azHunterX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Upper-Mid back Pain...Lower making sounds while walking...

So, I've been lifting for a few months now...all compound movements...All of a sudden, this week I've a gradual ache in my mid spinal region...I suspect it's due to the standing military press or the heavy leg pressing i did last week (I mostly use proper form and cheat rarely on reps)...Now my back's all sore towards the top, right below the traps, like I had an upper-back workout...And the mid-upper spine has a dull ache...

And to add to my confusion, my lower back sometimes makes clicking sounds when I walk...However, the pain's not severe...I can bend over and run and play without feeling anything...I only feel it when i'm sitting idle or paying attention to the back while walking...The shoulders feel a little tight in the morning, but that's all...

Coud I have herniated a disc or something?...I'm on an off-week for now...maybe for the next week as well, till my back gets fit...

I visited a doc today, btw...and he seems to have found nothing wrong...got a couple of painkillers and have a x-ray due tomorrow...any suggestion or advice on the situation?

karl.viger is on a distinguished road. (+10) karl.viger is on a distinguished road. (+10) karl.viger is on a distinguished road. (+10) karl.viger is on a distinguished road. (+10) karl.viger is on a distinguished road. (+10) karl.viger is on a distinguished road. (+10) karl.viger is on a distinguished road. (+10) karl.viger is on a distinguished road. (+10) karl.viger is on a distinguished road. (+10) karl.viger is on a distinguished road. (+10) karl.viger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by azHunterX View Post
    So, I've been lifting for a few months now...all compound movements...All of a sudden, this week I've a gradual ache in my mid spinal region...I suspect it's due to the standing military press or the heavy leg pressing i did last week (I mostly use proper form and cheat rarely on reps)...Now my back's all sore towards the top, right below the traps, like I had an upper-back workout...And the mid-upper spine has a dull ache...

And to add to my confusion, my lower back sometimes makes clicking sounds when I walk...However, the pain's not severe...I can bend over and run and play without feeling anything...I only feel it when i'm sitting idle or paying attention to the back while walking...The shoulders feel a little tight in the morning, but that's all...

Coud I have herniated a disc or something?...I'm on an off-week for now...maybe for the next week as well, till my back gets fit...

I visited a doc today, btw...and he seems to have found nothing wrong...got a couple of painkillers and have a x-ray due tomorrow...any suggestion or advice on the situation?
    Doesn't sound like a disc herniation to me since you haven't describe any neurological symptoms. What it does sound like is one of your vertebrae is either stuck or mildly rotated. Often this goes away on its own (But can be quite painful since the rest of the back and hips are forced to compensate). If it persists or the pain changes or becomes greater, I would strongly suggest seeing a mckenzie certified physiotherapist or an osteopath with a good reputation. I would avoid chiro's as well as strangers (IRL or on the net) telling you or trying to assist you since they could cause damage.

Keep me posted!
    Last edited by karl.viger; 08-26-2011 at 08:29 AM.
    Yours in health,

Karl Viger

Trainer - Author - Teacher

http://www.onsite-fitness.net

azHunterX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by karl.viger View Post
    Doesn't sound like a disc herniation to me since you haven't describe any neurological symptoms. What it does sound like is one of your vertebrae is either stuck or mildly rotated. Often this goes away on its own (But can be quite painful since the rest of the back and hips are forced to compensate). If it persists or the pain changes or becomes greater, I would strongly suggest seeing a mckenzie certified physiotherapist or an osteopath with a good reputation. I would avoid chiro's as well as strangers (IRL or on the net) telling you or trying to assist you since they could cause damage.

Keep me posted!
    Thanks...I'm awaiting my x-ray report...The spine has improved a little but the muscle soreness remains along with the lower-back clicking...I hope it heals by the next few days...