Pigskin234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best type of supplement for a young athlete?

I play football and want to get even stronger and build more muscle mass.

Obviously, considering that I've been researching this topic and have been posting discussions on online message boards, I'm inexperienced with decent supplements (I take the typical protein settings, but not the stuff that requires a little knowledge).

I really need help finding a good supplement. I'm looking for a supplement that can help me build muscle mass and get stronger without losing my speed (I probably sound like a dork for saying that, but I just wanted to throw that out there).

I'm a defensive back (free safety/cornerback) and am currently running a 4.7 at 15 sitting at 5'9 but I feel like my core strength, power and strength isn't at the level that it should be. I'm currently working out two times a day, but I plan on doing it three times a day (weight training during school, then after school speed and agility work outs, and then work outs with a personal trainer to work on fast-twitch muscles).

I just want to be in the best shape possible, while building strength, mass and speed. I'm not asking for the supplement to do any of this alone, of course, which is why I'm working so much. I'm just wondering what could help with this process? Creatine? I'm not sure. Please help out.

powerlifting and stuff Big.Jazayrli's Avatar
    Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You aren't going to find alot of people to recommend supplements to 15 year olds here on these boards.

Your best bet is just to keep working out hard and eat to support your muscle gains.
    Picking things up and putting them down since '09

Originally Posted by Big.Jazayrli View Post
    You aren't going to find alot of people to recommend supplements to 15 year olds here on these boards.

Your best bet is just to keep working out hard and eat to support your muscle gains.
    Do you know anywhere I could go to actually get some answers? Because my trainer recommended them and my doctor had no objections so I'd really like to find out where to find out about it.

_______________________ kingnickandnate's Avatar
    kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Big.Jazayrli View Post

This.
    Just be active and eat right.
    RepRepRep

My Journal / overall log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151290483
    -Come check it out; reps to those who post.

Current Supplement Logs:
    iSatori Bio-Gro: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153731241

tunagainz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tunagainz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tunagainz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tunagainz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tunagainz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tunagainz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tunagainz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tunagainz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tunagainz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tunagainz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tunagainz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You certainly don't 'need' supplements to get stronger. There is no magical supplement that is going to make you look like Arnold. All you need is a clean diet, good workout routine and lots of sleep. The only time you need supplements is if you're deficient of something.

Protein supplements are good I guess since they are convenient, cheaper then buying meat and you don't need to do any cooking.
    Last edited by tunagainz; 01-29-2013 at 03:51 PM.

morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Working out more isn't the answer.
    The biggest gains happen during resting periods...working out 3 times a day is overkill. Putting all that stress on your body will actually hurt you over time/cause you to plateau.

Rest more, eat more.
    While I'd recommend against them at your age, you sound dead set on using supplements...
    so I'd recommend a decent fish oil and some creatine, maybe a multivitamin and whey protein depending on your diet.

Mack411 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mack411 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mack411 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mack411 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mack411 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mack411 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mack411 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mack411 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mack411 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mack411 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mack411 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Get your diet and training in check,then look into some fish oils,a good multi,and possibly some whey protein if you have trouble hitting your needed daily intake.Remember protein powder is a supplement,and you should always try to get your protein from whole food sources if possible.

Originally Posted by morningstaru View Post
    Working out more isn't the answer.
    The biggest gains happen during resting periods...working out 3 times a day is overkill. Putting all that stress on your body will actually hurt you over time/cause you to plateau.

Rest more, eat more.
    While I'd recommend against them at your age, you sound dead set on using supplements...
    so I'd recommend a decent fish oil and some creatine, maybe a multivitamin and whey protein depending on your diet.
    I'm not really burning out 3 times a day, I'm just working on my speed, agility, endurance and footwork after school. Is two times a day too much? I know I need a rest, but it's really important that I see my personal trainer and how many days should I take off? I work out Monday-Thurs.