areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Post Diet Sensitivity to Foods

I've posted here and there, so some of you may know that I've been reverse dieting slowly after my show, which was 2 weeks ago.

As of when I last checked, I was about 3-5 (Real) pounds over contest weight, but sometimes I clock in as high as 10-12 pounds over (obvi water), and this is what I my question is about.

I've noticed that even though my macros are relatively in check, if I may eat a bit more than usual in a single sitting, I'm getting EXTREMELY bloated and hold a lot of water VERY quickly, especially in the abdomen region. There's no way I'm gaining too much fat as calories aren't too high yet, currently sitting at 1900. I realize a little bit is inevitable, but with calories so low, IF I even gained any, it's a small fraction. So my concern is more so aimed at how sensitive my body is to such a small influx of food and why I'm getting so bloated so quickly.

How long after an intense diet does the body take to regulate itself and stop being so damn sensitive? The bloat is killing me!

Side Note: I'm not claiming I have been a reverse diet saint. I have had 2 or 3 small mini-binges, equaling about 1000-1200 calories each. While that's not that much macronutrient wise, I'm blowing up like a whale after these.
    Fat to Fit to Fat to Bodybuilder

2011 OCB Presidential Cup:
    1st in Debut
    1st in Novice Lightweight
    2nd in Open Middleweight

bbforlife9123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbforlife9123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbforlife9123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbforlife9123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbforlife9123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbforlife9123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbforlife9123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbforlife9123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbforlife9123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbforlife9123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's more of a question to add on to yours but may still help. Considering is sound like u are trying to stay lean, and slowly get back up, could it be the fact of sodium intake? Since maybe your body isn't used to high intakes of sodium (such as in cheat meals), Maybe it's just your body bloating up fast. and since u are still lean, not only do u feel it, but it would show. Just a thought. Hope this helps.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That doesnt sound like a lot of food to bloat you. Were you running a keto diet or very low in carbs??
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    That doesnt sound like a lot of food to bloat you. Were you running a keto diet or very low in carbs??
    that was my first thought

last time i really tried ti INTENSELY diet i ended at around 1650 cals (scary i know), and after that i was extremely sensitive to foods as well. it could just be that you were so low in cal's that your body is in a state of flux... i mean in theory a guy your size will have a BMR of around 1900, and when you add exercise on top of that and eat less than that you make things just that much harder on the body. i could be wrong with all this, though, so take it with a grain of salt.
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    your body may be missing some digestive enzymes from removing certain foods from your diet. You can buy enzymes cheap and eat them with your meal to see if that helps. I use them sometimes and just started using Lactaid for dairy, makes me much happier.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50) domingochavez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I was low carb dieting last year, 60g max per day, a certain type of soy sauce would bloat me up really badly for 24 hours. Would seriously look like I was pregnant!

Would say it's the type of foods you're introducing and their sodium content.

Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Melina81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Something similar is happening to me - although I did not eliminate anything (minus dairy 2 days prior to the show as a precaution) and did a very slow reverse diet between my shows and post show ( between shows was 2 months and it's been a month since my last show). After my last show (and I did not binge or cheat) I began to experience stomach discomfort with weight gain (it feels like I ate a bag of rocks???). My stomach is also really distended and when I eat it becomes very uncomfortable at times. I went to see the doctor yesterday and they pretty much told me we gain weight in the midsection as we age (I am 30) and gave me antacids.

areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50) areya2005 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bbforlife9123 View Post
    It's more of a question to add on to yours but may still help. Considering is sound like u are trying to stay lean, and slowly get back up, could it be the fact of sodium intake? Since maybe your body isn't used to high intakes of sodium (such as in cheat meals), Maybe it's just your body bloating up fast. and since u are still lean, not only do u feel it, but it would show. Just a thought. Hope this helps.
    I guess I'm eating more types of foods now, including those that are processed, yet keeping it in my macros. I could definitely see added sodium, but not purposefuly.

Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Pretty low...I was at about 1450 calories per day with around 80g carbs per day with a refeed once per week. I started my reverse diet at 125g carbs and 2 weeks after, I'm now at 175g per day. I'm still feeling semi bloated though, but I have noticed the feeling is decreasing slowly. I guess I'm wondering how long it will take to balance out.

Furthermore, I've only put on about 5 pounds from a VERY depleted weigh-in weight, so I know a lot of it is water and glycogen, but I look so much softer than when I was 165 during the diet. Any thoughts on that?

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    your body may be missing some digestive enzymes from removing certain foods from your diet. You can buy enzymes cheap and eat them with your meal to see if that helps. I use them sometimes and just started using Lactaid for dairy, makes me much happier.
    That sounds like a good plan actually. How long does it take to "rebuild" these emzymes, if that's even possible?
    Fat to Fit to Fat to Bodybuilder

2011 OCB Presidential Cup:
    1st in Debut
    1st in Novice Lightweight
    2nd in Open Middleweight