Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Stronglifts 5x5/ Chin ups/ Hindu squat

Hey everybody im starting stronglifts 5x5 officially( hopefully ) on monday. Im starting college tomorrow, all my life ive never been able to properly go to a gym because of my family's poor financial status , and relied on my friends to get me in to crappy gyms without barbells , using a school gym ( lasts only so long ) and working out at home...i started working out beginning of high school wanting to change this pitiful life of mine, being bullied all throughout middle school and the first 2 years of high school..i knew very very little about working out let alone bodybuilding...i started out curling for about 1+ years giving me great biceps.( i could really care less now ) but the sophomore year i started working out more muscle groups and got a bit of muscle..by junior yr i was classified as buff and the people that bullied me for ages left me alone..but not all....taking all the negative energy and turning hatred into a fuel of sorts i kept working out senior year and long by then i had a passion for working out itself ..sculpting a successful body , self-confidence and esteem , everything was great but i could never do the workouts i wanted until now ( hopefully )

ive always wanted to do compound workouts like the ones listed in that program but ive never had the resources..even with my job money most if not all would go to helping my family

anyways now that ive gone completely off topic and said stuff none of you care about...i wanted you guys who have all sculpted beautiful successful muscles to help me out
    I wanted to hear personally from people who did stronglifts themselves here and know their results ..weight +/- and strength changes

also im adding chin ups after deadlifts which i believe was optional for people who wanted bigger arms for whatever reason medhi said

i was wondering if its unwise to continue doing hindu squats daily ( yes daily my body has become used to high reps and itll only go higher of course )

I plan on putting 200% effort into this program i expect great things

tomorrow im going to go scout the university gym for the 2nd time...it was a lot smaller and not as nice as the pictures but it does have the right equipment
    and im going to do workout B to get a feel for where my strength lies and know if i need to +/- the weights and enter my starting weights so that program chart can help me

also those arent my real stats on profile

jessah13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessah13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessah13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessah13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessah13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessah13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessah13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessah13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessah13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessah13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jessah13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would absolutely stop doing the hindu squats since the program relies so heavily on back squats and you want to be able to give it all your all on them.

Also, start with lower weights than you think you should. I know you won't want too, but plateauing early sucks and is easily avoided by starting out slow for 2-3 weeks.

Luckily with this type of program, you really don't need much besides a squat rack/powercage so any gym that allows barbell training should be fine.

Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kogama is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jessah13 View Post
    I would absolutely stop doing the hindu squats since the program relies so heavily on back squats and you want to be able to give it all your all on them.

Also, start with lower weights than you think you should. I know you won't want too, but plateauing early sucks and is easily avoided by starting out slow for 2-3 weeks.

Luckily with this type of program, you really don't need much besides a squat rack/powercage so any gym that allows barbell training should be fine.
    thanks a lot but im hoping i dont have to compete with other people for the racks..they have half - racks which look a bit different so i have to play around with the set up and getting used to squatting in general...ive been looking up videos for form on every workout all day long.. i have experience deadlifting and the coach said my form was good so i think i have deadlifting form down..but i have never ever squatted and the stronglift guy wants it on your back and thumbless grip i tried with an empty barbell but i know with real weight i will be slouching down a bit

also my chest area is very weak and looks big so i feel pathetic that i cant even do 135 last time i tried ( jr yr of high ) now im in college ive been doing lot of tricep n chest work but the gym my friends got me into was horrible and had no bench..so what if i can do 135 for 5 reps but im struggling what should i do? i know the stronglift guy says dont lower weight if you dont complete 5 it was like 5/5/3/2/1 w.e and next week use the weight until you get 5 ...what should i do if im doing 135 for 5 reps

should i just take longer rests inbetween and trooper it out?

swervedriver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swervedriver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swervedriver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swervedriver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swervedriver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swervedriver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swervedriver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swervedriver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swervedriver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swervedriver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swervedriver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kogama View Post
    thanks a lot but im hoping i dont have to compete with other people for the racks..they have half - racks which look a bit different so i have to play around with the set up and getting used to squatting in general...ive been looking up videos for form on every workout all day long.. i have experience deadlifting and the coach said my form was good so i think i have deadlifting form down..but i have never ever squatted and the stronglift guy wants it on your back and thumbless grip i tried with an empty barbell but i know with real weight i will be slouching down a bit

also my chest area is very weak and looks big so i feel pathetic that i cant even do 135 last time i tried ( jr yr of high ) now im in college ive been doing lot of tricep n chest work but the gym my friends got me into was horrible and had no bench..so what if i can do 135 for 5 reps but im struggling what should i do? i know the stronglift guy says dont lower weight if you dont complete 5 it was like 5/5/3/2/1 w.e and next week use the weight until you get 5 ...what should i do if im doing 135 for 5 reps

should i just take longer rests inbetween and trooper it out?
    i dont get it. if youre just starting the program, why are you worried about doing 135 5x5? if you start with the empty bar like youre supposed to you wont be at 135 until i think week 10 or 11. dont screw with the program. do it like its written. im on week 8 of SL and im loving it. its getting VERY challenging. the first few weeks were ridiculously easy, but its during that time you should be focusing on perfecting your form. esp on squats and deads. good luck...SL 5x5 is a great program. you will definitely see a change in your physique (make sure to do pull ups and chin ups). much thanks to Mehdi, and Bill Starr

Originally Posted by swervedriver View Post
    i dont get it. if youre just starting the program, why are you worried about doing 135 5x5? if you start with the empty bar like youre supposed to you wont be at 135 until i think week 10 or 11. dont screw with the program. do it like its written. im on week 8 of SL and im loving it. its getting VERY challenging. the first few weeks were ridiculously easy, but its during that time you should be focusing on perfecting your form. esp on squats and deads. good luck...SL 5x5 is a great program. you will definitely see a change in your physique (make sure to do pull ups and chin ups). much thanks to Mehdi, and Bill Starr
    the empty bar is warm up

tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tflee42 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know this has absolutely nothing to do with your question but i just wanted to add my 2 cents.. The "popular" kids who bullied in high school are always the ones that end up doing nothing with their lives and never leave town and end up being deadbeats who wear their high school letter jacket into their late 20s.. Dont let anything they have ever done get you down... Good luck on your bbing future!
    USMC '04-'08

"Milk is for babies, when you grow up you have to drink beer" Arnold

Originally Posted by tflee42 View Post
    I know this has absolutely nothing to do with your question but i just wanted to add my 2 cents.. The "popular" kids who bullied in high school are always the ones that end up doing nothing with their lives and never leave town and end up being deadbeats who wear their high school letter jacket into their late 20s.. Dont let anything they have ever done get you down... Good luck on your bbing future!
    thanks man

and anyone know if when your doing the back squat you gotta keep your knees perfectly straight and just move thighs

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by tflee42 View Post
    The "popular" kids who bullied in high school are always the ones that end up doing nothing with their lives and never leave town and end up being deadbeats who wear their high school letter jacket into their late 20s..

WAS IT ALL A LIE?

Beast Mode Required BeastModeReqd's Avatar
    BeastModeReqd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kogama View Post
    the empty bar is warm up
    ?? If you are just starting strong lifts you should be doing all 5 sets with just the bar on day 1. You don't even have to warm up until you get at least above 100lbs. I am on week 6 and squatting 120lbs now. I warm up with 2 sets of hindu squats then go straight into the 120lb sets. I will start warming up when i get to 135 or so and then i'll start warming up with the empty bar.