kylieandaiden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to this site, need help with diet

I have no idea where to start with my diet. I currently do low calorie but see most people on here go for low carb. I snack a lot on snack foods like chips and biscuits (naughty I know) but always stay within my calorie allowance.

My goal is to lose a small amount of body fat and gain more lean muscle, the main area I need to lose fat is my stomach and thighs. I am currently 5"3 and 140lbs would like to get back down to my usual 120lbs.

Most days I do a minimum of 1 hour cardio and then 2 hours of strength training/conditioning.

Anyone got any ideas of a menu plan I should start with that will work for me?

Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by kylieandaiden View Post
    I have no idea where to start with my diet. I currently do low calorie but see most people on here go for low carb. I snack a lot on snack foods like chips and biscuits (naughty I know) but always stay within my calorie allowance.

My goal is to lose a small amount of body fat and gain more lean muscle. I am currently 5"3 and 140lbs would like to get back down to my usual 120lbs.

Most days I do a minimum of 1 hour cardio and then 2 hours of strength training/conditioning.

Anyone got any ideas of a menu plan I should start with that will work for me?
    Just go whole wheat everything. It makes quite a difference and taste all the same, if not better because you know its healthier.

And you just got to go shopping for recipes that you would like.

Originally Posted by Mitchelha View Post
    Just go whole wheat everything. It makes quite a difference and taste all the same, if not better because you know its healthier.

And you just got to go shopping for recipes that you would like.
    I already eat wholewheat. I want a diet that is going to transform my body

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kylieandaiden View Post
    I already eat wholewheat. I want a diet that is going to transform my body
    Read the stickies.

There is no "fixed diet" for anyone. Just learn to meet your macros/micros and calorie needs for your personal goals, preferring whole foods - but also allowing plenty of variety and consumption of just about any food item you desire in moderation.

If you wish to lose some body fat and grow muscle, you must realize such simultaneous processes are limited to mostly beginners. Nearly all advanced bodybuilders either bulk (caloric surplus which results in muscle and fat gain) or cut (caloric deficit, which results in mostly fat loss, but also some muscle loss). Doing both is often spinning your wheels with very little progress made on either front.

Good luck!
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Calculating Calorie Needs and Macronutrients: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

IIFYM - What does it mean? http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133634471

Pre, During, & Postworkout Nutrition: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123915821

here
    *Hollywood's rabid cage crew*

Bulking log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145653801

Thanks for that, have never heard of macros before and that's the sort of thing I was looking for.

leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) leaftors has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Good job...

Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To lose weight you just need to eat less calories everyday then what your body needs. doesn't matter what you eat
    To keep/gain muscle will losing fat you need to eat less calories than your body needs + lift weights + atleast 1g of protein per lb body weight everyday.
    There is also the low carb/cals/high protein which i can state from exp is good for keeping/gaining muscles while dropping lbs of fat.
    Super Saiyan Crew