stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Still sore, can't hardly move..Why?

About four days ago I was extremely excited because I finally got a gym membership and a CAR so that I could haul my ass to that gym every day and start lifting actively.

So the first day I went, I did some Chest/Biceps machines and was pushing myself extremely hard, and was there for about 90 minutes.

I woke up the next day and was EXTREMELY sore (maybe just because I hadn't ever worked out like that before?) so I decided to make that day Legs/Abs workouts. So I worked my butt off again doing leg & ab exercises, planning on doing arms again the next day.

But the next day came, and I was still sore as hell (not legs or abs at all, only arms..) to the point where I could hardly get milk out of the fridge. It's on both arms in the same spots and the 'side' of my chest I guess, on both sides.. So I was like **** it, it'll be my rest day (planned on taking two a week). So I didn't do anything besides about 30 minutes of cardio on a treadmill in my house.

^That was yesterday..now it's been like 3 days since my arms workout and I still feel just as sore as I did when I woke up the day after doing all that..It hasn't died down a bit.. I'm wondering, how the hell is it still so sore and how long do you think it'll take before I can hit the gym again? I don't want this to happen every time I lift!

If it matters, I'm taking two protein shakes a day with 30-40g of protein in each of them, and I'm also trying the 'loading stage' of creatine mono, and have been taking 20g of it for the past 4 days as people have been recommending.

Strong just got Stronger 7399martyn's Avatar
    7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    if you arent accustomed to exercise youll get sore longer.
    Powerlifter at PTC Performance Training Centre

661 squat, 385 bench, 705 deadlift, 1752lb total.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVx1ANJc7lc

stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stansmithky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sooo for the first couple weeks it'd be a good idea to have a lot more 'rest days' on my routine?

nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000) nainchik is just really nice. (+1000)
    No. What's your routine so people can tell more advice?

Strong just got Stronger 7399martyn's Avatar
    7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    no, your workouts should start easy and slowly progress in difficulty. That way you will hardly feel sore. Also, the lower your frequency, the more sore youll feel. Youll feel more sore doing 9 sets of squats once a week, than you will doing 3 sets of squats 3 times a week.
    Powerlifter at PTC Performance Training Centre

661 squat, 385 bench, 705 deadlift, 1752lb total.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVx1ANJc7lc

I don't do squats, bench press, deadlifts, etc..The gym I go to only has like one spot for each of those and there's always a line of people waiting to use that stuff and they're all huge, they'd probably get really annoyed if I went up there and could barely do bar on a bench press lol ~_~ I stick to the machines or w/e.

So since I'm just starting out I should do more 10-12 rep things instead of trying to push out 6-8 reps on those machines?

The routine I was planning on following from day one:
    Chest/Bi/Shoulders
    Legs/Abs
    Back/Tri
    Rest/Cardio
    (repeat)

But obviously that hasn't worked out with all these days of me having to rest because I'm too sore to lift :/

big bumpin