Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Day 9: Chest/Back/Traps

Notes:
    Today's workout was really solid. Hit a PR on Bent rows - Bench press is heavier (barbell/plates) at the new gym so couldn't really gauge it all too well. But am getting used to working out ON MY OWN again... LOL

Another early 0530 session - Good though. Get it done and then can work on the rest of the day

Still feeling strong and hard. Had a really good pump on too, so all is moving along smooth...

Photo up from week #6 of bulk (when I did the photoshoot)

Nick Ritchie
    NLP, Hypnotist, Online Fitness Coach

Join My 12 Week Transformation Program:

http://nickritchielive.com/transformation-program

The Female Terminator RosieCheeScott's Avatar
    RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nickdavid View Post
    Day 9: Chest/Back/Traps

Notes:
    Today's workout was really solid. Hit a PR on Bent rows - Bench press is heavier (barbell/plates) at the new gym so couldn't really gauge it all too well. But am getting used to working out ON MY OWN again... LOL

Another early 0530 session - Good though. Get it done and then can work on the rest of the day

Still feeling strong and hard. Had a really good pump on too, so all is moving along smooth...

Photo up from week #6 of bulk (when I did the photoshoot)

Chest/Back is going to be me later today, Nick - nice to be able to DO Bench again and slowly start working on strength!

I can see the changes you've made since I first met you in your upper body - you're only going to go FURTHER, Nick!

~Rosie~
    Writer • Athlete • Coach
    INSPIRATION ~ FITNESS ~ LIFESTYLE
    Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose.

nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickdavid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Day 10: Arms/Calves

Notes:
    SUPER PUMP! On this particular day, I use really low rest periods (30 seconds or so) and pick a heavy weight, and then head through the sets with the intention to get more reps than the prior week - Success again.

Ie, may be 45lb (20kg) Dumbbell curls for 12, 10, 8, 6 drop-set 6 reps = Huge pump!

So pretty high volume here - Good solid workout - Started at 7am and it took approx 1 hour or just below and was out of the gym ready to get some stuff out of the way and hit the beach for the day!

Originally Posted by RosieCheeScott View Post
    Chest/Back is going to be me later today, Nick - nice to be able to DO Bench again and slowly start working on strength!

I can see the changes you've made since I first met you in your upper body - you're only going to go FURTHER, Nick!

~Rosie~
    Glad to hear you can do bench again! FTW!

I believe so Rosie - Thanks for the encouragement and kind words.
    Nick Ritchie

NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NattyFLEX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Photo shoot pic looking good brother

But am getting used to working out ON MY OWN again...
    If your looking for someone to train with move to pic I hate havin to ask someone to spot me haha

RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Glad to hear you can do bench again! FTW!

I believe so Rosie - Thanks for the encouragement and kind words.
    Hope you're having fun at the beach, Nick!

Thanks - it's nice to be able to do everything again, even if my focus is more on function than strength or mass right now.

No worries - you know I'm ALWAYS going to be here to give it

~Rosie~
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 11: Shoulders/Traps

Notes:
    Casual Sunday session today - Now I know I've said I don't workout on a Sunday, however... Different circumstances today and even though I didn't give this session my 100% intensity as usual, I still gave it about 80% and finished all sets and took some very close to failure - AND increased in strength.

I don't feel it's important to use 100% intensity EVERY session UNLESS I'm preparing for something in particular - And even then, you run the risk of it back firing and losing energy and sacrificing your health in the process.

For me health is THE most important factor - And even though very occasionally I'll have a cheat meal of icecream or pizza etc, the main goal in mind is health and a part of being healthy (in both body and mind) is keeping a BALANCE between all areas of life.

You can't just devote your life to one area (say exercise) and expect to live a 100% happy life.

As Denis Waitley says, "Happiness comes from within. Like Diamonds, you must first find happiness from within and then cut and polish it to reveal it's true beauty."

We as people should always seek to develop, learn and explore new ideas and information.

Tomorrow is rest day

Have a great Sunday everyone!
    Nick Ritchie

Day 11: Shoulders/Traps

Notes:
    Casual Sunday session today - Now I know I've said I don't workout on a Sunday, however... Different circumstances today and even though I didn't give this session my 100% intensity as usual, I still gave it about 80% and finished all sets and took some very close to failure - AND increased in strength.

I don't feel it's important to use 100% intensity EVERY session UNLESS I'm preparing for something in particular - And even then, you run the risk of it back firing and losing energy and sacrificing your health in the process.

For me health is THE most important factor - And even though very occasionally I'll have a cheat meal of icecream or pizza etc, the main goal in mind is health and a part of being healthy (in both body and mind) is keeping a BALANCE between all areas of life.

You can't just devote your life to one area (say exercise) and expect to live a 100% happy life.

As Denis Waitley says, "Happiness comes from within. Like Diamonds, you must first find happiness from within and then cut and polish it to reveal it's true beauty."

We as people should always seek to develop, learn and explore new ideas and information.

