Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    itis1132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WorkoutSwag View Post
    Part of my rip cage sticks out when relaxed but probably cuz I'm pretty lean and skinny with a athletic build at 12% bf...
    I was at 7% 3 months ago...

So should I still take protein shakes even on non-workout days?

CDuffy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDuffy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDuffy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDuffy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDuffy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDuffy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDuffy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDuffy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDuffy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDuffy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CDuffy18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well you want to be aiming for 1g per 1lb bodyweight (of protein that is) (atleast) a day for growth/repair so if you feel the need to then go ahead

LeHoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeHoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeHoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeHoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeHoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeHoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat brahs

Cool Roses are red

Believe it or not guys but my ribs are actually getting less noticeable ! The thing is that i'm eating alot but I am getting some fat in the chin area and am starting to get a double chin :P I'm also starting to lack on cardio.... I'm a soccer/hockey player. Should I just eat more and do cardio ? Or eat as much as I am eating right now and do cardio ? --- This would remove fat in chin area ?? Thanks for the help

Check the attached picture to see some *progress*. And if you wanna see how I looked before, than go on my profile and look at my progress pictures !
    Attached Images

DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looking much better bro, keep eating and it will completely disappear I used to have the same thing and I thought I ate enough till I started force feeding. Doing good op, stay motivated.

ZunePod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can't believe everybody has said eat eat eat, and no mention of Obliques.

Your oblique muscles are down the side of your abs. So training these should reduce the gap below your ribs and make your problem less noticeable.

DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000) DatSkinnyKid is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ZunePod View Post
    Can't believe everybody has said eat eat eat, and no mention of Obliques.

Your oblique muscles are down the side of your abs. So training these should reduce the gap below your ribs and make your problem less noticeable.
    Definitely

MX200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have the exact same thing bro.

I just found something on the internet and was wondering if it was true or not, please read it's definatly worth it! :

A Solution

My ribs stick out as well, i was born this way, so do my dads, so do my brothers. The thing is, i'm learning it's not impossible to reduce/remedy this.. it's all about stretching. The thing is i don't know if my ribs stick out or if my back is too tight so that my rib-cage doesn't sit completely centered, do you follow? Maybe i learned postural behavior from my father and re-enforce that because it's all i know.

Over the last year i've been stretching a lot more, i do a lot of back stretches, yoga, hand stands, its dope, everything is balancing out, as i stretch my back it gives my ribcage more room to sit more evenly in my frame. You don't need a brace or some kind of surgery, our body is wrapped in muscle ready to be a 'living' brace to allow any shape you want. The important part is the mind-body connection. Look in the mirror, rock out to the image you see, stretch and sculpt and move until it looks dope as hell, and then keep it up. Every chance you get - position yourself the way you'd rather have our body sit, and you will feel all sorts of tight areas, those tight areas are preventing it from being the way you're positioning it. BREATHE stretch those tight areas slowly over time. Our lungs do a lot of the work of keeping our posture in check. Imagine a sock, its slumped over, now put a balloon in the sock, and fill it half way with air, the sock will start to fill out and stand up... most people get stiff over time, adopt bad posture, and get tight in places they don't realize because they learn to move differently.

Running regularly, will force your lungs
    to pump and shimmy all your bones and muscles in alignment, pushing your cardio will cause your lungs to expand more than they would on any average day, and u will feel the soreness in your back, you will feel how they are stretching everything and shimmying it back into place... fill the balloon in the sock all the way and it's going to stand straight up! That's how the breath also works in yoga, you find a position that is comfortable but slightly stretching, and then you take a DEEEEEP breath and this pulls the muscles a little bit more because you're expanding from the inside, you do this over and over and its a gentle process that helps you truly stretch your muscles and maintain balance. Another important aspect is physicality. Do not simply simulate athleticism in the gym, for a truly balanced body you need to BE athletic, and this can mean something as simple as acrobatics, try and do a hand stand, the first thing you'll notice is your balance is off, control your fall so you dont hurt yourself but you'll soon realize this is a great and easy way to build up your shoulders and forearms.. its easy to control your fall so you'll always be fine, so its a fun way to become more athletic, try your hand stands all the time, and you'll get better and better, soon it will be way easy, you'll be walking around on your hands like a gymnast, you'll start breathing and relaxing as you do it and you'll realize its a very natural way to bring your body more balance.

