24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Need Help? 1-866-236-8417

Adam718 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Equinox info needed...

I'm looking to start a career as a PT. I am looking at Equinox to get my start and make my bones. I went in there today and asked what's ***** they prefer and a trainer there told me they'll get you certified once you're hired. My question is what cert will they get you, and would it be better to get certified before I start? I am in NYC. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Stats: 5'10", 168 lbs
    TyLivesFit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit TyLivesFit's BodySpace
    I know a few trainers that work for Equinox. Firstly, if you are CPT certified you would be looked at as a realistic candidate for the personal trainer position. Already being certified will make you a lot more attractive because you are already showing your interest and readiness to train clients (and sell packages)*. Also, this is one less step they'd have to walk you through once they do hire you. Equinox does provide their own orientation and in-house "specializations" that will add to your personal training toolbox. On the other hand; being hired without a certification is possible as well. In fact, I was told that if you were to get hired and another Equinox trainer referred you, then employee would get some sort of compensation for referring you as a candidate. Then your next step would be to network with Equinox trainers, tidy-up your resume (to better speak to your interest, skills-sets and knowledge of all things related to fitness), and of course finally applying to the location(s) you are most interested in working from.

-Tyree

Adam718 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TyLivesFit View Post
    I know a few trainers that work for Equinox. Firstly, if you are CPT certified you would be looked at as a realistic candidate for the personal trainer position. Already being certified will make you a lot more attractive because you are already showing your interest and readiness to train clients (and sell packages)*. Also, this is one less step they'd have to walk you through once they do hire you. Equinox does provide their own orientation and in-house "specializations" that will add to your personal training toolbox. On the other hand; being hired without a certification is possible as well. In fact, I was told that if you were to get hired and another Equinox trainer referred you, then employee would get some sort of compensation for referring you as a candidate. Then your next step would be to network with Equinox trainers, tidy-up your resume (to better speak to your interest, skills-sets and knowledge of all things related to fitness), and of course finally applying to the location(s) you are most interested in working from.

-Tyree
    I'm going to go for a NASM cert before I apply, thank a lot, Tyree. Appreciate the reply.

Stats: 5'10", 168 lbs
    TyLivesFit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit TyLivesFit's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Adam718 View Post
    I'm going to go for a NASM cert before I apply, thank a lot, Tyree. Appreciate the reply.
    hey Adam,

Did you ever go for you NASM? How'd it go?

Stats: 6'0", 171 lbs
    jkdfighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jkdfighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jkdfighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jkdfighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jkdfighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jkdfighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jkdfighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jkdfighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jkdfighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jkdfighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jkdfighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit jkdfighter's BodySpace

scanners

Equinox are scamers...
    They made tame their pt cost which was 1000 out of pocket and wouldnt hire me after mind you i was already certified by ACSM