propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) propagandruw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Diet Help - Shift Worker

I know this has probably been asked a thousand times and there's articles and posts everywhere, but I need some help. I've never been a bad eater but never a great eater as well. I know diet is the most important thing when trying to lose weight and gain muscle so I'm turning to all the experts on here for help.

I work shift work so eating patterns are next to impossible to keep. If I'm working nights I may sleep till 2 in the afternoon or until 4-5 before work. Then when working nights, I'm never all that hungry but try and put something in me every break.

Wondering if anyone knows the best things to put into a meal plan for someone like myself. I want to eat healthy, but know I'll cheat here and there. Especially on nights when going to the cafe and grabbing something that's easy.. even when I bring my own stuff :S

I'm looking for great meals, snacks, quick and easy meals. Any info, links, ideas, and help is appreciated. I'm looking to lose some weight and build muscle. I know I won't "lose" weight if I'm adding muscle at the same time, but at least I'll be getting rid of the flabby bad weight.

I'm still doing my own research and looking on here, but it's hard to know what's the best. So many different pieces of information that contradict each other out there! haha

Thanks for the help in advance.

Cheers all!

IGF1-Akt-mTor1/2 Brah braggable's Avatar
    braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1) Calculate your daily macro/cal needs using this: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

2) Use any foods you enjoy to meet those needs.

3) Eat whenever you have the time to - meal timing is not relevant.
    The above statement/post does not represent the opinions of anyone in real life. This is the internet. Not real life. Anyone who cannot grasp the difference between the two lacks the basic intelligence necessary for survival and should not be allowed to form opinions.

thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^ this. I work a mix of nights and days, and also go to school.

What I do: I pack meals/snacks for work, keep snacks/sandwiches in my bag for school. I eat when I can. Sometimes I do kinda have to just sit down and make myself eat. Sometimes I'm hungry, sometimes I'm not. But I know if I don't eat when I can on my break - I'll be starving within the next 2 hours and become a miserable beeyatch at work. So I just eat something small and calorie dense. As long as you get the cals/macros, it doesn't really make a difference. .
    I have a vagina so its not my fault I'm a pussy.

There's always room for one more blade, there's always strength for one last breath.

"boulder shoulders" fade2green514's Avatar
    fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fade2green514 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by thecityignites View Post
    ^ this. I work a mix of nights and days, and also go to school.

What I do: I pack meals/snacks for work, keep snacks/sandwiches in my bag for school. I eat when I can. Sometimes I do kinda have to just sit down and make myself eat. Sometimes I'm hungry, sometimes I'm not. But I know if I don't eat when I can on my break - I'll be starving within the next 2 hours and become a miserable beeyatch at work. So I just eat something small and calorie dense. As long as you get the cals/macros, it doesn't really make a difference. .
    i love your signature

btw im a shift worker also, i eat at a restaurant though so i just eat stuff from there. eggs, turkey slices, and all sorts of other stuff. i tend to pick at the green olives and tomatoes, and sometimes a pepperoncini , mmm delish