Brad G.’s 2014 Contest Prep Journal
1. Get in the best condition of my life.
2. Gain the experience of what it takes to go through prep and get on stage.
3. Give myself a picture of what I will need to beat 2-3 years from now.
- “Lifted” in college, mostly 4 days per week/1 body part
- Post college got semi-serious about training, tried “eating clean”
- On & off the wagon for 4 years. Chicken and brown rice. Over and Over. Bleh.
- Couldn’t stick to a diet. A lot of binging. I mean, a LOT.
- Still, decided in October 2012 that I wanted to compete if I could clean it up.
- Plan: Take one year to live the lifestyle, then do a prep if I’ve made it that far.
- Began following a handful of YouTubers.
- Looked up IIFYM. Maybe there was a better way…
That brought me to February of this year. I began working with Eric Helms of Team 3DMJ. Wow. All I can say is Eric has gone way beyond what I would have expected from a coach. Since our first skype session, I’ve sent and received countless emails to Eric. I did two powerlifting meets under his direction and had a blast. I was thrilled to hear that he would be doing my contest prep.
The Actual Prep/Contest Plans
-I’ll be competing twice in 2014, in May and July.
-I’m running a legs-push-pull program.
-Current weight is just under 180lbs.
-Current macros to start this cut are 190p/225c/60f with one refeed per week.
-Beginning with 800kcal of cardio each week.
Officially 24 & 34 weeks out. Let’s do this!!
**Also, drop me a line to sub to your logs. I'm still finding my way around this forum and subbing.