trialcomplete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is buying BCAA'S worth it?

I saw the new chewable bcaa's and I thought that I'd see what they're all about. Are they really worth it? How much do they help? I have never taken bcaa's so I don't know how they work at all.Is it ok to take them at my age? my stats are below thanks for any responses

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    inbeforebetancourtrep

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    go w a powder like XF ICE.

LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000) LouB2010 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great to take during the ANABOLIC WINDOW!!!!!!!!! FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME ALREADY

bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000) bgben is just really nice. (+1000)
    I personally thing BCAA's are worth it. A lot of people don't thing they are cause you don't see immediate results from them. Its more of a long term building muscle supplement.
    P/RR/S
    NGA Natural Pro Body Builder
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder(4/10/2010)
    NPC/NGA Competitor
    AAEFX Board Rep and Natural Freak

_Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) _Translucency is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by trialcomplete View Post
    I saw the new chewable bcaa's and I thought that I'd see what they're all about. Are they really worth it? How much do they help? I have never taken bcaa's so I don't know how they work at all.Is it ok to take them at my age? my stats are below thanks for any responses
    I think their worth should be defined by a number of factors (your goals, your caloric intake, what you expect from them, how much money you are willing to spend, etc.).

Do I feel they are beneficial in certain situations? Certainly.
    Are they a necessity? No.
    His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead.

- James Joyce

ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A simple BCAA sup like RecoverPro or Xtend can be had for a very good price - and in my opinion, are beneficial during a calorie deficit or in between meals. That's when I supplement them. I also use Protocol post-workout, which has leucine and a few other goodies that significantly have helped me with recovery. It depends what your shopping for - a BCAA supp, an "intra" like Purple Wraath or Powershock, or a recovery drink. All may have BCAA/EAA/other goodies, so it depends on what your looking for in a supplement. An interesting read from an article by Chris Martinez:

Myth #1- Dude! You have to eat “X” amount of protein…

The myth we usually here about protein intake is, we have to eat an “X” amount of protein at each meal because only an “X” amount of protein can be absorbed by the body at a meal. Let this fabrication stop here, once and for all. The body has an extremely high capacity for amino acid absorption. Even if you absorb 100% of the amino acids from a meal containing protein, doesn’t mean it will all reach the skeletal muscle & induce muscle mass. In fact, a very small percentage is used for that role because other organs and tissues extract them and utilize them. Studies have shown that it appears that maximizing skeletal muscle protein synthesis requires approximately 15g of essential amino acids (EAA). It has been shown that the amino acid leucine is responsible for the stimulatory effect of muscle protein synthesis and 15g of EAA would contain 3.2g of leucine. For example, whey protein is 12% leucine; therefore, about 27g of whey protein would need to be consumed to reach that threshold for maximal anabolism. So really what it comes down to is the maximum benefit level for protein at a meal varies depending upon the source of protein and the leucine content at each meal. The bottom line is there is no set number to how much protein one should consume at each meal. Everyone’s body is different and if you have specific goals, your protein intake could vary. Shoot to eat your body weight in grams of protein daily. Example: If you’re 200 pounds, then have 200 grams of protein a day and divide that number by however many meals you eat a day. This is a good starting point and if you’re eating animal proteins this should get you over the leucine threshold.

1st place? My birth place PromKing's Avatar
    PromKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) PromKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) PromKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) PromKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) PromKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) PromKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) PromKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) PromKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) PromKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) PromKing will become famous soon enough. (+50) PromKing will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    please don't buy chewable anything. We get the chewable glutamine for free from our vendor from time to time and after about 3 of them it becomes chalky and absolutely horrible.
    Rise. Grind. Shine.

BTK - it is the only way.

