Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz

The Official rpg thread!

Post your favourite rpg games here, tell us why you liked them, your favourite parts about them, just anything in general that made it your favourite rpg!

FF7-classic who couldnt like this game, has everything!
    FF8-same again play it constantly!
    Star Ocean:TTEOT-not played it in a while, think ill need to get another copy, liked the battle system.
    Arc:twighlight of the spirits:- Also trying to get a copy of this, lol using the ol' Ps2 again!

chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000) chaoserver is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The Witcher 1 could have been the best of all time, it started slow got good then got pretty terrible.

Demon's souls is genuinely one of the better ones overall with little drawback, Oblivion is obviously great too.
    Seven Legendary Anime you've never heard of:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157602303&p=1148307083&posted=1#post1148307083

Someday? Someday my dream will come? One night you will wake up and discover it never happened. It's all turned around on you. It never will. Suddenly you are old. Didn't happen, and it never will, because you were never going to do it anyway.

xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000) xdestron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Final Fantasy Tactics

I play a new game every 2-3 years.

jbendil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jbendil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jbendil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jbendil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jbendil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jbendil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jbendil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jbendil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jbendil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jbendil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jbendil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tibia (www.tibia.com)
    old school mmorpg, 2d graphics, HARDCORE community. pvp is the base of the game, no lvl cap, a lot of cultural diversity.. been playing since like 2000 lol

Best part is the fact you know almost everyone on your server after a while and when someone important gets killed or dies, (you actually lose items and experience when pk'd) the entire community has a reaction. It's fun to kill peaceful RPGers haha
    battle net: d0me #1460
    DIABLO

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    i forgot oblivion!!! lol theres hundreds more that are great aswell!!

looking forward to skyrim mind you! and DA 2

FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    While technically a MMORPG...

Everquest, before any expansions.

It was one of the few games i remember having a huge feeling of being lost in the world.
    Being some low level human in Freeport, hearing online that Qeynos was a better place to level and FINALLY finding a player high enough that knew the way and could walk me all the way across the map from Freeport to Qeynos so i could rebind there...

Before the days of Allakhazam or other online sites with spoilers for every quest and maps published everywhere.

Was a truely epic feeling.
    Join KIVA - Donate to those in need around the world! Free $25 for signing up!
    http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/fuzzewuzze

Join the League of Legends! Largest MOBA Game of all time!
    http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4abffc9d33310

209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    final fantasy 6- Best final fantasy EVER!!!!

Vawx is a name known to all. (+5000) Vawx is a name known to all. (+5000) Vawx is a name known to all. (+5000) Vawx is a name known to all. (+5000) Vawx is a name known to all. (+5000) Vawx is a name known to all. (+5000) Vawx is a name known to all. (+5000) Vawx is a name known to all. (+5000) Vawx is a name known to all. (+5000) Vawx is a name known to all. (+5000) Vawx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Recently beat FFXIII but it was hardly one of the better ones.
    VII is of course one of my favorite games.

Right now I've got IX ready to go, but I'm trying to take a break before jumping into another 50+ hour game
    I also need to restart playing Tactics as I never beat it.
    Also started replaying Super Mario RPG yesterday. Which despite being easy is one of the greatest games ever.

Played WoW for 4 years or so, but the game has declined so drastically that it's hard to justify the $15/mo. The game is REALLY REALLY bad when compared to Classic/BC. Unfortunately their aren't many other options.

Disgaea 4 comes out soon. I only briefly played through 2, but I'll probably pick up 4 when it's released.

Demon's Souls is awesome. I'm not a huge fan of action RPGs, but the difficulty is HUGE plus. It also has lots of other great RPG elements that make it awesome. Can't wait for Dark Souls to come out.

I wish there were more RPGs this generation though. The market is a shell of its former self when compared to PS2, PSX, and SNES libraries. Bioware is the only one pushing mainstream RPGs out and I don't really enjoy any of their games or most WRPGs for that matter.

