was already certified by ACSM