Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile Push and Pull days? whats your opinion.

When i started working out i was doing 3 full body work outs a week, after a while i changed to working different muscle groups each work out, then shortly after i started doing a 4 day split of chest and back Monday, arms Tuesday, lower body Thursday and then upper body Friday but im thinking of changing to do push exercises Monday and pull exercises Wednesday then lower body on Friday, which would mean instead of doing chest and back together id train chest with triceps and back with biceps, if i could get some opinions/advice that would be good, thanks.
    "You will not win, cos i will not lose" - Roy Jones jr

"I'd rather live, than live forever"

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're going to do a legs/push/pull split, then I'd have the legs day as far away from the pull day as you can get it. 2-3 days apart on either side would be good; much better than 1 day apart as your current plan is. The reason is that if you're squatting, you're using your back a lot, even though it's a leg exercise. You don't want your pulls to interfere with your legs. Likewise, deadlifts (if you're doing them, which I hope you are) use your legs a lot, even though they're a pull.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

TXguy33 is just really nice. (+1000) TXguy33 is just really nice. (+1000) TXguy33 is just really nice. (+1000) TXguy33 is just really nice. (+1000) TXguy33 is just really nice. (+1000) TXguy33 is just really nice. (+1000) TXguy33 is just really nice. (+1000) TXguy33 is just really nice. (+1000) TXguy33 is just really nice. (+1000) TXguy33 is just really nice. (+1000) TXguy33 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    If you're going to do a legs/push/pull split, then I'd have the legs day as far away from the pull day as you can get it. 2-3 days apart on either side would be good; much better than 1 day apart as your current plan is. The reason is that if you're squatting, you're using your back a lot, even though it's a leg exercise. You don't want your pulls to interfere with your legs. Likewise, deadlifts (if you're doing them, which I hope you are) use your legs a lot, even though they're a pull.
    I agree. I do a push/pull routine like this:

Mon-Push/squat
    Tue-Pull
    Wed-Off
    Thur-Push
    Friday-Pull/deadlift
    Sat-off
    Sun-off

Will also do a couple of supplemental lifts for legs if time allows on Monday and Friday (weighted lunges, calf raises, etc.)

Not perfect, but it works well for me. Doing squats on Monday doesn't effect my pull routine on Tuesday.
    Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, and Texas Rangers fan FOR LIFE!

Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Middl3t0n has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by TXguy33 View Post
    I agree. I do a push/pull routine like this:

Mon-Push/squat
    Tue-Pull
    Wed-Off
    Thur-Push
    Friday-Pull/deadlift
    Sat-off
    Sun-off

Will also do a couple of supplemental lifts for legs if time allows on Monday and Friday (weighted lunges, calf raises, etc.)

Not perfect, but it works well for me. Doing squats on Monday doesn't effect my pull routine on Tuesday.
    very useful advice, thanks heaps.
    "You will not win, cos i will not lose" - Roy Jones jr

"I'd rather live, than live forever"