iTJi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iTJi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iTJi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iTJi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iTJi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iTJi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iTJi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Lat Pulldown Question !

i was wondering if i wanted a big back and basically like a V-Taper, or wings or whatever im not sure what its called, should i do close grip lat pull downs or wide grip pulldowns ?
    Starting Weight - 120
    Current - 160
    Target - 200

"A beginner does eight repetitions of a certain exercise with his maximum weight on the barbell. As soon as it hurts, he thinks about stopping. I work beyond this point, which means I tell my mind that as soon as it starts aching it is growing." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

L6aiF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by iTJi View Post
    i was wondering if i wanted a big back and basically like a V-Taper, or wings or whatever im not sure what its called, should i do close grip lat pull downs or wide grip pulldowns ?
    do both

RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wide grip incorporates the lats more

iTJi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iTJi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iTJi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iTJi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iTJi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iTJi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iTJi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    alrightyyy thanks boys, plus reps
    Starting Weight - 120
    Current - 160
    Target - 200

"A beginner does eight repetitions of a certain exercise with his maximum weight on the barbell. As soon as it hurts, he thinks about stopping. I work beyond this point, which means I tell my mind that as soon as it starts aching it is growing." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josefff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Rows and pullups.
    Maxes at end of pyramid sets
    Dead: 405x5
    DB bench: 80x5
    ATG Squat: 315
    Chinups with 45lb weight: 6

6'-150lbs

Ruptured disk crew
    Herniated disk crew
    Still lifting crew

penorisbiggerthanmyagebrah
    Best brahname ever by zachbrah

ChubbyMussels is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChubbyMussels is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChubbyMussels is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChubbyMussels is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChubbyMussels is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChubbyMussels is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChubbyMussels is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChubbyMussels is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChubbyMussels is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChubbyMussels is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChubbyMussels is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Rows, Pullups (Wider grip = more lat activationg) lat pulldown, deadlift (Small portion of lat bigger portion of lower back) Seated cable rows to chest. back extensions for lower back.
    Fat loss log : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134093811

Training log : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137485853&p=739105083#post739105083

iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPwNy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ChubbyMussels View Post
    Rows, Pullups (Wider grip = more lat activationg) lat pulldown, deadlift (Small portion of lat bigger portion of lower back) Seated cable rows to chest. back extensions for lower back.
    This, add weight to your pullups if you can do more than 10

jos360 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jos360 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jos360 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jos360 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jos360 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jos360 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jos360 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jos360 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Wide grip = wide lats
    Close grip = thick lats

for wings, go wide

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You don't need to go very wide for maximum width, remember that the further away your hands are from each other when doing pull-ups, the lesser the range of motion. IMO you should do pullups though.

Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhemre will become famous soon enough. (+50)

NXDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) NXDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) NXDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) NXDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) NXDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) NXDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) NXDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) NXDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) NXDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) NXDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) NXDE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pull ups + wide grip pulldowns = win.
    Currently Bulking.
    155/200 lbs.

Whatever the mind can concieve and believe, the mind can achieve.

YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50) YeahNahBto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Like someone else said .. Wide grip for width and close grip for thickness. I find that both work well (personally I prefer close grip because it stimulates my lats more, but wide grip builds better width).