Shots at the Throne. A journal of powerlifting, strongman and athletic training outdoors.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137160663&pagenumber=

585lb Squat - 375lb Bench - 565lb Deadlift

geronimo542 is on a distinguished road. (+10) geronimo542 is on a distinguished road. (+10) geronimo542 is on a distinguished road. (+10) geronimo542 is on a distinguished road. (+10) geronimo542 is on a distinguished road. (+10) geronimo542 is on a distinguished road. (+10) geronimo542 is on a distinguished road. (+10) geronimo542 is on a distinguished road. (+10) geronimo542 is on a distinguished road. (+10) geronimo542 is on a distinguished road. (+10) geronimo542 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I believe BCAA's r def a good thing to buy. As said before do not buy chewable ones. I feel the whole idea behind a BCAA is to take it intra workout and to constantly feed your muscles the aminos it needs in order to help prevent fatigue. If your muscles are less fatigued than you can possibly crank out those extra few reps you couldnt before. The chewable BCAA's kinda defeat this whole idea. This is how BCAA's are beneficial in the long term aspect. Dont expect to take them and grow just from ingesting them.

aflexaholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) aflexaholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) aflexaholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) aflexaholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) aflexaholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) aflexaholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) aflexaholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) aflexaholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) aflexaholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) aflexaholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) aflexaholic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Definitely worth it but only if you are training hard in the gym. If you slack on workouts there is no need to recover faster because you won't grow anyways! So train like an animal and recover like a pro! Then you will see results from BCAA's
    Become a Fan on our ******** and become eligible for Free giveaways, Special promotions, and ******** exclusive deals!!!

http://www.********.com/pages/Better-Body-Sports/148301508542835

Shop for Better Body Sports products

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/betterbodysports/betterbodysports.htm

Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500)
    Do it

Do it

Do it srsly

Detroit Hardcore Bros PeteyFunk's Avatar
    PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteyFunk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    http://i51.tinypic.com/2cnyq8m.jpg

But srsly, I would just recommend a bulk power, it's almost tasteless and i've been using it for a while and enjoy it, just throw in some crystal light for flavor if you wish.
    Welcome to The Pound.

JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50) JourneymanDave will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    - Powder, not chewables
    - They're worth it, taken intra-workout, on a cut or training fasted, but don't expect miracles
    - Your age is a non-factor, that's fine
    So you're saying you *want* it? Or you *wish* for it?

zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i been taking univerself beef aminos.. their good.

sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Chewables, powder, capsules...all good. BCAA's are excellent for all lifters whether looking to add muscle or keep it while dieting. And yes, quite safe!
    *CEO B Built International
    *Head of Social Media/Online Marketing/PR @ All American Pharmaceutical
    *Columnist for Iron Man, Natural Muscle and Muscleandfitness.com
    *Creator of the P/RR/S, FDF/FS and O-BEY-6 Training Systems
    *Trainer/Prep Coach to Athletes Globally

"Limits can be discussed, but in no way need be obeyed."

RelentlesFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlesFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlesFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlesFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlesFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlesFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlesFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlesFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlesFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlesFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10) RelentlesFreak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I also believe in BCAAs, i take them in between meals and when I'm about done with my workout before post workout meal. I want to try to stay anabolic (muscle building) all day. They have been around for a long time and are proven to help with muscle growth/recovery.
    PNI (Premium Nutraceuticals) Athlete http://pni-online.com/#!/splash-page
    Broser Built Athlete http://broserbuilt.com/
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME

cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If your in a caloric deficit and restricting your carbs, yes. If your in a caloric surplus and eating plenty of carbs, no. Carbs are a superior and preferred form of energy for the human body.
    Originally Posted by RelentlesFreak
    I want to try to stay anabolic (muscle building) all day.
    That's what whole food does.

wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    bcaa powder is def worth it if you hit the gym hard, and put a hurting on those muscles.. we're not talking about "going light day", talking about really putting a strain on the muscles.. drink it up and your recovery is alot faster and better.

poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) poyner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think BCAA's are a good supplement to take. They are great for contest prep and can also be used to spike your insulin levels if taken after a workout.

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PeteyFunk View Post
    http://i51.tinypic.com/2cnyq8m.jpg

But srsly, I would just recommend a bulk power, it's almost tasteless and i've been using it for a while and enjoy it, just throw in some crystal light for flavor if you wish.
    Ive used bulk powder back in 2002 when I first started getting into bodybuilding. They are nasty. Try Recoverpro 125 servings for 39.99! amazing flavors- lemon, and red raspberry http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/recoverpro.html

great bang for the buck, maybe the best right now!
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by PromKing View Post
    please don't buy chewable anything. We get the chewable glutamine for free from our vendor from time to time and after about 3 of them it becomes chalky and absolutely horrible.
    Hmm, I've had various chewies in my time that are damn good when cutting.

Mike
    ….