Swordsman74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do bad sleeping habits affect metabolism?

Sorry if this is a newb question, but for the life of me, I can't seem to get my metabolism up and running. I know that in my 30's, it's not gonna burn quite as hard as it did in my 20's, especially since I had more time to work out then. However, despite cleaning up my diet, and working out regularly, I haven't made a lot of progress. I have considered using a fat-burner to help jump-start my metabolism, but before I go that route, I wanted to know if poor sleeping habits can affect my metabolism? I sleep an average of 4-5 hours a night, and usually wait until I'm really tired before I go to bed.

♚ Elected V.P. - R/P ♚ sawoobley's Avatar
    sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Sleep affects muscle recovery

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=137280743

Don't know where I got this reference but it's worth a look.

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/sl...vents-ffm-loss

You don't need fat burners.

pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes. not enough rest and refuel time. try and shoot for 7-8 hours a night.

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As I mentioned in the previous thread, interrupted sleep has a negative impact on fat oxidation rates http://www.ajcn.org/content/early/20...17632.abstract
    Just a weight lifter