Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Juggernaut Nation Dip Thread

There have been lots of dips discussions going on recently so here is a thread to post ANY and ALL things related to Dips since a few have shown interest. Lets see the videos, pics, reps, weights, methods, advice and all things that Juggernauts do! If you have anything else cool that you'd like to share with the Juggernaut nation even if it's not dip related, feel free. It's more than welcomed!! Hammer strength dip machine, parallel bar dips, bench dips, assisted dips, one arm dips... Whatever you got, we wanna see it!

Lets not forget about the other Juggernaut community threads!

Juggernaut 1000 rep challenge - Posted by WildBill22 - this challenge will show you what Juggernauts are made of. There are several peppered in there to try out.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136599721

Juggernaut Groups - the groups are a great place to see everyone and give and get support!
    http://groups.bodybuilding.com/i_am_juggernaut

http://groups.bodybuilding.com/group_juggernaut

Let see some dip vids!!!
    Last edited by txfirefighter05; 08-29-2011 at 01:12 PM.

MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50)

First!! I'll be making another dip vid tonight when I hit back & tri's but it'll be of the weighted variety
    On a mission

I am Juggernaut Blog http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136524801

txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) txfirefighter05 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MrSimpson View Post

First!! I'll be making another dip vid tonight when I hit back & tri's but it'll be of the weighted variety
    Nice Simpson!! I knew you'd be one of the first to post! My vids coming up tonight. Carry on!

Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Brandon and Karone! I heart you guys times Juggernaut. Great idea on the thread, Brand. JohnB. should hit this thread hard since he's the king of dips in our Juggernaut fam. I guess I'll toss out my vid here despite my poor form. And Karone... good stuff, man. Good music. Good form. And lucky duck that you're able to workout without a shirt on!

P.S. - 5 starred the thread and subbed (duh)
    ♦Controlled Labs Sponsored Log (White Blood 2)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142175101
    ♦Infinite Labs Sponsored Log (Juggernaut)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137208523

http://www.youtube.com/user/SARAandKELLY

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Question Did someone say dips? :D

Here is some of my better work:

My goal is to eventual do 150#+BWx5 I am a good ways off at this point. Maybe Someday...
    Workout Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179207031

Originally Posted by Kelgogi View Post
    Brandon and Karone! I heart you guys times Juggernaut. Great idea on the thread, Brand. JohnB. should hit this thread hard since he's the king of dips in our Juggernaut fam. I guess I'll toss out my vid here despite my poor form. And Karone... good stuff, man. Good music. Good form. And lucky duck that you're able to workout without a shirt on!

There it is. I dont think they're that sloppy Kel. Still impressive my friend!!

Originally Posted by JohnButz View Post

My goal is to eventual do 150#+BWx5 I am a good ways off at this point. Maybe Someday...
    John's a stud! You are def the dip king around these parts. I didn't know you were gonna bring the rain! That is awesome!! Now we have something to shoot for. Question and this may have no relevance, but do you prefer to keep your legs straight or bent your knees when dipping? That seems to change my body position and makes a diff for me?

MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSimpson will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thanks Kel and dude I'd trade my form for your arms . The shirtless things is just a perks of being a gym employee I pull that move sometimes when I squat on the weekends The song is wicked "I'll make a man out of YYOOUU"
    On a mission

Originally Posted by txfirefighter05 View Post
    John's a stud! You are def the dip king around these parts. I didn't know you were gonna bring the rain! That is awesome!! Now we have something to shoot for. Question and this may have no relevance, but do you prefer to keep your legs straight or bent your knees when dipping? That seems to change my body position and makes a diff for me?
    John's dip king for now but I'm going to eat my vegetables, drink milk, and take JUGGERNAUT and shoot for the throne haha

If I may comment on the knee bend question B. I feel I have better control when I have straight legs cause my weight is under me evenly but I'm too tall and my feet touch the ground on most parallel bars I've come across so I have to bend the knees.
    On a mission

jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you guys let me use a dip machine Ill Join
    Infinite Labs Rep

....ANY and ALL things related to Dips....
    Let's see it Jordan!!

Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000) Kelgogi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dang-IT. John's 40 rep video. Alright, Juggies. Let's do this! Hahaha. No, not really... but soon maybe? Good on you, John!
    ♦Controlled Labs Sponsored Log (White Blood 2)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142175101
    ♦Infinite Labs Sponsored Log (Juggernaut)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137208523

http://www.youtube.com/user/SARAandKELLY

Anastazya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anastazya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anastazya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anastazya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anastazya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anastazya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anastazya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anastazya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anastazya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anastazya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anastazya will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So, is this where the cool boys are hanging out at now? lol

pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Good stuff. You know, I've only did one set is of the off-bench since I've started. I usually always preferred the dip machine.

Good stuff.

Originally Posted by JohnButz View Post

Pimp, nuff said. Anyone that can do their BW for either 1RM or multiples = monster.
    Visit my I AM A JUGGERNAUT CHALLENGE LOG thread

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137584343&page=1

*I am Juggernaut Group http://groups.bodybuilding.com/group_juggernaut
    *I am Juggernaut Forum http://forum.bodybuilding.com/group.php?groupid=35812

Redlinebiker07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redlinebiker07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redlinebiker07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redlinebiker07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redlinebiker07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redlinebiker07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redlinebiker07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redlinebiker07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redlinebiker07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redlinebiker07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redlinebiker07 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Anastazya View Post
    This is the breakaway....leaders of the pack. Females are welcome : ) they keep me motivated...