I feel the human body is an amazing piece of equipment, but it gets stale without proper use, celebrate your body, get into hip hop dancing, get into yoga, do some handstands, basically just try and do cool **** with your body all the time and you'll realize how much more athletic you're becoming, and how much more balanced your body is as well. Back to the point, your back will get more stretched and your ribs will shimmy into the proper alignment, your neck will elongate your legs will get stronger, they'll start pulling the proper muscles to help balance the rest.. its all gotta be used for it to be right. That's why guys with the BEST bodies are athletes, because rough and tumble athleticism embodies masculinity, and celebrates the benefits of the male form... i feel women with the BEST bodies are dancers, and symbolically it embodies femininity, and celebrates the delicate harmony and graceful balance of a feminine form...

Our bodies are totally rad and can do amazing things, no form is unchangeable it's all real time.. BE the change you desire, simulate it, wrap yourself up in it, embody it and embrace it, and it will manifest soooo fast. I have an amazing eight pack and i don't do situps, i just love the way my abs look and every time i see a mirror i'm like "yeeeh" and they're like, thats right, whats up!! and thats the mind body connection thing i'm talking about. If you look at the parts of yourself that are fat, and grab them and be like, damnit i'm fat... they wont go anywhere, because they are a part of your consciousness, if you look at the parts of your body that are dope as hell, and position yourself to look even hotter, and love it, those things are what you'll get more of.. want a perky ass, flex so its perky whenever u look in the mirror, and love ur ass, it'l soon be that way, naturally.

Do you ever see chicks who have an amazing body but their face is kinda beat? it's like, "what went wrong here??" for some reason they're loving their body and vibing out on how hot it is, and its vibing them back by getting hotter and hotter, but they're ignoring their face! they're the type of girls who probably dont really look at their face very often, and its funny because when you're interacting with them they're deflecting attention away from their face as well!!

The beat face is a RESULT of that attitude, not the source. I've seen girls i make feel beautiful TRANSFORM, completely embrace their beauty and the transformation happens very quickly!! but the key is tenacity, the more your spirit is IN your parts the more those parts will shine with vibrancy and beauty.

Most people walk around the world dragging their bodies through the elements to be destroyed... they're in the future or in some idea but out of the moment.. out of their body...dragging it behind them.. you have to be IN your body, be in every part. If you have bad circulation to your feet, FEEEEEL your feet, pay attention to your toes, you'll feel your energy move there, then you may realize that you're not focusing on some other part, because your energy is in your feet... You now notice that you don't have enough energy to be in every part of your body at the same time... you're either in your head, or in your face, or in your feet, but not in everything at once... Now you see the work you have to do, you see you have to make more life energy... more spirit energy... to be in everything all the time... by sending the energy to your feet, then doing something with your hands, you've just stretched your consciousness INSIDE your body... but its thinned out... the result... more consciousness will grow to fill in the gaps, to keep up...

Suddenly you'll be aware of more tight parts in your physical form, you'll feeeeeel where things need to be stretched, where energy pathways need to be loosened and unclogged to allow more of your lifeforce to permeate everything... your energy is now larger, it's taking up more room! Stiffened... ignored areas have no where to hide, they cannot be ignored because you're filling out your body energetically.. your not.. in one part and removed from the others... you're no longer dragging your body around to be destroyed.. you're LIVING.... you're growing, you're regenerating, you're vibrant, you're GANGSTA!! so rock out and figure out what you're gonna do with all this time here in eden!

One more thing, when you start filling out parts of your body with your life force, when you start BEING in the different parts, you realize that the different parts have ideas of their own! spend more time in your legs you'll feel the desire to run and jump and skateboard and surf and dance, spend more time in your scalp and you'll want long luxurious hair to cover your head and shoulders, blow in the wind and shade your beautiful face from the sun like a living, sparkling hood.. our bodies are our UNCONSCIOUS MIND, live more in yours, pay attention to its vibration, and you'll see life is the balance of spirit, body, and mind, not one or the other, each can only exist WITH all together. YEEEEH rock on

v3nom42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) v3nom42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) v3nom42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) v3nom42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) v3nom42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) v3nom42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) v3nom42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) v3nom42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) v3nom42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) v3nom42 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I used to have the same problem, i hit my chest hard and did alot of decline work, after hitting chest 2x/week all summer and gaining roughly 20 - 25 lbs of lean mass, it is no longer really noticeable. Oh and EAT MORE BRAH, srsly bishes dont dig the holocaust victim look.

