Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Feeling washed out, no motivation, lifts going down...

Hi guys,

for two weeks I have been doing Bulgarian inspired set rep scheme- working up to a daily PR and then some drop off sets. I've been doing squats 6x a week, bench press and pull ups twice a week, military press, cnj, snatch, push press etc. once a week. In this two weeks I have absolutely shattered every possible PR, the progress was just great.

But of course it ended pretty soon- since Sunday I've been feeling pretty down, no motivation and my lifts have been decreasing which is all pretty depressing... Now, I've read about this happening and every time it says to just work through it. The thing is my legs don't really feel shut down, at least not much more than before. I feel just as strong, except... washed out, without any motivation. Also, I have developed a bit of a cold in these days so I am not even sure if this is really what is happening to me. How can I be sure?

Now, my question is directed to the people who already went through this- do you really get out stronger? And when you get out can you do the same volume and progress just as you did before this happened, or do you have to increase the volume to improve. Because, if you have to increase the volume, than I guess this will happen again... and if that is true, than what is the point?

Oh, and if you're thinking about under recovery I don't think that is the case, since I am eating a lot (3700-4200kCal, I have 80kg), sleeping a lot (9-11h) and this things haven't changed recently.

I hope I was understood,
    Thanks!

EseVato will become famous soon enough. (+50) EseVato will become famous soon enough. (+50) EseVato will become famous soon enough. (+50) EseVato will become famous soon enough. (+50) EseVato will become famous soon enough. (+50) EseVato will become famous soon enough. (+50) EseVato will become famous soon enough. (+50) EseVato will become famous soon enough. (+50) EseVato will become famous soon enough. (+50) EseVato will become famous soon enough. (+50) EseVato will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cliffs?

Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prevtzer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EseVato View Post
    Cliffs?
    -2 weeks of Bulgarian style
    -shattering PR's
    -suddenly drop in performance, no motivation, feeling washed out, developed a bit of a cold
    -wondering if it's really the dark times, will I get out of it stronger, will I progress as just before this

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yeah this happened a lot for me doing the program more often then hitting prs. Eventually my body started breaking down after a few months-injuries- and that combined with feeling horrible all the time made me change to a new program. But yeah you need to keep just working out most of the time your going to feel bad but once in awhile you'll hit a pr even when you feel bad.
    updated 2011
    Hw-Alistair overeem, Brock lesnar, Sergei Kharitonov
    Lhw-jon jones, Gegard Mousasi, Lyoto machida
    Mw-Chael sonnen, Yushin Okami, Ronaldo souza
    ww-Jake shields, Ben Askren, Josh Koscheck
    lw-Bj penn, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Eddie Alvarez
    fw-jose aldo, Hatsu Hioki, Kenny Florian
    bw-Urijah Faber

Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm kind of going through the same thing. I set some PRs back in March and haven't been able to come within 10kg of them. There are plenty of distractions going on in life that can hinder your training. You'd be surprised how stress and the wrong mindset can really set you back.

My only advice is to keep going and stay focused. Maybe add something different to your training to give your mind something fresh. For me, it was adding a short metabolic conditioning workout 2-3x a week in addition to lifting. My numbers are finally starting to climb back up and I'm feeling better all around. Sometimes it's good to change things up a bit.

Olympic Lifter & Coach GqArtguy's Avatar
    GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Drop the fluff (bench, pullups, etc.)and keep the squats and OL. Youll still feel like you do later on but at that point, just train through it, itll go away after a while (could be a few weeks or 1-2 months) but it will go away.
    Olympic Lifting Coach

My Demo Vids and some training:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mhbuitrago

skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50) skuraishi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    going through that right now. i had a comp on the 20th and i started feeling down about 2 weeks before that. right now i'm just taking it easy and only working on snatch and c&j. going through everything thing in my head and just mentally pumping myself up. i start next week on a new program so i'm motivating myself and thinking of all the huge gains i'll get before the next comp. i've got a slight cold as well and my upper back is hurting something fierce right now but i'm just gonna give 'er and see where that gets me. good luck and know that it'll get better soon.

LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LudiWithKnives is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    deload? when was your last one? personally since ive started weightlifting i hadnt needed to deload as quickly as when i was powerlifting (every 4-5 weeks) and now its like 6-8 weeks or even longer
    .........(july 23, 2010)
    Bench 200
    Squat 335
    Deadlift 375

Snatch/CnJ 84kg/108.5kg (sept 23, 2011)

ATG 134kg
    FS 120kg

get jacked, squat rack
    do rows; working on your back

doievenlift.tumblr.com

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ELE2 CREW FOUNDER

gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    it's just the natural cycle of training. push through it. still attempt to give 100%. last week i was almost cleaning 160kgs, successfully doing 155kgs, snatching 120+, backsquatting 185 x 3, front squatting 170x1 easy.. this week i am failing 110 snatches, 130 clean and jerks, only backsquatting 180x1 (very hard), front squatting 160x1. it has to happen. you bounce out of it

batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    could be also cold. are you taking enough vitamines? glycosamine?
    start taking these pro your joints (specially knees). and could be you are just tired and need some rest.
    This happens only not with that program. but with every program out there.
    Maybe you started this way too fast? like u increased from 3 days workout to 6 days workout way too soon and your body is not ready to adopt that.

Also what the others said about going through the same phase. its normal that when you overuse your body and bring it to the stress out of nowhere, it will break down. Be careful with that and remind yourself what you are lifting for. Are you amateur lifter or are you professional lifter.

If you are amateur, then you dont need to lift that often. 3-5 per week is fine. 3 gives great results strenght wise, but i personally prefer 4-5, depending on what my goals are.

I worked out a lot last year and i didnt take break or anything, even when i was sick. and i think there were many bad things hitting me at the same time and i developed nodosum erythema last december. Docs thought it was the strepth throat that got further, combined with overworking or taking my body to some horrible stress.

what im trying to say is be careful and listen what your body tells u. Imo it isnt enjoyable to lift when you are tossed out and totally sucked out of energy! Skip few days and/or modify your plan!
    NB! If i accidentally neg you or forget to rep back, pm me :3

Thanks for the answers, I think I am starting to get better now, Friday's practice was the best of this week, we'll see how today's goes.

@batmannu
    I've been training 3 times a week, after that 4, 5, 5 with more volume and now 6. I am a complete amateur but I really like lifting, so 6x a week doesn't seem that bad to me. I take a lot of vitamins, I take glucosamine for about a month here and there- as a precautionary matter.

Thanks!

batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) batmannu has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Prevtzer View Post
    Thanks for the answers, I think I am starting to get better now, Friday's practice was the best of this week, we'll see how today's goes.

@batmannu
    I've been training 3 times a week, after that 4, 5, 5 with more volume and now 6. I am a complete amateur but I really like lifting, so 6x a week doesn't seem that bad to me. I take a lot of vitamins, I take glucosamine for about a month here and there- as a precautionary matter.

Thanks!
    thats great to hear. just be careful with your joints, that's all. also its okay to skip a day.. specially when you are not feeling so well.
    shouldnt you be taking glycosamine like 6 months in a row????
    NB! If i accidentally neg you or forget to rep back, pm me :3

totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50)

@batmannu

Thanks!
    if you are COMPLETE amateur i do not advise doing bulgarian inspired things. you shouldn't be maxing out often, your work should be in developing your technique.

Originally Posted by totgeburt View Post
    if you are COMPLETE amateur i do not advise doing bulgarian inspired things. you shouldn't be maxing out often, your work should be in developing your technique.
    Yes, of course. I forgot to say that I do Olympic lifts under supervision with a bar or light weight. I will not add up kilos until my technique is adequate- CnJ is going pretty well, snatch is a bigger problem...

totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) totgeburt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, of course. I forgot to say that I do Olympic lifts under supervision with a bar or light weight. I will not add up kilos until my technique is adequate- CnJ is going pretty well, snatch is a bigger problem...
    that isn't bulgarian, you are just training everyday. in bulgarian you max out on each lift everyday (try to multiple times a day).
    keep it up on technique work, it'll pay off.

that isn't bulgarian, you are just training everyday. in bulgarian you max out on each lift everyday (try to multiple times a day).
    keep it up on technique work, it'll pay off.
    I know, I wrote Bulgarian inspired set rep scheme, not the whole program.

I know, I wrote Bulgarian inspired set rep scheme, not the whole program.
    yes but it's not even bulgarian inspired, most countries train daily.

yes but it's not even bulgarian inspired, most countries train daily.
    OK, then it's just working up to a daily max and doing some back off sets- 5x5, 6x4, 8x3. Except on Olympic lifts, where it's mostly technique work with lighter weights.

Thumbs up

Anyway, whatever it was it is gone. Started feeling better on Sunday and my lifts are going up again since. I'm going back to breaking PR's!

Anyway, whatever it was it is gone. Started feeling better on Sunday and my lifts are going up again since. I'm going back to breaking PR's!
    see, over-training is a myth

see, over-training is a myth
    I've always believed that, great to see it happen on yourself!