I can't say the same for ^^^

Originally Posted by Anastazya View Post
    Looks like there's cool girls in here too

jdech3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdech3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdech3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdech3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdech3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdech3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdech3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdech3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdech3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdech3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdech3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So in this entire thread, thus far the most correct form ive seen on dips is from JohnButz. the only thing i'd correct is say keep your head up.
    His depth is perfect, the main goal of a dip is to get your biceps to touch your forearms. if you think about it, a dip is like an extension except on a different angle, so why bother doing short range, half repped dips if the form is way off.
    in order to properly get a workout, you want to get a full stretch on the tricep. so keep those elbows close and that head up and dip. 4

as for bench dips, again, the deeper the better. but depending on which head of the tri you want to workout, it changes the hand positioning (closer or wider)

happy dipping!

TMcDermid is just really nice. (+1000) TMcDermid is just really nice. (+1000) TMcDermid is just really nice. (+1000) TMcDermid is just really nice. (+1000) TMcDermid is just really nice. (+1000) TMcDermid is just really nice. (+1000) TMcDermid is just really nice. (+1000) TMcDermid is just really nice. (+1000) TMcDermid is just really nice. (+1000) TMcDermid is just really nice. (+1000) TMcDermid is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have to get in on this. I have to start recording my workouts! Looking good boys.

Originally Posted by jdech3 View Post
    So in this entire thread, thus far the most correct form ive seen on dips is from JohnButz. the only thing i'd correct is say keep your head up.
    His depth is perfect, the main goal of a dip is to get your biceps to touch your forearms. if you think about it, a dip is like an extension except on a different angle, so why bother doing short range, half repped dips if the form is way off.
    in order to properly get a workout, you want to get a full stretch on the tricep. so keep those elbows close and that head up and dip. 4

as for bench dips, again, the deeper the better. but depending on which head of the tri you want to workout, it changes the hand positioning (closer or wider)

happy dipping!
    Excellent advice!

J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_Dieter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OK, I just have to do this one thing....

DIP SETS!!.....killa....

That is all, carry on.
    --- Blankety Blank Blank ---

Originally Posted by J_Dieter View Post
    OK, I just have to do this one thing....

DIP SETS!!.....killa....

That is all, carry on.
    You crack me up J

Not using as much weight as Kel and sure as hell not as much as John lol. 45lb plate + BW(200lb) But here's my first foray into the world of weighted dips... clearly there is much work to be done.
    On a mission

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Not using as much weight as Kel and sure as hell not as much as John lol. 45lb plate + BW(200lb) But here's my first foray into the world of weighted dips... clearly there is much work to be done.
    Awesome Job Mr. S.!
    Workout Log:

Look at those arms! Holy Hell! Kel has some of the best arms on the site.
    Workout Log:

Finally got in the gym to make a vid today. Remembered near the end of my workout that I needed to do one, so I alternated arms and dips to warm up for some more dips of the weighted variety. First dip vid ever. My back's been tight lately, but I just did it anyways. I did a set prior to this one with just a 45lb plate to warm up some more. Better vid next time.

100 lbs only 4 reps

Looking like a Juggeanut in this my friend!!

Finally got in the gym to make a vid today. Remembered near the end of my workout that I needed to do one, so I alternated arms and dips to warm up for some more dips of the weighted variety. First dip vid ever. My back's been tight lately, but I just did it anyways. I did a set prior to this one with just a 45lb plate to warm up some more. Better vid next time.

100 lbs only 4 reps
    Sweeeetttt B! No one can complain on your form man stellar! I think you might have a rep or 2 left in ya bro
    On a mission

Sweeeetttt B! No one can complain on your form man stellar! I think you might have a rep or 2 left in ya bro
    Maybe. I was pretty smoked from doing my actual workout and a bunch of BW reps. I think I'll try again when my back is feeling good and I'm fresher. Get ready for some more vids of a different dip variety. Going for a PR on Hammer strength dips

100 lbs only 4 reps
    Outstanding!!!
    Workout Log:

pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pappaseb1117 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Maybe. I was pretty smoked from doing my actual workout and a bunch of BW reps. I think I'll try again when my back is feeling good and I'm fresher. Get ready for some more vids of a different dip variety. Going for a PR on Hammer strength dips
    Sounds like excuses to me, lol, j/k. Good stuff mate. I recorded my dips @ 90lbs after deadlifts but forgot to grip the plates between my legs until like the final two reps which cause imbalance.

Good thing you mentioned dip variety as there's one where I do that hits the chest/triceps secondly- it's like a more of a swinging dips the the upper chest very well- I dunno if you tried it or anyone else? It's pimp. During the contraction your chest are pointing directly downward. Definitely a killer.

Hopefully, I'll have a chance to record this week.

How you been?
    Visit my I AM A JUGGERNAUT CHALLENGE LOG thread

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137584343&page=1

*I am Juggernaut Group http://groups.bodybuilding.com/group_juggernaut
    *I am Juggernaut Forum http://forum.bodybuilding.com/group.php?groupid=35812