Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking Introducing myself, new to free weights

Hey everyone... wasn't sure where to post this, but I'm new (as of an hour ago) to this forum, and am new to free weights (as of today)... and wanted to introduce myself, and couldn't find a "Newbie" or "Welcome" forum/sub-forum, so I figured I'd just post this in "Misc."

Anyhow, my name is Robb, from western Pennsylvania, USA, and I've been lifting using a Bowflex since a year ago, made some great beginner gains. Having really reached the limitations of that thing, I just finished building a new gym for free weights, and am selling the Bowflex to a friend. Love the free weights so far... completely different feel.

My story is simple: About 2 years or so ago, I weighed in at 410 lbs, estimating my body fat percentage at about 65% (using computer projections based on a year's worth of body composition changes since I started tracking body fat percentage.) As of today, I'm a much leaner 175 lbs, at 17.7% body fat. I didn't get the surgery or anything like that... this fat loss has been all about clean eating and quality exercise. I hit a plateau at about 225 I think, and found Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle, and have been part of their Inner Circle community since March-ish, and the nutrition advice I got there helped me bust through that to get where I am now. My goal has been, and remains... 9% body fat.

Through this whole fat loss process, I really fell in love with body building... always gaffed at it when I was younger, lol, funny how your perspective changes with experience and all. So, now I have a secondary goal of getting pretty big. Not for the sake of looking like the Hulk, but mostly for the sake of for the first time in my life having athletic goals, and really enjoying the challenge and the process of building my body... not to mention the skin toning effects of filling out properly!! (That much fat loss leaves it's "scars", so to speak.)

Anyhow, here I am, new member, that's about it. Oh, and new setup is:

- Olympic plates & barbell (nearly 600 lbs in all, to make it easy to do supersets)
    - Powertec power rack & utility bench
    - Powertec leg lift attachment (a given)
    - Powertec leg press attachment (for my wife mainly, who's JUST getting into this with me)
    - Powertec pec fly attachment (had form issues with cable flys with the Bowflex, though this would help me focus better)
    - Powertec lat tower w/high low cable pulleys
    - Bowflex SelectTech 1090 dumbbells
    - a bunch of cable attachments
    - Roman chair

...and yes, I guess I went "powertec crazy", lol, but I love how all their stuff integrates with each other. REALLY enjoying the Bowflex dumbbells too. So much better than cable exercises on the Bowflex!!

...oh, and I'm currently on a 4-day split routine, I can post details if you like, but it's my own customized program based on what I want to develop most, but otherwise full body development.

Anyhow, that's about it. Can't think of anything else atm. Looking forward to being a part of this site!
    Robb Ryniak
    -----------
    As of 2011, Sep 2: 192 lbs, 15.4% body fat
    As of 2011, Jan 1: 175 lbs, 17.7% body fat
    As of 2008: 410 lbs, estimated 65% body fat
    Goal: 9% body fat

cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The misc is not for you. Leave Don't look back
    #TeamMeatball

StimJunkieExtraordinaire hedfullofmusic's Avatar
    hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedfullofmusic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cuttin.bruh View Post
    The misc is not for you. Leave Don't look back
    This.
    * ulcerative colitis crew *

RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So the workout programs or Over 35 section didnt catch your eye first...

seems like a rep bait thread

die in a grass fire

MaximumTrolling will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximumTrolling will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximumTrolling will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximumTrolling will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximumTrolling will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximumTrolling will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximumTrolling will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximumTrolling will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximumTrolling will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximumTrolling will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximumTrolling will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    did not read

magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000)
    in b4 lock for posting about lifting in the misc

rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10) rcryniak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RidinInDaChevy View Post
    So the workout programs or Over 35 section didnt catch your eye first...

seems like a rep bait thread
    rep bait thread?? Sorry if I mis-posted. The over-35 section did actually pop out, but I don't normally limit myself to having friends to the over-35 crowd. And that didn't seem any more "welcome" ish than Misc.

