MrRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

UK Brahs, how do you balance college, studying and lifting?

my fellow uk brahs, i am starting college in a few days. was wondering how you guys maintain/maintained lifting and studying while in college.

ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000)
    it's far easier than you think bro, trust me

MrRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hope so bro, really wanna study hard and lift hard but i dunno how i am gonna fit it in with the subjects i've taken and certain extracuricular stuff ive gotta do

Klc123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Klc123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Klc123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Klc123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Klc123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Klc123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Klc123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Klc123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Klc123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Klc123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Klc123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Having just finished doing my A-levels...I can tell you it is going to be tough. I didn't do weights during my 2 years of study but I done football practice pretty much every day, as I play at a decent standard. It gets pretty stressful, in the end I quit my football during my exams in the last year because I wanted better grades. I came out with a A B B A overall in biology chemistry history and physics, but if I had quit football a year earlier, and worked as hard in the first year as I did in the second..I would have gotten 3 A*s and an A.

All I can say is, don't make the same mistake as me, by dividing your time between too many things and not working hard enough while it matters. A levels are hard, once you've done them, you have time to relax again. Good luck. What subjects you doing?

ShropshireBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShropshireBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShropshireBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShropshireBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShropshireBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShropshireBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShropshireBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShropshireBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShropshireBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShropshireBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShropshireBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why take extracuricular stuff what is it for? or is it teacher nutride?

Originally Posted by Klc123 View Post
    Having just finished doing my A-levels...I can tell you it is going to be tough. I didn't do weights during my 2 years of study but I done football practice pretty much every day, as I play at a decent standard. It gets pretty stressful, in the end I quit my football during my exams in the last year because I wanted better grades. I came out with a A B B A overall in biology chemistry history and physics, but if I had quit football a year earlier, and worked as hard in the first year as I did in the second..I would have gotten 3 A*s and an A.

All I can say is, don't make the same mistake as me, by dividing your time between too many things and not working hard enough while it matters. A levels are hard, once you've done them, you have time to relax again. Good luck. What subjects you doing?
    taking english combined, law, history and music. and also resitting maths. i like all my a level subjects and stuff and really want to work hard but apparently have to do choir (yes homo) and certain orchestra things for music (which i am not bothererd about really) just failing to see how i am gonna study when i have to do extracuricular **** and i want to lift too.

Originally Posted by ShropshireBrah View Post
    why take extracuricular stuff what is it for? or is it teacher nutride?
    see above

CroydonKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CroydonKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CroydonKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol at the "apparently have to do choir (yes homo)". but yh i have the same question im also going into sixth form next week, and of course i want to do lots of extra curricluar stuff as u can mmeet new ppl and stuff, and also i wanna go uni so i hav to do gd in a levels, and so i cnt see where the gym fits in.
    Bicep curls get the Girls!

abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) abcdefg94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    im just gonna lift 2 days mid week and 2 on the weekend= sorted. its not that hard really

RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The "don't do much studying until 2 months before the exam" strategy worked out pretty well for me (A levels and first year uni). Wasn't lifting at the time but was doing the equivalent in rowing/other sport stuff.

I think exam success is pretty much all down to the revision period. As long as you've got good notes from class, know how you revise best and how long you need to do your best (too little and you wont be prepared, too long and you'll forget a lot and still wont be prepared) you should do fine even if you do lots of extra things throughout the year. I always drop all my extra-curricular stuff a month or two before the exam, but in retrospect I didn't need to (and probably would have been a damn side less stressed if I hadn't)

Wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
    "To be the man, you've got to beat the man" ~ Ric Flair

I have no idea where I am.

CroydonKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CroydonKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CroydonKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RoseTinted View Post
    The "don't do much studying until 2 months before the exam" strategy worked out pretty well for me (A levels and first year uni). Wasn't lifting at the time but was doing the equivalent in rowing/other sport stuff.

I think exam success is pretty much all down to the revision period. As long as you've got good notes from class, know how you revise best and how long you need to do your best (too little and you wont be prepared, too long and you'll forget a lot and still wont be prepared) you should do fine even if you do lots of extra things throughout the year. I always drop all my extra-curricular stuff a month or two before the exam, but in retrospect I didn't need to (and probably would have been a damn side less stressed if I hadn't)

Wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
    wat A levels did you do? and that strategy i thought only worked for gcse but was "dnt do much any studying until week before gcse" lol. for A level im sure you would hav to be doing bits of revision all year round to get top marks.

relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OP, don't be stupid, do a BTEC.

You can get better grades with less effort, and therefore more time to lift.

Originally Posted by relentlessmule View Post

dats the dumbest thing ive ever heard

Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alaskastuck will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    one word

super sets
    Super Saiyan Crew

DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For my last 2 years its been, college monday-friday pretty much 9-12.30/3.30. Gym monday,wednesday & friday after college. Just do all your work & revision in free periods at college. In the whole 2 years i only ever did work at home 1 month before exams, rest of the time i just did my work in library, and i ended up with ABB so worked well.

no

Originally Posted by DanMee View Post
    For my last 2 years its been, college monday-friday pretty much 9-12.30/3.30. Gym monday,wednesday & friday after college. Just do all your work & revision in free periods at college. In the whole 2 years i only ever did work at home 1 month before exams, rest of the time i just did my work in library, and i ended up with ABB so worked well.
    good idea that, think im going to probably get home. do some work then go to the gym like 6-7pm coz my gym closes at 9pm. im sure il come up with something haha

DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MrRyan View Post
    good idea that, think im going to probably get home. do some work then go to the gym like 6-7pm coz my gym closes at 9pm. im sure il come up with something haha
    If that suits you then great, but i would recommend gym first so its out of the way.

relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10) relentlessmule is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MrRyan View Post
    no
    Whatever brah, you can be a smug kunt and do A levels like I did ("because btec's are for thick twats") and realise what I'm telling you for yourself in two years time, or you can do a BTEC and be laughing once exam time comes round.

