djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Clients who don't eat enough to lose weight?

We have them..overweight clients who eat 800 calories a day and expect to lose 20lbs in a week. They show up to all their workouts and complain when the scale doesn't drop. You go over their poor eating habits with them to find out their eating 800 calories a day. They tell you "i'm not eating anymore junk food, how come i'm not losing weight"..still eating 800 calories a day

You tell them "you need to eat more clean food. You need to eat 1600 calories a day", and you get a blank scared straight look on their face, like "what are you talking about, that's how i gained weight in the first place", not knowing that they were secretly eating 5000 calories a day

What do you all do to get them to eat more food? They won't do it regardless of what i say

They are either not eating enough calories to lose weight ( they act like i don't know what i'm talking about ), or eating way more than they say

I feel like dropping them. It's frustrating to tell them over an over again, to eat more. They're scared to eat because they fear weight gain, so they don't listen
    "I'm right and you're wrong"
    Signed - The Personal Trainers of BB.Com

Jreal10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jreal10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jreal10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jreal10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jreal10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jreal10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jreal10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jreal10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jreal10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jreal10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jreal10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Mayb try to provide them with 3rd party literature supporting your POV. Unless we've been there we will never understand where they are coming from. I have similar issues with clients regarding food in general, all we can do is be patient.

Originally Posted by djz View Post
    We have athem..overweight clients who eat 800 calories a day and expect to lose 20lbs in a week. They show up to all their workouts and complain when the scale doesn't drop. You go over their poor eating habits with them to find out their eating 800 calories a day. They tell you "i'm not eating anymore junk food, how come i'm not losing weight"..still eating 800 calories a day

You tell them "you need to eat more clean food. You need to eat 1600 calories a day", and you get a blank scared straight look on their face, like "what are you talking about, that's how i gained weight in the first place", not knowing that they were secretly eating 5000 calories a day

What do you all do to get them to eat more food? They won't do it regardless of what i say

They are either not eating enough calories to lose weight ( they act like i don't know what i'm talking about ), or eating way more than they say

I feel like dropping them. It's frustrating to tell them over an over again, to eat more. They're scared to eat because they fear weight gain, so they don't listen

jeffk694 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffk694 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffk694 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffk694 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffk694 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffk694 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffk694 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffk694 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffk694 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffk694 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jeffk694 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Its funny that you wrote this, I know a girl who after about a month of working out had lost .5 lb's. I told her to write down her diet, and it totaled up to 975 calories. With over 170 carbs. And like 30 grams of protein. I told her she needed to up her calories to 1650. And get in much more protein. She looked at me with the face like "what"? So an easy response to those who dont think you know what your talking about is this. "What you have been doing, IS NOT WORKING. If something isnt working, then you have to change it. Its obvioulsy broken, so FIX it." So she did, and now she's losing 2-3 pounds a week in the first month.

ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If this is true, that is a QUALITY problem to have. As opposed to those that eat 10,000 calories a day and think your training is not effective for fat loss. LOL
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the ILLUSION of knowlegde! - Stephen Hawking

Tampa, FL
    NSCA CSCS, BS
    twitter @maxwellob

Registered User volitionfitness's Avatar
    volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) volitionfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Heres an awesome pdf handout for women, let them read it and make sure they absorb the info
    handouts reinforce what you say, and hopefully registers in their head
    Attached Files