musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10) musicgold is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What is causing this shoulder pain?

Hi,

I am having a mild shoulder pain when I do some exercises involving the shoulders. First I had the pain in my right shoulder, so gave it a break. Now my left should has started hurting. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have been exercising for years.

It hurts the most when I do push ups, military presses or floor presses ( I have stopped bench pressing as I thought that caused the injury in my right shoulder). I have been using the ice treatment for the pain, but it doesn't seem to go away.

Exercises I do: pull ups, push ups, military press, floor press, the row, lat pull down, shoulder press, dead lifts, squats. The only exercises that cause me a shoulder pain are push ups, floor press, and military press. I am able to rotate both my arms forward and backward without any pain.

What should I do?

Thanks

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What you should or shouldn't do will depend on the underlying cause of your shoulder pain.
    It's essential you get that correctly diagnosed or you might YouTube-Rehab it with entirely the wrong exercises and drills and at best case not improve it (worst case make it worse). Are you able to go and see an experienced physio (physical therapist), even if for just only 1 session to get some diagnosis/advice (more would be better)

Get well soon!

BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When doing any of these exercises, make sure your shoulders are back and down in their socket. Also, no wide grip pushing. On overhead press, pushups, bench, your elbows should not flare out--keep them tucked in towards your body to ease the burden on your shoulders. Spend time to warm up the joints before lifting, and laying on your back and rolling on a lacrosse ball placed at the back of your shoulder should help loosen things up. If this doesn't work, and rest doesn't help, then it's time for an MRI. Getting old sucks.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You didn't really describe where it hurts, could be impingement, bursitis, bicep tendinitis, etc. I've had all those. Sht posture from sitting in a chair all day plus too much pushing and not enough pulling. Work on rear delts, rhomboids and lower traps. The idea is the stronger they are the more they'll fight your pecs from pulling shoulders forward, for stretching, hit pecs and biceps daily.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555