Originally Posted by Vawx View Post
    Recently beat FFXIII but it was hardly one of the better ones.
    VII is of course one of my favorite games.

Right now I've got IX ready to go, but I'm trying to take a break before jumping into another 50+ hour game
    I also need to restart playing Tactics as I never beat it.
    Also started replaying Super Mario RPG yesterday. Which despite being easy is one of the greatest games ever.

Played WoW for 4 years or so, but the game has declined so drastically that it's hard to justify the $15/mo. The game is REALLY REALLY bad when compared to Classic/BC. Unfortunately their aren't many other options.

Disgaea 4 comes out soon. I only briefly played through 2, but I'll probably pick up 4 when it's released.

Demon's Souls is awesome. I'm not a huge fan of action RPGs, but the difficulty is HUGE plus. It also has lots of other great RPG elements that make it awesome. Can't wait for Dark Souls to come out.

I wish there were more RPGs this generation though. The market is a shell of its former self when compared to PS2, PSX, and SNES libraries. Bioware is the only one pushing mainstream RPGs out and I don't really enjoy any of their games or most WRPGs for that matter.
    That is exactly why i am online purchasing some old ps1/ps2 rpgs now, hate that the new ps3 has no backwards compat....but suppose theres no harm in having the discs right?

BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I really couldn't love this game more even if it gave head.

Vagrant Story
    FF1, FF5, FF6, FF7
    Dragon Warrior VII
    Star Ocean 2
    Earthbound

Damn, those were some great games.
    The assassins of freedom tend the burning of truth.

Originally Posted by BobDaNob View Post

I really couldn't love this game more even if it gave head.

Vagrant Story
    FF1, FF5, FF6, FF7
    Dragon Warrior VII
    Star Ocean 2
    Earthbound

Damn, those were some great games.
    dl vagrant story from the ps-store not really got into it but can see it being one to get hooked on, spesh on a rainy day, still to try chronno trigger and xeno gears!

BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Vagrant Story really has to grow on you because it'd SOOO different, but once you start rolling with good weapons and armor and understand how the game works it's unreal.

Also, the ending is amazing. It's an image that's still stuck in my mind.

sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    star tropics

yea think im gonna give it a go, hmmm anyone tried two worlds two yet? heard mixed reviews, but still, lol ?

Originally Posted by sh4un View Post
    star tropics
    Startropics was goddamn WIN!

How could I forget kicking ass with a yo-yo, a submarine and secret messages in the instruction book that you had to get wet to read?

Zelda + Jimmy Buffet = surprisingly good game.

never heard of it? star tropics? please do tell

TysonLabowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TysonLabowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TysonLabowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TysonLabowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TysonLabowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TysonLabowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TysonLabowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TysonLabowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TysonLabowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TysonLabowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TysonLabowski has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Chrono Cross- First RPG i ever played and loved the hell out of it, i play every other year still.

Chrono Trigger - Played it because of how much i loved Chrono Cross. Easily one of the best stories ever in any video game. I stole my buddies DS just so i could get the port of it.

Xenogears - The first disc of this game was so god damned epic. It would probably be my favorite game ever if the second disc wasnt such sht. Like the developers stopped tryin.

Final Fantasy 9 - My fav final fantasy.. I thought zidane was so cool.

Suikoden - Bought on the ps network on a whim and im so glad i did. It was just that classic rpg that i loved.

Arc the Lad TOTS - Dont know why i like this game so much, but it was awesome.
    Ricky Stanzi & Ray Allen, saving the world, one skank atta time.

(USAF)

"Marriage is betting half your stuff that you'll love each other forever" - Abe Lincoln

Originally Posted by TysonLabowski View Post
    Chrono Cross- First RPG i ever played and loved the hell out of it, i play every other year still.

Chrono Trigger - Played it because of how much i loved Chrono Cross. Easily one of the best stories ever in any video game. I stole my buddies DS just so i could get the port of it.