tskitz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tskitz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tskitz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tskitz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tskitz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tskitz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tskitz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tskitz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tskitz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tskitz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tskitz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    i used to have that when i was real skinny but now its practically gone lmaoo not even from lifting but from eating ahahaha
    ☹☹☹☹ **SADBOYSZ / EMOTIONAL BOYSZ 2003 CREW** ☹☹☹☹
    BLACK MANE WHITE WORLD

GSP124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSP124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSP124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSP124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSP124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSP124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSP124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSP124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSP124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSP124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GSP124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't worry too much about it, I saw the pic and its not that noticable/bad at all. And even if you think it is, it will dissapear naturally and quickly as you gain size
    Go Hard Forever.

yonix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yonix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yonix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yonix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yonix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yonix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yonix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yonix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yonix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yonix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yonix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Had/have this too. It's pretty much gone now(5'9 and 145). Had it when I was skinnier. Just put on overall mass and it will go away itself, I always used to worry about it, but now I've got abs
    5'9"
    158 LB 8-10% BF

Hard work and dedication

tjgilverson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjgilverson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjgilverson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjgilverson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjgilverson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjgilverson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjgilverson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjgilverson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjgilverson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjgilverson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjgilverson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not 1 blatant troll in this thread! Tbb is improving! GL op, you're looking alot better then when you started! I'm sure your problem will be gone in no time, not to mention the start of an aesthetic lifestyle if you so desire!
    Aiming to bulk to 210, putting on 1-2 pounds a week, then cutting to ~10%

11/24/11 - 178 lbs
    12/01/11 - 181 lbs
    12/08/11 - 183 lbs
    12/15/11 - 184 lbs - Upping cal's by ~250.

Stats: Flat bench-(225 x 5)::::Paralell squat-(225 x 7)::::Deadlift-(315x3)
    My log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140351483&p=793860573&posted=1#post793860573

ThaddeusFlynn is not very helpful. (-500) ThaddeusFlynn is not very helpful. (-500) ThaddeusFlynn is not very helpful. (-500) ThaddeusFlynn is not very helpful. (-500) ThaddeusFlynn is not very helpful. (-500) ThaddeusFlynn is not very helpful. (-500) ThaddeusFlynn is not very helpful. (-500) ThaddeusFlynn is not very helpful. (-500) ThaddeusFlynn is not very helpful. (-500) ThaddeusFlynn is not very helpful. (-500) ThaddeusFlynn is not very helpful. (-500)
    Eat as much as you think is enough then triple it.

Originally Posted by v3nom42 View Post
    srsly bishes dont dig the holocaust victim look.
    Haha nice one. Btw when you say eat more, does it always have to be clean and healthy food? Oh and I'll start doing a full abs workout. I had taken a break of SS for christmas but now I guess I'll start again .... SS is still a good program for me ? Or should I do a split workout to really focus on my upper body and do what you guys said (decline stuff, etc)

progress?

Just tought I'd do a quick update on my progress, i haven't been seriously working out lately but my ribs are slowly getting less noticeable. I'm starting soccer season next week so I guess this will be a good motivation to start training properly again! I will also be training for a 10km race in june and hopefully will get bigger quickly because I want to play rugby this summer! I also found a way to flex that completely hides (see pics) my ribs and I believe it's called stomach vacuum.
    Attached Images

Mojtabafaraji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mojtabafaraji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mojtabafaraji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mojtabafaraji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mojtabafaraji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mojtabafaraji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mojtabafaraji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mojtabafaraji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mojtabafaraji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mojtabafaraji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by itis1132 View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I'm 6ft1in and 145 pounds, 15 years old. For some reason my lower ribs are sticking out (see attached image) and I want to find a way to hide them and at the same time gain more muscle. I'm pretty sure no one has ever seen this before but if you do I would really appreciate if you could tell me because I would like to know if I'm the only one to have this. I've done some research and never found anything about it, not even what it's called. Looks like its a malformation from maybe when I was younger I had bad posture. Whatever, I'm have this and want to find a way to be normal because I've always been self-conscious about it.

I thought that maybe by stretching it would get in place but I have no idea of how to stretch, how often, how long to hold the stretch, etc. If anyone can help me on this it would be really appreciated. You have no idea how much I would be happy if I could hide my ribs, it would give me so much more self confidence and honestly I would have a better life. Every time I'm having a good day or just feeling good there's always this little voice inside of me that says :But your ribs are sticking out. Find me crazy,this might never have happened to you before but trust me it really sucks and can make a good day go bad easily.