Sorry if I offended anyone, geez. And what the heck is a rep bait thread??
    Robb Ryniak
    -----------

ex3e1989 is a name known to all. (+5000) ex3e1989 is a name known to all. (+5000) ex3e1989 is a name known to all. (+5000) ex3e1989 is a name known to all. (+5000) ex3e1989 is a name known to all. (+5000) ex3e1989 is a name known to all. (+5000) ex3e1989 is a name known to all. (+5000) ex3e1989 is a name known to all. (+5000) ex3e1989 is a name known to all. (+5000) ex3e1989 is a name known to all. (+5000) ex3e1989 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rcryniak View Post
    My story is simple: About 2 years or so ago, I weighed in at 410 lbs, estimating my body fat percentage at about 65% (using computer projections based on a year's worth of body composition changes since I started tracking body fat percentage.) As of today, I'm a much leaner 175 lbs, at 17.7% body fat.
    woah that's amazing, well done. got before/after pics?

Nonsense916 is a phaggot. TheChallenge's Avatar
    TheChallenge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheChallenge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheChallenge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheChallenge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheChallenge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheChallenge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheChallenge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheChallenge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheChallenge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheChallenge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheChallenge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    didnt anyone tell you? misc isnt for bodybuilding related things

sweathog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweathog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweathog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweathog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweathog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweathog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweathog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweathog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweathog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweathog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweathog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    thats realy weird OP because I wasn't sure where to post this, but I'm new (as of an hour ago) to this forum, and am new to free weights (as of today)... and wanted to introduce myself, and couldn't find a "Newbie" or "Welcome" forum/sub-forum, so I figured I'd just post this in "Misc."

Anyhow, my name is Robb, from western Pennsylvania, USA, and I've been lifting using a Bowflex since a year ago, made some great beginner gains. Having really reached the limitations of that thing, I just finished building a new gym for free weights, and am selling the Bowflex to a friend. Love the free weights so far... completely different feel.

My story is simple: About 2 years or so ago, I weighed in at 410 lbs, estimating my body fat percentage at about 65% (using computer projections based on a year's worth of body composition changes since I started tracking body fat percentage.) As of today, I'm a much leaner 175 lbs, at 17.7% body fat. I didn't get the surgery or anything like that... this fat loss has been all about clean eating and quality exercise. I hit a plateau at about 225 I think, and found Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle, and have been part of their Inner Circle community since March-ish, and the nutrition advice I got there helped me bust through that to get where I am now. My goal has been, and remains... 9% body fat.

Through this whole fat loss process, I really fell in love with body building... always gaffed at it when I was younger, lol, funny how your perspective changes with experience and all. So, now I have a secondary goal of getting pretty big. Not for the sake of looking like the Hulk, but mostly for the sake of for the first time in my life having athletic goals, and really enjoying the challenge and the process of building my body... not to mention the skin toning effects of filling out properly!! (That much fat loss leaves it's "scars", so to speak.)

Anyhow, here I am, new member, that's about it. Oh, and new setup is:

- Olympic plates & barbell (nearly 600 lbs in all, to make it easy to do supersets)
    - Powertec power rack & utility bench
    - Powertec leg lift attachment (a given)
    - Powertec leg press attachment (for my wife mainly, who's JUST getting into this with me)
    - Powertec pec fly attachment (had form issues with cable flys with the Bowflex, though this would help me focus better)
    - Powertec lat tower w/high low cable pulleys
    - Bowflex SelectTech 1090 dumbbells
    - a bunch of cable attachments
    - Roman chair

...and yes, I guess I went "powertec crazy", lol, but I love how all their stuff integrates with each other. REALLY enjoying the Bowflex dumbbells too. So much better than cable exercises on the Bowflex!!

...oh, and I'm currently on a 4-day split routine, I can post details if you like, but it's my own customized program based on what I want to develop most, but otherwise full body development.

Anyhow, that's about it. Can't think of anything else atm. Looking forward to being a part of this site!

Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000)
    rep bait thread?? Sorry if I mis-posted. The over-35 section did actually pop out, but I don't normally limit myself to having friends to the over-35 crowd. And that didn't seem any more "welcome" ish than Misc.

just lift heavy and don't make anymore threads introducing yourself

and don't forget the multi!

Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000) Wolfex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Listen man. You'll get better responses in the Over 35 section. You won't get quality responses about lifting here. It's pretty much to chill and goof around.