Xenogears - The first disc of this game was so god damned epic. It would probably be my favorite game ever if the second disc wasnt such sht. Like the developers stopped tryin.

Final Fantasy 9 - My fav final fantasy.. I thought zidane was so cool.

Suikoden - Bought on the ps network on a whim and im so glad i did. It was just that classic rpg that i loved.

Arc the Lad TOTS - Dont know why i like this game so much, but it was awesome.
    chrono cross/trigger are two games i am considering buying, unless they hit the psn store tbh

Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old Man Big is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Chrono Trigger
    Earthbound
    FF3
    FF7
    FF8
    FF9
    Shadow Run
    Breath of Fire
    Super Mario Rpg
    Secret of Mana
    Secret of Evermore

Cant go wrong with any of those

Originally Posted by Old Man Big View Post
    Chrono Trigger
    Earthbound
    FF3
    FF7
    FF8
    FF9
    Shadow Run
    Breath of Fire
    Super Mario Rpg
    Secret of Mana
    Secret of Evermore

Cant go wrong with any of those
    hmm not really heard of the last two, i must investigate!

209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 209manny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    That is exactly why i am online purchasing some old ps1/ps2 rpgs now, hate that the new ps3 has no backwards compat....but suppose theres no harm in having the discs right?
    new ps3 can still play ps1 games, just not ps2 games.

Aameiel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aameiel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aameiel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aameiel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aameiel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aameiel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aameiel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aameiel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aameiel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aameiel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Aameiel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FuzzeWuzze View Post
    While technically a MMORPG...

Everquest, before any expansions.

It was one of the few games i remember having a huge feeling of being lost in the world.
    Being some low level human in Freeport, hearing online that Qeynos was a better place to level and FINALLY finding a player high enough that knew the way and could walk me all the way across the map from Freeport to Qeynos so i could rebind there...

Before the days of Allakhazam or other online sites with spoilers for every quest and maps published everywhere.

Was a truely epic feeling.
    this i loved that game had a great time playing it , i started off as an SK but ended up playing my monk more miss that game
    “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” - Frederick Douglass

EyesCold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EyesCold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EyesCold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EyesCold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EyesCold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EyesCold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EyesCold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EyesCold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EyesCold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EyesCold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EyesCold is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

fun to shoot. not much variety though. inless we are talking all kinds of missle launchers

Originally Posted by 209manny View Post
    new ps3 can still play ps1 games, just not ps2 games.
    Yea mate i know, was really aimed more at the ps2 games

Originally Posted by EyesCold View Post

fun to shoot. not much variety though. inless we are talking all kinds of missle launchers
    perhaps, can only imagine its a bit in-accurate, good in large crowds mind you!

Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000) Supadude is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Planescape: Torment

grandia!!

anyone play the 2nd or 3rd ones?

reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    SMRPG

The Shiningforce Series.

Final Fantasy IV, VII, VIII.

Ragnarok Online (MMORPG)
    STEAM: rangetsu1 | SC: jonnyboiiir | IG: jonnyreyes12

misc #2 assman ω. keep hustlin' cuzz *Wrestling family crew*

outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ff8. always loved the feel of the ff8 world. music was awesome and just wandering in places like fishermans horizon or timber was really fun.

loved the story too, the laguna sequence really tied in the game and the plot twist near the end really makes it good.

the ending was sad and bittersweet. i felt like if i was anyone else i would be crying
    Sniff hard as fuk when guys pass by to smell their balls crew
    Don't know how to hold arms when walking crew
    Has to use a soundboard to order pizza crew
    Order pizza and lower money from second floor in bucket crew
    Bodybuilders against lifting crew
    Mod Negs: 3

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Yea mate i know, was really aimed more at the ps2 games
    pssshhh best rpgs are on the ps1 anyways.

you've got

brigandine
    chrono cross
    vagrant story
    Valkyrie Profile
    Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
    persona 2
    legend of dragoon
    xenogears