Tomorrow is rest day

Have a great Sunday everyone!
    Nice, Nick

Everyone has different opinions and ideas when it comes to training. Re intensity, your 100% intensity one day is NOT going to be the same as your 100% intensity another day, and as long as the session has a purpose towards your goals and needs, your intensity is only ONE factor to take into account. Besides, some people NEED to push for the intensity EVERY single time, whilst others do not - there's that INDIVIDUALIZATION thing.

Health and overall fitness - definitely. That's pretty much the point of my training now, ever since I realized the difference and IMPORTANCE training plays in my functionality re physiology.

BALANCE is key, I will agree. Believe me, my life used to revolve around training and competition and that WAS my life. Hard as it was, and still in progress, I have learnt to look for and find and accept balance. That said, everyone has a different definition of "happiness" and what that means to them, so "balance" is also an individual thing.

We should ALWAYS be seeking to learn, yes!

Enjoy your rest day!

~Rosie~
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Just saying howdy, Nick As I give a celebratory cheer for the All Blacks! Hope your weekend has gone well and next week goes great!

~Rosie~
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Update

Notes:

1st day back in a while as I fell sick with a nasty head/body cold over the last week so took 7 days off from training - today was the first day back and when I got into the gym I just wasn't 'feelin' it, so I went and did 30 minutes cardio under the perth sun - Fast walk up and down hills etc

Was real nice and I got up quite a sweat. I'm going to work more on my cardiovascular health over the next week or two to build it back up and slowly increase my resistance session duration, as even today doing a couple of sets of stiff leg deads just took the wind out of me

Anyway, no biggie, it was just a head cold

Originally Posted by RosieCheeScott View Post
    Just saying howdy, Nick As I give a celebratory cheer for the All Blacks! Hope your weekend has gone well and next week goes great!

~Rosie~
    Looks like the All Blacks did well.
    Nick Ritchie

1st day back in a while as I fell sick with a nasty head/body cold over the last week so took 7 days off from training - today was the first day back and when I got into the gym I just wasn't 'feelin' it, so I went and did 30 minutes cardio under the perth sun - Fast walk up and down hills etc

. . .

Looks like the All Blacks did well.
    Ugh - I know how it feels to be sick like that, Nick (I could barely talk on Sunday from a sore throat and have struggled to get up the last few mornings from being sick, and had to do my training a lot later in the day than desired - took that long to "get it together" and "wake up" to have the energy for it). No fun at all, so glad you were smart and had some time off to recover, and are able to get back into it. Hope that the next week goes better for you and you come back better than before!

Yeah, they did - very proud of them!

~Rosie~
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 14: Chest/Triceps

Notes:
    First post in a while, just finished a chest/triceps workout followed by a shake and a walk up the beach-side - I didn't do the full workout volume, as I want to ease myself back into it. I think that makes only 3 training sessions this week - I really didn't want to push myself too hard this week. After all, training needs to incorporate MY lifestyle requirements, NOT training IS my lifestyle - I don't feel that's healthy at all.

Plenty of research already proves people who workout "too much" live shorter lives...

Anyway, finding balance while making progress.
    Nick Ritchie

Day 14: Chest/Triceps

Notes:
    First post in a while, just finished a chest/triceps workout followed by a shake and a walk up the beach-side - I didn't do the full workout volume, as I want to ease myself back into it. I think that makes only 3 training sessions this week - I really didn't want to push myself too hard this week. After all, training needs to incorporate MY lifestyle requirements, NOT training IS my lifestyle - I don't feel that's healthy at all.

Plenty of research already proves people who workout "too much" live shorter lives...

Anyway, finding balance while making progress.
    "Finding balance while making progress." Definitely how it should be, Nick. I used to be one of those people whose training WAS my lifestyle. Now, whilst it is still very important to me (if I didn't train, I wouldn't live long at all, and probably wouldn't be here today, honestly), it is a PART of my lifestyle.

I've also learnt to "ease" myself "back into" training. I'll join you in only having done three training sessions this week. It's still hard and whenever I "allow" a day off (I have been as sick as hell this week too, and nearly collapsed at work several times earlier on in the week), my head sees it as an "excuse" - so, we all have something to work on outside of training and in general, a constant "work in progress".

Anyways, nice to see you back at it - I hope you feel a million times better this week and training (and work) goes well for you

~Rosie~
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Just dropping in to say hi, Nick - hope you are feeling worlds better!...And to say that, yay, I finally was on the beach - so awesome and made me realize just how much I have missed it! Anyways, have the best of weeks, bud - God Bless!

~Rosie~
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Update:

Alright, over the last 8 weeks I successfully managed to get sick twice where both times put me in bed for 7 days. This thew my strength out each time and subsequently focusing on building business through Xmas and New Years had me put my training on the back burner with a maintenance program consisting of relatively low volume heavy weight.

Over the last few days I've been 'getting back into it' so will update soon once this week starts to gain some momentum.

Lot's going on at the moment.

Nick Ritchie

Nick Ritchie