Originally Posted by TheChallenge View Post
    didnt anyone tell you? misc isnt for bodybuilding related things
    Well, being new... no... noone told me... now I know, lol.
    Robb Ryniak
    -----------

Betep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Betep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Betep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Betep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Betep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Betep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Betep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Betep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Betep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Betep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Betep has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thats great, wish I had room for a power cage and a barbell + weights. Take a multi and lift heavy
    Pусский Бра

Captin Kid is just really nice. (+1000) Captin Kid is just really nice. (+1000) Captin Kid is just really nice. (+1000) Captin Kid is just really nice. (+1000) Captin Kid is just really nice. (+1000) Captin Kid is just really nice. (+1000) Captin Kid is just really nice. (+1000) Captin Kid is just really nice. (+1000) Captin Kid is just really nice. (+1000) Captin Kid is just really nice. (+1000) Captin Kid is just really nice. (+1000)

Originally Posted by ex3e1989 View Post
    woah that's amazing, well done. got before/after pics?
    Yes I do... will have to post them... just gimme a sec
    Robb Ryniak
    -----------

cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000) cuttin.bruh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Will rep for before / after pics. ( srs )
    #TeamMeatball

Originally Posted by ForwardAgain View Post
    contrary to popular belief, many members of the bodybuilding.com misc section are here solely to acquire rep points, not to actually discuss weightlifting. if you would like to join the fun and start acquiring reps, just make a thread entitled "i want zyzz's babies", your reps will go up tenfold.

good luck.
    Rep points? Um... okay... lol... guess I'll have to read up on what that's all about.
    Robb Ryniak
    -----------

RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RidinInDaChevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

rep bait thread is a thread where "new people" post "oh hay im new to the misc" threads in hopes of getting reps.

thing is most of these people are jsut previous miscers who were banned, negged deep in red and looking to restart/gamble for a few pity/welcoming greens for a fresh start

misc lyfe aint no strife midniteOG's Avatar
    midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    coming in here to say whats up... but the misc really isnt for stuff like this. yes, this is bb.com, but the misc is totally different.. you'll learn that....
    *****official misc photography crew *****

OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OminousShadow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Introducting myself, new to your thread.

Bows~ and now im gone.
    Shredded or Death

bigslim212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslim212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslim212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslim212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslim212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslim212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslim212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslim212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslim212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslim212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslim212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great job on the weight loss. Did you have any flabby skin? Or have you had any removed?

Smile before and afters...

As promised, before and after shots... sorry it took a sec, but I had to upload them to my site, since I can't upload photos here (don't know if you can, or how yet). As you can see, I'm not real "big" yet, but working on it consistently and will definitely get there

www dot ryniak dot net/before_after/before_2008.jpg
    www dot ryniak dot net/before_after/after_2010_11_24.jpg

(wouldn't let me post proper links yet, sorry.)

...and no "reps" required, seriously. Just wanted to intro myself. No big. (And thanks for explaining what reps are.)
    Robb Ryniak
    -----------

Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bad Words is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That's an incredible transformation. Pics embedded:

Originally Posted by Bad Words View Post
    Great job on the weight loss. Did you have any flabby skin? Or have you had any removed?
    Yep, have plenty of loose skin... some of it still flabby, but I'm not yet at my target 9%. Hoping most of it will go by the time I get there (or within a year or so afterwards)... if it doesn't... I might consider the skin surgery thing... but don't like the idea at all. Rather do it all natural if possible.

Weird thing though... suprailiac says 6mm, which is 10% on Accumeasure chart, but there's plenty o' flabbiness about 2 inches away in the front... guess it proves spot reduction is a myth, lol. It comes off whereever the heck it feels like.
    Robb Ryniak
    -----------

oh hey, thanks for posting the pics! awesome!
    Robb Ryniak
    -----------

Janderson21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Janderson21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Janderson21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Janderson21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Janderson21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Janderson21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Janderson21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Janderson21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Janderson21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Janderson21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Janderson21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bad Words View Post
    That's an incredible transformation. Pics embedded:

holy shiit. good job dave man
    R.I.P. ZYZZ.

***LUCID DREAMING CREW***Are You Dreaming?
    /Sublime Crew/

Want to learn to lucid dream?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130237693&highlight=janderson21

Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000) Flootie is just really nice. (+1000)
    wow incredible transformation, great job man

Registered User LiftDeezWeights's Avatar
    LiftDeezWeights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftDeezWeights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftDeezWeights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftDeezWeights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftDeezWeights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftDeezWeights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftDeezWeights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftDeezWeights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftDeezWeights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftDeezWeights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftDeezWeights has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Awesome transformation. Keep at it!
    Aztecs - Padres

RIP SD CHARGERS