Whatever brah, you can be a smug kunt and do A levels like I did ("because btec's are for thick twats") and realise what I'm telling you for yourself in two years time, or you can do a BTEC and be laughing once exam time comes round.
    And then when hes laughing after his exams he'll den be crying wen he doesn't get into univeristy cuz the course he wants to take mainly takes a levels. but dnt get me wrong b techs arn't for stupid ppl but if ur smart enuff to do a levels den obv u shud do em as u r a lot more likely to get into uni.

lol "smug kunt" gtfo, never once said btec is for thick twats.

JackV94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackV94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackV94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackV94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackV94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackV94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackV94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackV94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackV94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackV94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackV94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A levels are hard, I'm just about to repeat my first year in a different college with different subjects.
    But to be honest it's my own fault I didn't have my priorities right at the time
    partying&lifting was > studies
    But now I realise it's not worth it came out with CEUU :/

Lets face it you can lift for 4 hours a week and get good gains it's mainly diet you need some down time from studying anyway.

LaOmerta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaOmerta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaOmerta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaOmerta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaOmerta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaOmerta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaOmerta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaOmerta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaOmerta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaOmerta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaOmerta is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lol OP they can't force you to do choir if you don't want to, don't do that shit if you don't want to...done and done. Secondly, A levels are definitely very hard, I must tell you the jump from GCSE to A-Levels is a lot bigger than most think, so many ppl fail on their first year because they don't put in the work.

Depending on your college you can make out time to lift, take mine for example, we have a gym within the college, so every lunch break (30 mins) I can go in there and lift, if you don't want to shower after a workout in college (who wants to shower at college?) just wash your face, armpits and groin area and then use dat dere deodorant spray. SIMPLE!

Obviously not every college will have a gym, worse yet not every college will even allow you to use it when you want to...sometimes this was the case for me, and guess what I did? I went to the gym nearest to my home after college. 3 days a week. 30-40min workout, get home, eat and then study. Sadly at that time, I wasn't taking lifting that seriously and wasn't even eating enough to make much gains...but I still made gains.

It's hard but you won't notice it after a while. btw I did Computing, Maths, Physics and Media studies at A level, got B,B,A,A* respectively. Good luck bro.
    *Aesthetic before 20 crew*

get shredded or die mirin, aesthetic dreams will be fulfilled.

~~RIP Zyzz, gone too soon, my motivation, forever 'mirin~~

DW22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DW22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DW22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DW22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DW22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DW22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DW22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DW22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DW22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DW22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DW22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im planning to lift in the morning 6:30am, catch bus at 7:50am, get home at 4:30pm, study till 7, go to sleep at 9:30/10
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoseTinted is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CroydonKid View Post
    wat A levels did you do? and that strategy i thought only worked for gcse but was "dnt do much any studying until week before gcse" lol. for A level im sure you would hav to be doing bits of revision all year round to get top marks.
    History, English Language, Maths, Chemistry, General Studies. Got 3 A*s 2 As.

There's a difference between doing nothing until exams vs only doing the set assignments during the year and no extra stuff or revision until two months before. Maybe it's just me, but I simply don't remember things I learned 6 months ago so any extra stuff I do at the beginning of the year is wasted. Don't get me wrong, A levels are ****ing hard compared to those joke papers they made us sit at GCSE, but they aren't 'your life is officially over' hard.

Make sure you have really good notes to revise from though, especially if you're doing anything like history or chemistry.

Actually, just don't do history. That subject can get into 'your life is officially over' territory at times. :P
    "To be the man, you've got to beat the man" ~ Ric Flair

I have no idea where I am.

Originally Posted by RoseTinted View Post
    History, English Language, Maths, Chemistry, General Studies. Got 3 A*s 2 As.

There's a difference between doing nothing until exams vs only doing the set assignments during the year and no extra stuff or revision until two months before. Maybe it's just me, but I simply don't remember things I learned 6 months ago so any extra stuff I do at the beginning of the year is wasted. Don't get me wrong, A levels are ****ing hard compared to those joke papers they made us sit at GCSE, but they aren't 'your life is officially over' hard.

Make sure you have really good notes to revise from though, especially if you're doing anything like history or chemistry.

Actually, just don't do history. That subject can get into 'your life is officially over' territory at times. :P
    hard subjects and great results! im doing biology, english lit, philosophy, and psychology so slightly similiar. lol u say historys hard i thought chemistry was crazyy hard at gcse level so for a level i wud of thought it was surley harder than history. and yh i dunno wat im going to do about revison yet. kinda worried about the biology being a huge jump from gcse.