jyoung1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jyoung1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jyoung1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jyoung1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jyoung1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jyoung1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ACE certification

hey guys i have a quick question. I am going to take the ACE personal training certification exam in 2 weeks. I didnt buy any of the study material from them, but I am about to graduate college with a degree in exercise science. I've never taken a certification test before so I don't know what to expect and I dont want to set myself up for failure. Should I buy the study material? What should I expect on the exam?

Thanks for the help!
    Jon

ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am in my 3rd year of school working towards a degree in exercise science and just took the exam a few weeks ago (just got my cert in the mail today actually) i only bought the pt manual, you'll do fine on the basic anatomy and kinesiology stuff, but alot of the questions are regarding scope of practice, the ace training model, and objective questions you'll have a really hard time with having not read the pt manual. I would definitely pick that up I I were you
    Don't be upset with the results you didn't get, with the work you didn't do.

Follow along as I log DOMINION by Better Body Sports!!!! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145068311

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by ebbers91 View Post
    I am in my 3rd year of school working towards a degree in exercise science and just took the exam a few weeks ago (just got my cert in the mail today actually) i only bought the pt manual, you'll do fine on the basic anatomy and kinesiology stuff, but alot of the questions are regarding scope of practice, the ace training model, and objective questions you'll have a really hard time with having not read the pt manual. I would definitely pick that up I I were you
    yeah, go with the book and that should be all you need. i wouldnt waste your time on the practice tests

jyoung1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jyoung1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jyoung1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jyoung1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jyoung1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jyoung1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great thanks for your help guys!

AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlyseMcKee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, I took it a few months ago. You'll need to know some of the ACE specific stuff. So yes, get the book! The test is set up so you have a few hours to complete it, I didn't need that. I'm not sure how many people need 3 hours. Some questions on it are designed to make you think. You'll also look like a weirdo to other students (taking other tests!) in the testing center if you're like me and you have to stand up to do a movement and double check yourself, or flexing muscles, lol.
    Sagittal, Frontal, Transverse! Remember those, my exam had a lot of questions about those.

Also... GOOD LUCK!!
    Kettle Bells? Bulgarian Bags? Cross Fit? Eff Yeah, on it.