Also, training-wise I thought that maybe if I had bigger obliques/abs my ribs would be hid by them and they would kind of disappear under the abs. Another question : are there any muscle right in the middle of the upper body ? Like right under the lower part of the pec? If so I will try to get it bigger to fill the gap there is between my ribs and my pecs.

That's about it if you can help me in any way possible I would be very grateful and hopefully I will be able to overcome my self-consciousness with your help guys! Thanks alot and have a good day!

Btw sorry if you had trouble understanding me english isn't my maternal language and sometimes I express myself wrong!
    tough question op.

BackofSteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Trigger543 View Post
    From your op you seem to think you're like a genetic experiment gone wrong and you're some kind of freak... You're only problem is you need more mass. There's nothing else wrong with you from that pic. Chill out a little, you're too young to stress like that.
    I was thinking this exactly. Your just skinny man don't worry just eat more and lift.

voyce is just really nice. (+1000) voyce is just really nice. (+1000) voyce is just really nice. (+1000) voyce is just really nice. (+1000) voyce is just really nice. (+1000) voyce is just really nice. (+1000) voyce is just really nice. (+1000) voyce is just really nice. (+1000) voyce is just really nice. (+1000) voyce is just really nice. (+1000) voyce is just really nice. (+1000)
    1. your display pic must be of you.

2. OP just put on mass, but yeah that's normal.
    bulk, cut, and then see what happens.

TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TonyJH is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    build the muscles around your ribcage to make it less protrusive.

step 1: train chest
    step 2: train back
    step 3: ???
    step 4: profit!
    *Alina Baraz & Galimatias Urban Flora CREW*

l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Let me just sum up what the people that are saying "eat" mean. Get fat as fuk.
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

**Forever Legend**

Competitions
    ( ͜ʖ ͡)( ͜ʖ ͡)( ͜ʖ ͡) ( ͜ʖ ͡)( ͜ʖ ͡)( ͜ʖ ͡)

TMisc Bulking competition: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152133453

( ͜ʖ ͡)( ͜ʖ ͡)( ͜ʖ ͡) ( ͜ʖ ͡)( ͜ʖ ͡)( ͜ʖ ͡)

jas984uk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same problem mate build your upper body
    Get Ripped or die trying!

Andrewkolbs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Ok so I just made an account becuase of this post. I have the exact same problem if not worse. I'm confused when people say put on weight and eat becuase I have a very high metabolism and I fear eating food will destroy that. Also when you say eat, does it matter what you eat? Can I eat total crap or make it healthy. I want to get the ribs extruding area gone but I don't want to be fat. I want to keep my six pack and if not be even more jacked. I would attach a pic but like I said I just started this site. Any one know the answers to all the questions above? Thanks!

Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Andrewkolbs View Post
    Ok so I just made an account becuase of this post. I have the exact same problem if not worse. I'm confused when people say put on weight and eat becuase I have a very high metabolism and I fear eating food will destroy that. Also when you say eat, does it matter what you eat? Can I eat total crap or make it healthy. I want to get the ribs extruding area gone but I don't want to be fat. I want to keep my six pack and if not be even more jacked. I would attach a pic but like I said I just started this site. Any one know the answers to all the questions above? Thanks!
    Step 1. Read date of thread before you post
    ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ I was part of the 2016 Ultra Thread Crew ♪ (‿ˠ‿)
    ASOT Crew

TargetBeast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TargetBeast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TargetBeast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TargetBeast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TargetBeast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TargetBeast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TargetBeast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TargetBeast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TargetBeast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TargetBeast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TargetBeast is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by itis1132 View Post
    it's hard to eat a lot because of school but I try to eat as much as possible . Btw, are protein shakes good even when it's not after a workout ? because I usually take them like 30 mins after working out but I don't know if I should take it on days that I'm not lifting weights( which are wednes, friday, sunday) on these days, I usually do cardio or plyo. Should I still take a shake?
    Don't worry about using protein shakes, just up your calories

eat

3-5 clean meals (i.e. meat + potatoes/rice + veges)

4-6 snack meals (i.e. microwaveable lazange, pies, bread and cheese, ham, pizza, tins of food etc...)

JetSun is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Long shot

I know this thread is like 5 years old so chances are you wont read this but please look into marfans syndrome. You seem tonfit the charactertics and its important to get diagnosis as common for dangerous heart so you woulf need regular check ups and pushing yourself too far could be lethal.

jjhenry02 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face

Luckily you are not alone i have this same issue. My ribs stick out at the bottom and it can be annoying. From what i have found it's called rib flare and im not sure if it's fixable.