I like to eat alot of oatmeal for my complex carbs. But im almost throw up everytime i eat it, i guess im so used to the taste and the paste-like texture... how to make it taste good?
Thread: How to make oatmeal taste good??
09-05-2011, 02:17 AM #1
09-05-2011, 02:19 AM #2
09-05-2011, 02:43 AM #3
09-05-2011, 02:46 AM #4
09-05-2011, 02:49 AM #5
09-05-2011, 02:55 AM #6
09-05-2011, 02:56 AM #7
09-05-2011, 02:58 AM #8
09-05-2011, 03:02 AM #9
09-05-2011, 03:02 AM #10
I personally like to mix oatmeal with different nuts, fruit and spices. Perhaps when you go shopping you can find some (natural) vanilla or almond extract to mix it in with your milk or yogurt. Also, try mixing in some cinnamon, cloves or cardamom.
Here are some of my favourite mixes. I eat all of them with yogurt.
1. oatmeal with half a fistful of pistachios, blackberries a bit of cardamom.
2. oatmeal with almonds, peaches, a bit of lemon zest and cinnamon.
3. oatmeal with dried plums, a bit of honey and cardamom. [It's really good during winter when fruit on the market isn't as rich in nutrients as it is during summer.]
4. oatmeal (treat!) with oranges, a tiny bit (max 25g) of dark chocolate, walnuts and 1 finely chopped clove.
5. oatmeal with raspberries, 2 tsp of sunflower seeds, peanuts and fresh mint.
Try out as many mixes as possible and find your favourites.
09-05-2011, 03:23 AM #11
09-05-2011, 05:06 AM #12
09-05-2011, 05:09 AM #13
09-05-2011, 05:38 AM #14
350 ml milk (i use 2%)
Cottage cheese 150-200g(i basically use russian analog which is named "tvorog")
Honey, 1 tbsp
Flax seeds 5g
Heat milk until it starts to boil, poor the oats in, add honey, cook 3 minutes on mid-fire stirring repeatedly. Cut banana into small pieces and combine with cottage cheese (blend depending on taste, i don't blend). Mix everything, sprinkle with cinnamon and flax.
Macro: ~1000 cals/20g fat/60g pro/180g carbs
09-05-2011, 06:35 AM #15
09-05-2011, 08:17 AM #16
- Join Date: Mar 2011
- Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Age: 25
- Posts: 202
- Rep Power: 0
09-05-2011, 10:31 AM #17
By trevor.m in forum NutritionReplies: 32Last Post: 11-09-2014, 11:57 AM
By meremere in forum Female BodybuildingReplies: 34Last Post: 06-03-2009, 08:30 AM
By slantedeyez in forum Losing FatReplies: 22Last Post: 09-08-2006, 08:15 PM