iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Do Soy Products Slow Metabolsim?

I was reading online that soy products in food will block certain thyroid hormones, which will in turn slow your metabolism.

This isn't the only article out there, after reading this I looked for more articles/studies that denounced soy products and I found a staggering number.

Can I get some peoples opinions on what they think of soy products slowing metabolism?

edit*(I cant provide any of the links of the articles in this post, because I don't have over 50 posts on BodyBuilding.com, so the site wont let me. If you want to read some of these studies, just go to your favorite search engine and type in soy products slow metabolism, or soy products affect on thyroid, and you should see several results.)
    Last edited by iamsupermani; 09-05-2011 at 05:21 PM.

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Link to these staggering numbers of anti-soy studies please. Interesting research is always fun to read. But for some reason, I get the feeling that most are written by some online know-it-all, with very little actual science to back anything up.
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by iamsupermani View Post
    I was reading online that soy products in food will block certain thyroid hormones, which will in turn slow your metabolism.

This isn't the only article out there, after reading this I looked for more articles/studies that denounced soy products and I found a staggering number.

Can I get some peoples opinions on what they think of soy products slowing metabolism?

edit*(I cant provide any of the links of the articles in this post, because I don't have over 50 posts on BodyBuilding.com, so the site wont let me. If you want to read some of these studies, just go to your favorite search engine and type in soy products slow metabolism, or soy products affect on thyroid, and you should see several results.)
    Unless you have pre existing thyroid problems, no it won't

Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Interesting this popped up, I just discovered Soy flour... And the macros for the defatted kind are just staggering. I know it's quite the trend these days to bash soy in general, and Ive heard some outlandish claims about consuming it in one's daily diet

Edit: macros for 1/4 cup soy flour:
    14/0/4 p/fat/cho
    Last edited by Beerandon; 09-05-2011 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Macros

ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol no

usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Beerandon View Post
    Interesting this popped up, I just discovered Soy flour... And the macros for the defatted kind are just staggering. I know it's quite the trend these days to bash soy in general, and Ive heard some outlandish claims about consuming it in one's daily diet

Edit: macros for 1/4 cup soy flour:
    14/0/4 p/fat/cho
    Does it rise with yeast and make "soy bread"? Or is it just ground soy...

iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iamsupermani has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    anyone else's opinion?

Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beerandon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by usawinston View Post
    Does it rise with yeast and make "soy bread"? Or is it just ground soy...
    You know, never tried it with yeast, but have used it in pancakes (along with buckwheat) and holy cow, i swear they are an inch thick everytime.

Also, that's what she said.

So should i just disregard the studies about soy products slowing metabolism?